Exercise Accountability Group! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 96 Old 07-26-2010, 06:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can I get in on this? This sounds awesome and I could def use some accountability! I lost 50 lbs after my last baby (who's now 21 months) and do not want to gain it all back now! I would like to walk 2 days a week and yoga 3 days a week. I would like to walk more, but it's soo hot here that's just not realistic right now. Looking forward to getting to know everyone! Love!

Kathy wife to one awesome husband and 4 beautiful children (and cooking 1 more due Dec 25!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 96 Old 07-26-2010, 06:23 PM

Welcome Kathy!! We are both due on Christmas

I finished off last week with a weight workout and some yoga. My sciatica is really bothering me as of late, so I have not felt like working out at all! I need to keep telling myself that the yoga will help.

Jessica ~ SAHM to Julianne (5-19-07) & Jocelyn (8-10-08) #3 12-25-10
Wife to my best friend and love of my life
#93 of 96 Old 07-26-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwpsgurl View Post
My sciatica is really bothering me as of late, so I have not felt like working out at all! I need to keep telling myself that the yoga will help.

I have terrible sciatic pain during pregnancy, too. It thankfully hasn't been too painful this go 'round (not yet anyway). I'm going to see a a physical therapist that specializes in sciatic pain in pregnant women and a chiropractor. and YES! yoga def helps! hope you can find some relief!

Kathy wife to one awesome husband and 4 beautiful children (and cooking 1 more due Dec 25!)
#94 of 96 Old 07-27-2010, 04:01 PM

Jaimie, I hope everything works out okay for you!

Sorry I've been MIA again. I was doing well last week, but then went camping mid-week and was until the weekend. I didn't do much formal excersise but I did manage to get in plenty of walking, and lake swimming. Funtional excersise still counts for something, right?

I haven't gotten my butt back into the gym yet since I've been back though. I've been busy cleaning house and getting back to work and such. I have DH's softball game tonight and a food party (some partylite thing I was talked into by a friend who is due next week and happens to be a partylite consultant) on thurs. I'm hoping I can manage to get my butt into the gym tomorrow and friday nights. I also did squeeze in a yoga video yesterday after DS woke up from his nap. He sat on the couch and watched me half the time and played with his trains the rest. I asked if he wanted to do it with me and he just looked at me funny and said, "No tank you mommy".
#95 of 96 Old 07-27-2010, 06:58 PM

I am FINALLY rejoining this group! Today was my first day back at it, I did a 45 min water aerobics class at the YMCA. My DS had a crying fit when I dropped him and DD off at the nursery because it's been so long since we've been there. I almost thought I wasn't going to get to go to class, but he came around and had fun thankfully! I had forgotten how much I like the Y classes and I feel so good after. I'm going to go again tomorrow and Friday. My plan is to do MWF water aerobics and if I feel up to something extra fine. I got completely out of shape during my super long feeling crappy phase, I was surprised how winded and hot I got today, I had to back it down a notch or 2 from what I would normally do in that class. I hoping that it doesn't take too long to get back to where I was, which is far from athletic anyway!

Glad to see how well you are all doing!

Jamie, I hope things settle down soon for you!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#96 of 96 Old 07-28-2010, 02:04 PM

Day #2 in the pool! Tomorrow is off and back in on Friday.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page