Mothering Forum banner

Dividing Time

436 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  cindyleed 
#1 ·
I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed just recently with all the stuff I need to do, things that need to be organized, and purchases that need to be made.

This is my second baby and I felt like I was pretty well prepared coming into this pregnancy. I mean I was TTC, so it's not as if I thought it was an inappropriate time for this. But none-the-less, I'm still feeling like there is so much to do. There is a good chance this may be my last baby as well, which is making me feel pressured to get as much out of this as I can.

I thought I did a decent amount of prepping with my first. I did do a decent amount of reading and I took childbirth prepping classes. This time I still am finding there are a lot of books that I should still read. I've just received my copy of "The Thinking Women's Guide to Childbirth" and I should be getting "Birthing From Within" in the mail shortly. Finding reading time is not easy with an amost 3 year old to contend with as well as keeping up with regular household chores and spending time with DH.

I'm also working hard to ensure I'm keeping up with my workouts. I was disapointed with my first that I only walked as my regular exercise and wanted to do something about that this time. I'm doing pretty good at getting in 3 or so workouts a week, which is good. But again squeezing this in along with all the other stuff, not to mention I work full time outside of the home, is not easy.

I thought at the beginning of this pregnancy that I was doing pretty well in the baby goods dept. I'm not finding out and I didn't with my first, so I do have plenty of g/n newborn clothes to dig out, my son is Potty trained and we do have a decent stash of dipes, although there are plenty more newborn things I'd like to pick up. DS is all set in his big boy room and sleeping happily in his bed. So the g/n nursery (not that we'll need it right away) is ready to go too.

But somehow, I just feel like there are so many things that I need to do and so many books I need to read and mental preperations that I need work on. Am I just blowing things outa proportion? I guess it could be a lot worse. I'm only 17 weeks. I have some time to go. But I just feel so disorganized. Is there any kind of chart or website out there that anyone can sugguest in helping me prioratize and get this stuff done? I know I can be the first or only pregnant mama to feel like this.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.