Exercise Accountability Group! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-30-2010, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I swam again on Monday, and then yesterday I did the elliptical for a 1/2 hour. It felt really good, as in, I felt refreshed, but definitely felt like I had gotten a serious workout in!

Today, though, I'm just going to go walk 2 - 3 miles around the pond, and maybe do some yoga. I have totally been sucking at the yoga thing.

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010, 04:55 PM

Hi Mamas. I have been working hard to not join this thread coz' I know I am REALLY LAZY. LOL. Since I can't do it on my own as all I have been doing after work was to sit on the couch and stare at the TV and in most nights, don't even cook dinner.
I need to start off really slowly since exercise has not been in my dictionary in years.

Let's plan on 3x walking for 30 minutes for the first few weeks
then I want to add some yoga so I can build strength for the birth

Thank you Mamas,
Grace

Grace, happily married DH. Nathan h20homebirth.gif12.22.10 familybed1.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
Old 06-30-2010, 05:16 PM

Just checkin' in here. I didn't do much this past weekend. I did however do a little creek hike with the family on Sat. Although it really wasn't that hard since my almost 3 yr old was able to do it all with as little as our holding his hands on the decline in a few steeper parts. But at least it was something.

I didn't get the chance to get into the gym on Sunday. Monday I had to work late, Tues I had a dentist appt after work. Today I am going to the gym straight after work. I plan to do the same thing tomorrow. Friday my hubby is kicking the weekend off with a man camping trip, so I'll either take my son with me to the gym or do my new prenatal yoga video at home. I just got it in the mail yesterday and am so looking forward to trying it out. It says that they do have 2 assistants who work out along with the guide and depending which trimester you're in is who you should follow.

Hope everyone is having good workouts!
Old 06-30-2010, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Hooray! Looks like Cindy, Emily and I are off to a start for this week- I just did a yoga video myself- it feels so good to stretch all those muscles!!!

It's Wednesday, so we all still have plenty of time to get our 3 workouts in, so for those of you who haven't so far, start tonight or tomorrow!

GRACE- welcome to the group! Jump right in and try to get those 3 workouts in this week! You can do it!!!

Jamie from Indiana, , Baby #1- Nolan Michael born December 9th, 2010
Old 06-30-2010, 10:34 PM

Ok, you've convinced me. I WILL do yoga tomorrow!

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
Old 07-01-2010, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewheatchick View Post
Ok, you've convinced me. I WILL do yoga tomorrow!
HOORAY!!

Old 07-01-2010, 01:00 AM

I took a couple of days off, but I got back into my groove today. I did a weight workout and later on before bed, I am going to do some relaxing yoga.

Welcome Grace!

Jessica ~ SAHM to Julianne (5-19-07) & Jocelyn (8-10-08) #3 12-25-10
Wife to my best friend and love of my life
Old 07-02-2010, 02:30 AM

I just got a great yoga workout in after a crazy day. It was just what I needed to de-stress Have a great night all!

Old 07-02-2010, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Great job Jessica!!!

Old 07-02-2010, 07:40 PM

alright. I got something to report: I walked 25 minutes last night and another 20 min at lunch today. Not exactly 30, but baby steps.

Grace, happily married DH. Nathan h20homebirth.gif12.22.10 familybed1.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
Old 07-03-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazy101 View Post
alright. I got something to report: I walked 25 minutes last night and another 20 min at lunch today. Not exactly 30, but baby steps.
The important thing is that you found the time and motivation to get some exercise in! Great job

I did 20 minutes/4.5 miles on the bike today then did and arm workout followed by some stretching.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:32 PM

Let's see...on Thursday, I swam 1 mile. Yesterday, I walked 3 miles in 45 min. and FINALLY managed to get in 15 min. of yoga! Today, I was going to swim, but the thunder has already started and they close the pool at the YMCA for that. So, I think I"ll head to the cardio room and I"ll hope to do 30 min. on the elliptical, and 15 min. on the bike.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Hey Jess, Grace and Emily- GREAT JOB!!! This weekend we drove to Iowa to attend a friend's wedding- I made sure I got in 30 minutes of walking and a wholllllle lotta dancing yesterday! Go us!

Happy 4th!!

Old 07-06-2010, 02:17 PM

I did the elliptical for 1/2 hour on Monday, and today I went swimming. Finally, the sun is out again in the sunshine state!

Since I am still having a hard time getting motivated to do yoga, I am making a more conscious effort to stretch really well after working out, and while DH and I watch movies/shows in the evening, if we do that.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:33 PM

Ok, yesterday I did the air walker for 30 min., and then walked fast on the treadmill for 15 min.

Today I managed to slog through a mile swim...seriously, it felt like the pool was filled with lead, not water!

Tomorrow, I think I will just walk a few miles around the pond near our house. I can tell that my body needs a bit of a break.

Ooh, and my sister is coming to visit and brining my 3 1/2 month old nephew, so I am planning on getting a lot of "arm workouts" in by holding him

Old 07-08-2010, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

I feel like such a slacker that all I've done is walked- but I've at least done that every night for 30 minutes! I keep telling myself something is better than nothing.

I'm so hungry- gonna go get some food now

Old 07-12-2010, 01:20 PM

Sorry everyone. I haven't posted here in over a week I've been super busy with work. The good thing is that I didn't slack with my workouts! I can't believe it cause I'm the worst morning person ever...but somehow I managed to wake up Thurs and Friday am BEFORE work to get into the gym. I needed to go in the mornings cause I had to work very late a couple days last week and I really didn't want to give up my workout streak that I've worked so hard to build. So with those 2 workouts and my Monday workout after work last week, I made it to my desired 3 times last week!

However, I've had my new prenatal yoga dvd to try out for over 2 weeks now and still haven't gotten to it I see everyone else is doing well with their yoga workouts though! Keep it up! Hopefully I can fit in some time this week to do my yoga video and get in my 3 regular gym sessions.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:23 PM

I was MIA last week, but despite being way too busy, I managed to get in a few workouts. I did yoga on Tues and Friday and rode the bike on Saturday. I am looking to kick it up a notch this week, but am wondering where the 2nd trimester energy is?!?!?!

Old 07-12-2010, 03:10 PM

Sat. I took the day off, just a 1 mile jaunt around the pond. Sunday I swam for about 40 minutes. Today DH and I are planning on going on a really long walk.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah I've been doing a lot of functional exercise- lol. We moved all the office stuff including a few bookshelves worth of books from our top floor to our basement- I was dripping in sweat!!! Also I've been walking outside when it hasn't been raining. But, I need to make my yoga a priority at least 2 times weekly.

Jess and Cindy- glad to hear you guys were doing so well- keep checkin in! Not only do you get to brag about your workouts, but it makes the rest of us get off our butts to join in the glory

Old 07-14-2010, 12:13 PM

Jamie, I hear you on the funtional exercise! Last night I was thinking of going to the gym, but instead got side tracked. My MIL's birthday was yesterday so we all met up for dinner. Then DH went to a movie with some buddies. Instead of taking my restless DS to the gym (because I know he would just sit and watch tv most likely in the kids room) I took him to the park on my bike (pulling him in the kiddie trailer) and then while we were at the park, he saw an empty baseball diamond next door and we walked over there and "Ran the bases". He loves it and boy does he have a ton of energy! He had me beat most of the time, but it got my heart beat up and had me outa breath at the end.

I totally slacked on waking up to go to the gym this am and I have an LLL meeting tonight, a get together with a friend tomorrow night, and a tastefully simple party on friday! I really need to wake my ass up tomorrow and friday morning if I want to make it to my 3 workouts this week. I've only went to the gym on monday and the week is already getting away from me!

Hopefully everyone else is getting to their workouts.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:43 PM

Hey! I just joined the Dec Due Date Club and I wanted to get in on your exercise accountability. I go to a great prenatal yoga class on Wednesday nights but I just got a home video and want to do that as well. I used to play rugby, but it's not really something you want to play while pregnant so I am feeling pretty lazy lately. My goal is to do SOMETHING everyday, even if it is just walking for 30 minutes and pushing my son in the stroller.

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2010, 06:30 PM

Welcome, Hezmoeller!

I thought about playing rugby when we lived in Corpus Christi, but DH was afraid I would constantly have concussions, as I am a complete klutz. I played padless tackle football with 30 guys and 2 other girls for a semseter in college, and had a lot of fun with that. I'm not any good, but it was fun.

Ok, let's see...Monday DH and I went for a long walk at a nearby park. Yesterday I swam 1 mile; today I did 30 min on the elliptical and some stretching, and I do not feel good. Belly ache, my hip is acting up, etc., so now I'm treating myself to white carbohydrates!

Old 07-14-2010, 06:34 PM

I'm still going to the gym 3x a week. I've done a pretty good job of keeping the extra weight off and only the essential weight gain on. Plus, my legs are looking pretty good

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
Old 07-15-2010, 01:30 AM

Welcome hezmoeller!

I did some weights this morning, though the littles were being extremely needy, so not the best workout. Tonight I was all geared up to go for a run and then I stepped outside and checked my Iphone and it was still 108 degrees at 8 PM!! Instead of scrapping the workout, I did some walking/running/walking lunges intervals for 25 minutes. I am definitely done for the night!

Old 07-15-2010, 02:25 AM

Well, so far, so good this week! I ran/walked on sunday, did yoga and weights yesterday, and I'm not sure what to do tomorrow. But I will get in at least one more workout of something this week!

Peace and health, Jenny - Mama to my love 12/01, my lovely 7/04, and my beloved 10/06, and one angel. ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35***bellycast.gif40**
Old 07-19-2010, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Hey mamas- I just wanted to check in and apologize for being MIA lately. We have major drama in the house right now which involves my hubby changing jobs, possibly giving up his business, us possibly moving 2 hours away, me quitting my job and losing my health benefits (or paying $900 in COBRA) before baby is born and oh yeah, now that I mention it, having our first baby.

I'm not coping well with it- just kind of laying low and doing very little until we figure it all out. Anyways, I thought I should just give you a heads up that until we make some of the major decisions here, I doubt that I will be up for posting.

Keep us in your prayers!!

Old 07-21-2010, 01:48 AM

Sorry for all the crazy stressful news, Jamie I hope you can find a little time for yourself.

Tonight, I rode the bike and did a little weights with stretching afterwards. I am really hoping to be able to get in a few more workouts in this week, but I have ad ZERO energy lately!!

Old 07-21-2010, 01:27 PM

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time, Jamie! I hope things sort out for you.

I haven't been on this thread much but I am getting better at exercising since I've been out of the 1st tri. Last week I ran on sunday, did yoga on tuesday, and swam on sat. This week so far I have done yoga on Monday and I think today I will go for a walk pushing the 2 littles in the strolller (100 lbs!) and then hopefully go swimming tonight too. Then I can do yoga tomorrow and maybe run on friday. I'd like to swim this weekend too. I am a little ambitious, but I need to get in shape again and not gain too much weight!

Peace and health, Jenny - Mama to my love 12/01, my lovely 7/04, and my beloved 10/06, and one angel. ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35***bellycast.gif40**
Old 07-22-2010, 01:30 AM

I did a great leg workout this morning. Glad I got it in early because I have been feeling so sick at night again.

User Tag List