Anyone NOT feeling movement yet?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 06-24-2010, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I guess I should start this out by saying this isn't my first baby. If it was I wouldn't be so anxious. I was 15wks yesterday and so far I haven't felt anything! It just seems like everyone else has been feeling SOMETHING. Now, I have no idea if I have an anterior placenta. We're getting an ultrasound done at 20wks considering what happened last time so we'll find out then. I was one day shy of 13wks when I saw my midwife, HB was in the 150's so I know baby was there! The thing is, it was "muffled" if that makes sense. Strong, just muffled. Basically it wasn't this loud blaring HB on doppler like with my other babies. So, that mixed with no felt movement makes me wonder if I've got an anterior placenta going on or something. I'm just getting nervous. With my last little baby I was feeling her at least every other day around this point. Did it take anyone this long WITHOUT an anterior placenta? Am I the only one still waiting?

Rachel(29)treehugger.gif Crunchy, granola wife of Matthew(30)reading.gif, DD Willow(5yrs)energy.gif, DS Ronan(2yrs) superhero.gif, Ivy Spring 12/29/2009 lost to Hydrops at 20 weeksangel3.gif, 2 other angel.gif and DS Canaan(1yr) kid.gif.  Holy Cow!!! jaw2.gifDue with someone new July 2014!!! joy.gif
#2 of 18 Old 06-24-2010, 02:40 PM

No. You are not the only one. But I know I have an anterior placenta (I was bummed when they told me that because I had the same with DS). With DS, I did not feel him until 24 weeks. So, if you thinking you are freaking out now, you should have seen me then! I was going to buy a doppler, but never found one.

That and my uterus is tilted or tipped or something. So, I think that compounds the issue for me.

I just wait. That is all I can do.

My guess is that you probable do have an anterior placenta. Especially if there was a good heartbeat and you felt your last one by this point.

winner.jpg, cloth diapering, babywearing, AP mama to Aiden (10/04/07) and Rylan (12/20/10)  hbac.gif
#3 of 18 Old 06-24-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbergirl View Post

My guess is that you probable do have an anterior placenta. Especially if there was a good heartbeat and you felt your last one by this point.

I do have an anterior placenta (confirmed on ultrasound), so I've decided not to expect to feel anything until at least 20 weeks. (Although f I feel something before that, I'll be thrilled!)

My baby's heartbeat is like yours, strong but very muffled (different from my last pregnancy, where my placenta was posterior). I bet that's totally what it is.

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#4 of 18 Old 06-24-2010, 02:59 PM

I am 15 weeks tomorrow and nothing. I haven't had any u/s so I'm not sure if I have an anterior placenta, but the hb isn't muffled and my MWs haven't mentioned it (they did actually a few weeks back when we were looking for hb and they thought they heard a muffled hb, but they haven't mentioned it since). I first felt DS at 16 weeks, but only the once that week (I think it must have been position b/c I could also see my skin poking out with it). I'm not sure when I started feeling him regularly, but I'm hoping I feel this bean in the next month or so.

#5 of 18 Old 06-24-2010, 03:29 PM

I *thought* I have been feeling movement, but I can't be 100% sure. My placenta is anterior too. One would think I would know for certain being this is my 5th baby . I am 16 weeks.

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

#6 of 18 Old 06-24-2010, 03:34 PM

I am 15wks along with my sixth pregnancy and I have not felt movement yet. I thought I would be feeling it by now and was worrying about it, but my midwife friend said that most women feel movement at around 17 weeks. I told her I thought it would be sooner for me because I've had so many pregnancies but she pointed out that with more pregnancies, your uterus can stretch out more quickly, giving the baby more room to move around without bumping into the uterine wall for you to feel.

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#7 of 18 Old 06-24-2010, 03:42 PM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova22 View Post
I am 15wks along with my sixth pregnancy and I have not felt movement yet. I thought I would be feeling it by now and was worrying about it, but my midwife friend said that most women feel movement at around 17 weeks. I told her I thought it would be sooner for me because I've had so many pregnancies but she pointed out that with more pregnancies, your uterus can stretch out more quickly, giving the baby more room to move around without bumping into the uterine wall for you to feel.
I think this is what might be happening with me. I feel a few flutters every once in awhile. But I know I felt more at this time with my other pgs. But now that i think about it, I know my uterus is measuring ahead and at my u/s the baby was measuring right on and no mention of an anterior placenta. So I guess I just have a roomy uterus.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#8 of 18 Old 06-24-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post
I think this is what might be happening with me. I feel a few flutters every once in awhile. But I know I felt more at this time with my other pgs. But now that i think about it, I know my uterus is measuring ahead and at my u/s the baby was measuring right on and no mention of an anterior placenta. So I guess I just have a roomy uterus.
The thing is, scientifically and logically, I can see how this all makes sense. But emotionally, I am going insane waiting to feel the baby move. It's hard to be in that limbo between morning sickness and feeling movement, I feel like I need some proof of life. I feel around at least once a day hoping that if I poke the baby, the baby will poke back.

I see you're pregnant with #6, too! Let me know if you ever figure out what causes that, I certainly have no idea according to all the complete kid-counting strangers I see.

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#9 of 18 Old 06-24-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
The thing is, scientifically and logically, I can see how this all makes sense. But emotionally, I am going insane waiting to feel the baby move. It's hard to be in that limbo between morning sickness and feeling movement, I feel like I need some proof of life. I feel around at least once a day hoping that if I poke the baby, the baby will poke back.

I see you're pregnant with #6, too! Let me know if you ever figure out what causes that, I certainly have no idea according to all the complete kid-counting strangers I see.
I'm sorry you're feeling stressed about this!!! I totally know what you're going through... I feel very little movement, and I'm 14 weeks tomorrow. I have felt the tiniest of flutters, but nothing major, and if I totally didn't know better, I would have written them off to gas or digestion!!!
I poke around way more than once a day! LOL! I have only felt two good thumps and those were on two seperate days and like, today... I've felt nothing. Yesterday, one thump. Day before that... nothing.
This is baby 5 for me too, maybe I have a roomy uterus! LOL!!!
I haven't even had my first midwife appointment, and haven't used a doppler, so really, the flutters and two thumps are all the proof I have. It's a little unnerving at times.
Hang in there!!!
- Jen

Mom of 5 working full-time and waiting to go to nursing school! Whew! I need a nap! joy.gif

#10 of 18 Old 06-24-2010, 08:26 PM

I haven't felt movement yet. I'll be 16w on Saturday.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#11 of 18 Old 06-24-2010, 09:25 PM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

I hear you. It's been driving me nuts that I'm not feeling as much at this point as I swear I was with previous babies. Hopefully soon. Luckily I do have a doppler and that helps. But the little stinker will hide and I'll have to seek it out again. Like I said...must be a nice roomy uterus.

DH and I are still trying to figure it out what causes all these babies. We have figured out it's NOT the water.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#12 of 18 Old 06-24-2010, 10:43 PM

I am 13 weeks and some days now with my first baby. How will I know it's the babys movement and not my uterus expanding? From what I read, I know I wil probably wait another month or so. But I can't wait.

Grace, happily married DH. Nathan h20homebirth.gif12.22.10 familybed1.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#13 of 18 Old 06-25-2010, 02:19 AM

Fifteen weeks and haven't felt anything. Sorry it's stressing you out. Most women don't feel it until later, you just hear about the first movements so much! Anyway, after so many pregnancies, for me there's never a "Oh! the first kick!" type of things. It's more like a quiet flutter, and I think, "Oooooh, I've been feeling that a few days and it never clicked!"

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

#14 of 18 Old 06-25-2010, 11:32 AM

I'm 14 5 and not feeling anything. A few days ago my uterus was stretching A LOT but I haven't felt Squirt jumping around in there at all. But, it's my first pregnancy. I'm expeciting that it may take another month. But, I agree with the PP...it's a strange limbo time! If it weren't for the constant hunger, my shorts getting tighter, and these awful headaches, I wouldn't even know I was pregnant!

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#15 of 18 Old 06-25-2010, 11:42 AM

I'm 16 weeks and I don't think I've felt anything yet. I'm not sure though. I guess I'll wait a week or two before worrying though. It's my first, so I'm not sure what to expect.

Doula and SAHM to Xander (4) and Lorelei (1.5). EC gave me courage to CD! Our children are intact. Our surprise 1st bio baby due Dec 2010!
#16 of 18 Old 06-26-2010, 10:48 AM

I will be 15 weeks on Monday, and no movement here yet either. Then again, I do have the fact that its my first pregnancy, my uterus is tilted, and anterior placenta all working against me. LOL.

I mean, I KNOW the baby is moving around in there, the midwife commented on how s/he was swimming away from the doppler when they were looking for the HB the other day. She said she could "hear the baby moving" on doppler, whatever that meant.

I feel with you all. Im so glad that the morning sickness is gone, but without that and without movement I barely feel pregnant these days! (well minus waking up to pee...and the round ligaments stretching. haha)

My anatomical scan is on August 9th (SO far away!), I'll be 21 weeks, and hopefully feeling movement by then!

Fiona Rose  stillheart.gif12.25.10stillheart.gif

#17 of 18 Old 06-28-2010, 01:44 AM

I was 15 weeks on Friday. This is my 3rd baby. I didn't feel lots of movement with either of our girls until going on 20 weeks, and this baby is the same. I have felt a few random "flutters" (one in the last hour of so while on the computer actually!). But like a pp said, if I didn't know better already I could have easily written them off to gas. No good thumps at all yet.

I have no reason to think that my placenta is anterior. It wasn't either of the last 2 times & the baby's heartbeat was a nice clear 168 at the appointment last month. Our midwife specifically made a point of telling me at our 3 month appt that she would not expect me to feel regular (ie: daily) movement until 4-5 months.

It is hard though. I LOVE it once you can feel them moving all the time. So reassuring. As it is there are still days where I'm like, "Are you really in there?"
#18 of 18 Old 06-28-2010, 02:17 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I was 15 weeks on Friday as well. A few times I've sort of thought I felt something, but never enough to really believe it. I can't remember when I felt my son move, but I'm pretty sure it was later than this. He was also a really mellow baby in utero - he rarely kicked much even very late in pregnancy.
That said, I'm still super paranoid, and probably will be until my appointment on Wednesday, at least.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page