Could those 3 lines an US ever be a BOY?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 07-22-2010, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So....I didnt find out the sex with DD, but decided to do it this time, one to help DD feel closer or understand better what is growing inside me (SILLY, now that I think of it.... Just call DD big sister and say it is a baby), and two because so many good friends want to give me lots of baby things that I gave away and need and thought it would be easier to know the sex (Sure I'll take your girl clothes from the last 2 years or sure I'll have 3 years worth of boy clothes), and 3 to do it differently.....

After 20 week anatomy scan (crossing my fingers for good health)now I know my little one is a girl, but I don't believe them.

What's wrong with me??? I should be happy and believe them (BUT I DONT), guess I wanted a boy as it will be the last and wanted a chance to experience both sexes!!! Even tried for a boy, whatever that means, position and timing I guess.

Anyways, just waiting to hear how everything checked out, and wondering if there could be a penis in there??

I feel LAME about how I feel, and am lying to everyone as they say congrats another girl.....I smile and say I KNOW GREAT.

BTW, I had two ultrasounds, yesterday and today, as the baby would not let the tech take pictures of the heart....baby likes tummy time. I had to go back today.

OH, and was hoping for only one US.

I SHOULDN'T of FOUND OUT!!!!!!!!!

Loving Mom to DD (09/06) and dear friend to DH expecting numero dos en 12/14/2010 hoping for and lots of
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 07-22-2010, 10:34 PM

There are definitely instances where people were told they were having a girl and it turned out to be a boy. Don't know how often that happens though.

I can understand that disbelief a little. I was 100% convinced (and then disappointed) because I thought dd was a boy, and she wasn't.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#3 of 18 Old 07-22-2010, 11:15 PM

Dont feel bad!!! I was super disappointed when they said ours was a boy. My husband was almost offended at my clear lack of excitement. I was like, 'its nothing personal. i just dont like men that much. i find them infantile and irritating. i think they're overly needy. i love raising my daughter to be self sufficient and independent, not really sure what to do with a boy. how do you even raise a boy? I dont even know a single man I'd like him to be like when he grows up. plus, im not thrilled about wiping poop off testicles for the next three years." heh? it sounded funny to me, but i guess DH didnt think it was a funny. no body gets my humor!

so, yeah, you are so not alone in your disappointment. But I dont feel bad. Because I wanted a boy with my first and was disappointed to get a girl, until I got closer to delivery and everyone around me kept talking about how great girls are etc.

Im excited because DH is so excited, as is DD who was telling me it was a "brother" since the beginning. So, Im just living vicariously through those who are happy about it. haha. Although, I am feeling a bit better about the whole situation now than I was last Friday when we found out.

We'll be excited soon!

Lauren , DH , DD 02/2007 and expecting #2 (12/7/10)! We
#4 of 18 Old 07-23-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebegim View Post
plus, im not thrilled about wiping poop off testicles for the next three years." heh? it sounded funny to me, but i guess DH didnt think it was a funny. no body gets my humor!
This is so funny b/c I'm actually worried about cleaning girl parts I've had it so easy for 2+ years now, just wiping the outside like an 11th finger or something and I'm thinking "gosh, with a girl there are so many folds and crevices to make sure all the poop gets out of!" It is daunting for me to think of

#5 of 18 Old 07-23-2010, 01:13 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'd rather diaper a boy too, lol. I have 'maybe' 4 or 5 female diaper changes 'under my belt' but have been changing little boys for an eternity... I just know boys, I think I'd be terrified to wipe in the "wrong" direction or something on a girl.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#6 of 18 Old 07-23-2010, 01:43 AM

i am right there with you!!
we have a beautiful 2 year old daughter, and this pregnancy is definitely our last. there are 4 grand-daughters in our family (including our dd), and EVERYONE is dying for a boy. my husband really wants a son, and i can understand that. we found out last week at our ultrasound that our baby is a girl (the 3 lines!!). while i am most happy that she looks completely healthy, normal and growing well, i was sad and upset after hearing the news. i cried a little in the car on the way home. what really bothered me was feeling/thinking that my husband was disappointed. he says its fine, but i know what he wanted.

now that some time has passed, i have had time to digest the news and get excited for our little gal. i'm happy the girls will be able to share a room and have the sister experience (like i did). and i know from experience that once that little babe comes out you fall in love and it doesn't matter.
i am reminding myself to trust the universe and let it be.

Mama to two girls, born 5/08 and 11/10.

#7 of 18 Old 07-23-2010, 03:05 AM

One of the reasons I want to find out is that I know I will be dissappointed if it is a girl. And I'ld like time to get over my dissappointment. This is our first and I want 3. I would like 2 boys and a girl. And if I start out with a girl then the likellyhood of the next 2 being boys is highly unlikelly. I know they say men produce more X sperm as they get older and hubby is 36. I don't get along with many females, including animals. I always surround myself with males. I find out on Aug 4.
#8 of 18 Old 07-23-2010, 04:51 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for the words and funny wiping thoughts

summersmom...I feel like you did, and thanks for sharing. I know time will help. The funny thing is I sit here tonight thinking about it and I still dont believe the 2 ultrasounds. My husband thinks I shouldnt dwell. There is a lot to celebrate and he is right. I just process differently.

I feel like I may need to morn the loss of experience. I know he is disappointed too, just shows it differently. I keep thinking how comical it would be if we had a boy at the end.Here I will be all prepared for a girl and out pops a boy. Wishful thinking that may soon dissipate.

I want to just be happy as I should. Sex didnt matter with the first. Lame that it matters now!

Sisterhood is a beautiful gift. My DD called it from the get go.....but she also said it was twins.

Loving Mom to DD (09/06) and dear friend to DH expecting numero dos en 12/14/2010 hoping for and lots of
#9 of 18 Old 07-23-2010, 05:40 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I guess this is kind of why I'm not finding out. We're only having two, and if I found out it was another boy, I might spend some time feeling disappointed that I'll never have a girl. I'm not even sure that I'd rather have a girl, really. But I would think about what I might be missing anyway.

Since I'm not finding out, I just get to have an exciting surprise, and I'm sure I won't care in the least once the baby is born.

I'm sure none of us will care at all once they're born. After all, this one is a whole different person than any of our previous children, and gender is only one tiny aspect of what will make up that wonderful and unique person.
#10 of 18 Old 07-23-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckittre View Post
I guess this is kind of why I'm not finding out. We're only having two, and if I found out it was another boy, I might spend some time feeling disappointed that I'll never have a girl. I'm not even sure that I'd rather have a girl, really. But I would think about what I might be missing anyway.

Since I'm not finding out, I just get to have an exciting surprise, and I'm sure I won't care in the least once the baby is born.

I'm sure none of us will care at all once they're born. After all, this one is a whole different person than any of our previous children, and gender is only one tiny aspect of what will make up that wonderful and unique person.
Totally agree. Exactly why I don't find out. If you have a definite preference one way or the other, finding out early does give you to time to "process" it, but it also gives you time to "brood" too.

After my first labor, you could've handed me a baby monkey and I probably wouldn't have cared. I didn't even remember to ask the sex- DH had to say, don't you want to know????

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
#11 of 18 Old 07-23-2010, 03:43 PM

DDCC

I have a friend who was told with multiple U/S's that she was having a girl. They got all girl stuff and everything. Out popped a little boy! It DOES happen
#12 of 18 Old 07-23-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmama1984 View Post
This is so funny b/c I'm actually worried about cleaning girl parts I've had it so easy for 2+ years now, just wiping the outside like an 11th finger or something and I'm thinking "gosh, with a girl there are so many folds and crevices to make sure all the poop gets out of!" It is daunting for me to think of
Oh, I'd take crevices over WRINKLES any day!

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)

#13 of 18 Old 07-23-2010, 04:04 PM

This will be our last baby, and I am so ready for our u/s next week! I am hoping for a second girl because I would really like dd to have a sister, plus I am so used to little girls! So I am anxious to see how I will feel if we learn that we have a boy in there...I think I might get excited about the "challenge"

I had lots of dreams about the baby being a girl during my first pregnancy, but haven't had any baby-related dreams this time.

Mama to Ellie (11/11/05) and Owen, born 12/12/10 - a successful VBAC!
#14 of 18 Old 07-23-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmama1984 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post
I'd rather diaper a boy too, lol. I have 'maybe' 4 or 5 female diaper changes 'under my belt' but have been changing little boys for an eternity... I just know boys, I think I'd be terrified to wipe in the "wrong" direction or something on a girl.
You know, the girl parts ARE way harder to clean! haha. I dont know what Im worried about!

My real issue is probably how to co-parent with my husband with a boy.

DH thinks boys need really long leashes and girls should wear chastity belts (thank you bizarre conservative upbringing).

Street fights, throwing rocks, shooting guns unsupervised, these were how DH grew up... he had a gun pulled on him more than once... i just dont want that fight or flight lifestyle to seep into my little boy. That 'if someone says something about your mother, punch them in the face' mentality. Its so not normal here, where the "your mom" jokes rule supreme in elementary school.

i guess i didnt want a boy so that i wouldnt have to constantly protect him from DH's cultural ideals on male development. So, that was probably why I was so disappointed. A girl would fit in perfect and I would be in charge of all parenting, but a boy... i know hes going to try to take over...

#15 of 18 Old 07-23-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFullHouse View Post
This is too funny! We should start a new thread with a poll: crevices or wrinkles? Lol Then we could all share tips for cleaning either!!

#16 of 18 Old 07-23-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFullHouse View Post
hahahahaha!!!!

#17 of 18 Old 07-23-2010, 05:14 PM

I sort of know how you feel. I was disappointed to find I'm not expecting twins. For whatever reason I had really convinced myself it was two. I am still dreaming of twins at night and waking up feeling sad. I fell in love with these two babies in my head, yanno? Just as you surely fell in love with this little boy and then found out he is someone else. A little girl. It will take some adjusting.

As far as your question of could they be wrong...well, it *is* possible. But unlikely. There are always rare stories of being told it was one gender and then at birth, oops, we got the other gender. But it's very rare these days. I also keep torturing myself with, "could they have missed twins?" I've googled it and heard the rare stories of missed twins at 20 week u/s. But again, it's very rare, they have great technology these days and can tell pretty well. We'd be doing ourselves a favor to accept the truth and try to move on. But sometimes it takes time.

As far as changing boys vs changing girls, I MUCH prefer to change a girl! I hate wiping poop off of testicles. DH completely disagrees. He loves that with a boy you can do the "forbidden maneuver" i.e wiping back to front. hehe. He's easily amused I guess.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#18 of 18 Old 07-23-2010, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
[QUOTE=Fat Scottish Gal;15657090] I sort of know how you feel. I was disappointed to find I'm not expecting twins. [QUOTE]

FSG, I know how you feel, I was kind of hoping for twins as well. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to be having one of any kind, but at the beginning I was hoping for a two-for-one deal. It took awhile for me to get preg and I mc the first. My hcg was doubling very quickly at my first two blood draws (38 at 11 DPO and 445 at 16 DPO), so I got really excited, but found out at 6 weeks or so that it was just one. Now I'm kind of glad it's just one and I'm happy to be having a boy so no bad feelings now.

Lori ~ wife to DH 5 yrs ~ DS born naturally 11.20.10!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page