"sore" abs? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-30-2010, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I don't have a midwife appointment for another month +, or I would ask them this.

My abs feel sore. That is the best word I think to describe it. Ache, maybe, would be better. It's not the localized "yeah I did too many crunches" low ab thing. It's like my mid to upper abs. Is this normal...just the muscles stretching to accomodate the growing and tumbling Squirt? Or should I be concerned that I am "using" them too much when getting up from bed, couch, etc.?

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#2 of 10 Old 06-30-2010, 11:02 PM

Round ligament pain, maybe? Although I thought that was lower. Your muscles definitely get sore during pregnancy because of the hormones your body releases to help loosen things up in preparation for childbirth, so it could be that. Couldn't hurt to roll over on your side then push yourself up with your arms instead of trying to sit up from a flat on your back position, just in case that is exacerbating things.

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#3 of 10 Old 07-01-2010, 12:06 AM

I have been feeling this for some time now, since the NT screen. I was nervous and thought it was Braxton Hicks already. It feels tight and firm toward the top. The lower belly still feels squishy (I am 16 weeks today).

This isn't my first, so I am chalking it up to my body just working itself into place for the growing jelly bean. I tried explaining this to the MW and she was baffled herself. I used to sense it more after eating a meal and after sex. Now, I just feel it throughout different parts of the day.

I have no spotting and I occassionally feel movement from jellybean so I think...so far so good.
#4 of 10 Old 07-01-2010, 12:16 AM

you know what. ive actually been having pain. but i didnt want to admit it. its like that dull pain you get before youre period starts. Its been weeks now. and sometimes my belly button aches on the inside. I have no idea. Im uncomfortable all day with the lump inside my stomach. I dont remember this feeling at all from before. Its so not round ligament. that was a stretching, i seem to recall. This is like Im bruised on the inside. I also randomly have sharp vaginal pangs that disappear as fast as they appear and only occur on either the left or right side, but not both.

baby is moving a lot (especially when I try to sleep), and even that hurts. its like im ultra sensitive. sometime the kicks actually make me yell. and im only at 17 weeks now. im so confused.

I hate it, really. I cant get comfortable all day long. Im starting to feel trapped already and Im not even halfway done. Its going to be a long summer and a long 6 more months... i prefer the barfing over this any day!

Lauren , DH , DD 02/2007 and expecting #2 (12/7/10)! We
#5 of 10 Old 07-01-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebegim View Post
I also randomly have sharp vaginal pangs that disappear as fast as they appear and only occur on either the left or right side, but not both.

Ditto, it hasn't happened recently but it did a few weeks back. So odd.
#6 of 10 Old 07-01-2010, 10:56 PM

Ive been getting these random pains occasionally too...and thought it was strange (but from the looks of all of us its pretty common?). Anyway, its totally different from the round ligament pain. This pain is actually a bit higher, and localized usually to one spot. Different at different times, though. To me it really does feel like what it feels like to put pressure suddenly on a bruise, if that makes sense. Kind of an "ouch! my funny bone!" pain, but much duller.

Although Im not really feeling movement yet (just an isolated few and far between thing right now), I assumed it was maybe just the baby laying in a certain spot?? I donno...Im as baffled as you all are!

Fiona Rose  stillheart.gif12.25.10stillheart.gif

#7 of 10 Old 07-02-2010, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Well, glad I'm not alone in this! I really just think that it is my ab muscles getting moved around as my uterus starts to push other internal organs into weird positions. It doesn't hurt, really; just a dull achey. I liked how Dichotomy put it: like pushing on an old bruise! It's been a bit better the past few days. I think it might also be from swimming, because I tend to stretch out my whole body when I'm doing laps, and also use my abs to get out of the pool, and to turn around (I, um, don't do flip turns!).

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#8 of 10 Old 07-02-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebegim View Post
Im uncomfortable all day with the lump inside my stomach.
Yes, this! I just described it the other day as feeling as though I had a rock sitting in my gut. It's most uncomfortable when I am in the process of sitting down or standing up -- like, I can really feel it when my body is "folded".

mama to jasper (12-17-10) and theodora (11-13-12)

#9 of 10 Old 07-03-2010, 01:07 PM

yeah. exactly what lovesoup said! and mine is really low, so, while it looks nice, im peeing 2x an hour... and im feeling like a heavy rock is stuck in there. i totally forgot what a pain being pregnant is. i have to wait until im physically exhausted to try to sleep, otherwise, im too focused on how uncomfortable I am, and I run the risk of starting a fight with Dh. haha. poor guy.

Lauren , DH , DD 02/2007 and expecting #2 (12/7/10)! We
#10 of 10 Old 07-04-2010, 08:39 PM

yes, totally. i forget how much i use my abs in everyday life, until using them starts hurting. it's the worst when getting up from laying down, and sneezing!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page