Bleeding, cramps, then nothing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-04-2010, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter
fjc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone else had this? I'm 10w2days. This is my 3rd pregnancy. I had zero complications with my other 2. I started spotting on Wed night (today is Friday) and then this afternoon, the bleeding got a bit heavier (nothing crazy) I had some cramps for about an hour, had a blood clot, then nothing. From friends who've had miscarriages, they say it's incredibly painful. This was a bit uncomfortable.
So at this point, I have no idea if I had a mild miscarriage, if one is imminent or what! Tomorrow we're hosting a bday party for my 2 yr old - I think I'm going to be a bit distracted.
Anyone else have these kind of symptoms and then no miscarriage? Or was the miscarriage a few days later?
Thanks!

SAHM (32) Married to DH (32). Loving my DD ('06), DS ('08), and DD ('11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2010, 09:52 PM

That is what my m/c was like 10 wks. Some spotting that picked up over 24 hours, some cramps for about an hour, a very small clot that night and then then back to spotting. It never became labor like or very painful. I also never passed a large clot or anything that resembled a sac or embryo.

It is hard to say what could be going on with you. It is either something nothing. You may want to call your HCP and and see what they want you do to.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
Old 06-05-2010, 05:02 AM

I'm not very informed about miscarriage in general, but just wanted to chime in and say that just because you're 10 weeks doesn't mean that your baby is 10 weeks. I am officially 13+2 today and if I hadn't had an ultrasound I would be none the wiser. But my embryo died at 8 weeks and I still haven't miscarried.

From my recent reading I get the impression that a miscarriage of a fetus that had actually developed to 10 weeks would be painful, as you say. But a missed abortion of a 5 week embryo that passes at 10 weeks might be a non-event. So unless you've had a scan or heard a heart beat it's hard to know what the situation may be.

I very much hope that's not the case for you. I myself just like having as much information as possible. It sounds to me like an ultrasound is in order for you to give you some peace of mind.

Thinking of you,
Sarah

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

Old 06-05-2010, 01:50 PM

I'm so sorry you are having the deal with and question the possible loss of your baby. Personally, I would get an ultrasound because I would need to know one way or the other. I believe that it is entirely possible that it was a missed miscarriage of a younger fetus, but it is also completely possible that you had a partial abruption and it clotted and corrected it's self and everything is fine. I hope you get some answers soon and you are able to enjoy your son's birthday party!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:33 AM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
At about 12 wks this pg I had a huge gush of blood and some cramping. That turned into light spotting. Then about 4 hours later a large clot came out and then nothing. When I went in for an u/s later on, they couldn't find a single thing that would have caused the bleeding.

My 5th pg, I had the same blood gushes and some spotting from about 12-18 wks. I had a subchorionic hemorrhage. Obviously, the baby ended up just fine since he's now a healthy 2 yr old. But I was almost sure that was what was going on this pg, but I guess not. I would definitely recommend getting an u/s to see what exactly is going on.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

Old 06-08-2010, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter
fjc

So, I finally know what's going on! I had an ultrasound yesterday and talked with my midwife today. My HCG levels were high which showed I was pregnant but the u/s showed an empty sac. So, the zygote/embryo/fetus was not gestating. Hence, the bleeding but no major pain. I passed, and probably the last, a larger blood clot today.

It makes it easier to think it was a weird and wonk pregnancy versus that my wee babe had not materialized.

The other good news is that it'll be easier to rebalance my system which means we can try as soon as we're ready - yeah!

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancies everyone!

SAHM (32) Married to DH (32). Loving my DD ('06), DS ('08), and DD ('11)

Old 06-09-2010, 06:15 AM

Oh, I'm so sorry that your pregnancy turned out to not be! I wish you the best of luck when you're ready to try again! I am sending you positive vibes and thoughts for a healthy normal egg and sperm to meet each other and make you a beautiful baby!!!!!
- Jen

Mom of 5 working full-time and waiting to go to nursing school! Whew! I need a nap! joy.gif

Old 06-09-2010, 12:37 PM

fjc, I'm so sorry. I believe that is what my miscarriage was as well, a blighted ovum. I got pregnant with this baby the cycle following my miscarriage, I hope the same happens for you.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.

User Tag List