~*Weekly Chat Thread for the Week of June 27 - July 3~* - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-30-2010, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoraFlood View Post
I have my anatomy scan in an hour and a half. I am BEYOND nervous, you guys. Please send happy thoughts!
Crossing my fingers and toes for you!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2 more weeks until the anatomy scan. I have the 1st appointment of the day, 7:45 am. I feel I don't have much to contribute at the moment as all I want is to have that scan and move on from the CNM care and just stick with the midwife. I spaced out my appointments so far from the last one. I think the last CNM was June 2 and the MW was June 8th.

I was hoping it would keep me focused on my work instead of obsessing but it turned out to be quite the opposite. Hence, why I ordered the Angel Sounds Fetal Doppler yesterday.

DH felt movement last night, I am pretty sure it was movement because it was centered just below my navel. Had it been on my left side I would've chalked it up to a big gas bubble.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:48 PM

Had my NT scan today at the last possible moment. 13 w 5 d.
Got good measurements, but the tech told me that she thinks the baby is a girl. I thought it was too early to see girl clearly. She did include a disclaimer, but she also it the tech with the most experince there and it was the best of their machines.
Of course I want a girl very much and so my hopes are up.
So I don't know, do I try very hard to keep telling myself that it still is very possible there is a boy, or do I trust that she wouldn't have said anything unless she was fairly sure about what she was seeing.

I don't know if I can wait 4 more weeks for confirmation!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslmere View Post
Had my NT scan today at the last possible moment. 13 w 5 d.
Got good measurements, but the tech told me that she thinks the baby is a girl. I thought it was too early to see girl clearly. She did include a disclaimer, but she also it the tech with the most experince there and it was the best of their machines.
Of course I want a girl very much and so my hopes are up.
So I don't know, do I try very hard to keep telling myself that it still is very possible there is a boy, or do I trust that she wouldn't have said anything unless she was fairly sure about what she was seeing.

I don't know if I can wait 4 more weeks for confirmation!
I had my NT scan with DD at 11w 3d and the tech told me she thought dd was a girl. I was shocked that she would even tell me that at 11 weeks but she was right. Honestly, I don't think the tech would have told you that unless they were pretty certain. I hope she was right and you get your little girl

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

Old 06-30-2010, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Good luck NoraFlood!

and good luck finding the DVDs, peaceful. Sometimes things do just disappear, even when it's impossible, and even in the smallest of houses.

And yay for everyone's good appointments. I just had a good appointment this morning too. Baby's doing good, I'm finally feeling kicks, and I'm finally telling everyone!

Now I just need to figure out how to put on weight. Never thought I'd have that problem, but between nursing my 16 month old and being very active (12 days of backpacking this month), I've actually lost a little weight since my last appointment. I have another backpacking trip planned for August, so need to figure this out soon. Any tips for packing on pounds?
Old 07-01-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Gucci&Granola, I'm glad you're here on the chat thread!
Thank you for the warm welcome AnnetteMarie. Also, I appreciate all the healthcare insight and advice FSG.

I was able to hear the baby's heartbeat yesterday at my appointment and everything is fine . Funny that despite my increasing girth, it's easier for me to "forget" that I'm pregnant now that the 2nd trimester has arrived because the nausea has diminished and much of my energy has returned. I guess without a daily physical reminder I was getting nervous about the baby. Let's just call it "the first baby jitters".

Hope everyone is having a great week .

Mama~Blogger~Artist~Homemaker. Family = DH (married 6 years), baby Elinor, and our puppy Frances.
novaxnocirc.gif    dog2.gif  homebirth.jpg    mdcblog5.gif

Old 07-02-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckittre View Post
Good luck NoraFlood!

and good luck finding the DVDs, peaceful. Sometimes things do just disappear, even when it's impossible, and even in the smallest of houses.

And yay for everyone's good appointments. I just had a good appointment this morning too. Baby's doing good, I'm finally feeling kicks, and I'm finally telling everyone!

Now I just need to figure out how to put on weight. Never thought I'd have that problem, but between nursing my 16 month old and being very active (12 days of backpacking this month), I've actually lost a little weight since my last appointment. I have another backpacking trip planned for August, so need to figure this out soon. Any tips for packing on pounds?
Almond Butter will pack on pounds and isn't bad for you!! Add in smoothies, on toast, on celery!! Wish I had your dilema!! Lots of nuts while backpacking!! Good luck mama!!

Owlgirl w/ life partner of 7 years & Nadia Avani 12/18/10.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:03 PM

I am just wondering where this golden second trimester feeling great is hiding.
I am exhausted all the time still. I feel like I hit a wall around 1 pm and then am out for the night by 10. I am not able to get anything done and the clutter around the house is really getting to me.

But feeling the baby consistently is a very great thing. I love this part.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslmere View Post
I am just wondering where this golden second trimester feeling great is hiding.
I am exhausted all the time still. I feel like I hit a wall around 1 pm and then am out for the night by 10. I am not able to get anything done and the clutter around the house is really getting to me.

But feeling the baby consistently is a very great thing. I love this part.
I'm feeling the same way lately. We've had colds and things so that has contributed I think. I usually feel awesome in the second tri and I'm having some good days now, but am still crashing out at night, and finding myself pretty slugging through the day.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)

User Tag List