Contractions? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-23-2010, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone else having practice contractions already? Mine are not painful, but I have really been noticing them the last few days.

Do you feel them earlier in second pregnancies? I don't remember this at all with my first one until well into the third trimester and I'm at 22 weeks right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2010, 07:44 PM

Yep, I've had a few off an on the past week or so. I don't remember them this early with my first pregnancy either.

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

Old 08-23-2010, 08:08 PM

just had my first one last night...felt kinda strange since I didn't have any until close to the end last time...but I'm doing hypnobirthing and they are considered to be practice surges so I feel like I will have lots of time for practice if they are starting already!

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

Old 08-23-2010, 08:28 PM

I've been having them for weeks already, and some have been super strong. I didn't have any in my first pregnancy. 2nd pregnancy it was near the end. They've gotten progressively earlier with each pregnancy.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
Old 08-23-2010, 08:39 PM

I've been having them as well. I had a lot on a day that was super hot and I was working outside and stressed. When I'm cool and feeling good I'm still feeling several a day now at 23 weeks. I get one every time I bend forward at the waist for some reason! Mine are painless tightening that I just sort of make note of. Every once in a while one will be strong and I'll have to take a deep breath, but they don't hurt.

They started at about 25-30 weeks with my first, 16ish weeks with my second and at about 20 weeks this time.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:31 PM

I'm at 23+3 and I have been noticing them for awhile now (maybe 3 weeks?). They started after a super stressful situation at home (DH accidentally locked DS in the house and our neighbor had to break in our front door...Aydin was soooo frustrated trying to figure out why he could see us through the sliding glass door but not get to us. It was one of the worst days of my life ). So, that night, I had a TON. I had to lay down and just drink water the rest of the night. Since then, I have been noticing them fairly often. I don't remember having them at all during my pregnancy with DS, but I was much less active and wasn't as in tune with my body either.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I ended up in L&D with mine last week. Luckily, everything is fine.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 08-24-2010, 12:33 PM

I've had a few, maybe once or twice a week for the last few weeks (I'm 23 wks now). But they ARE painful!! Kind of like very sharp menstrual cramps from the back to the front? I don't feel any hardening of my belly, either.

I've actually had to lean over the counter and breathe through a couple of them. Maybe I'm just a wimp. My doula didn't seem terribly worried, just said to drink more water, but I thought they weren't really supposed to be painful (yet)?

mama to jasper (12-17-10) and theodora (11-13-12)

Old 08-24-2010, 10:39 PM

Yep, and some of mine are painful. I feel a bit like I can't breath well, and then have tension wrapping all the way around, front to back. Like another poster mentioned, I don't feel a huge difference in the hardness of my uterus. Not like when I was full term with my last few babies, anyway!

Laura, mama to J (15), N (12), E (9) , M (6), and our little caboose, R (3).
Old 08-25-2010, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
I ended up in L&D with mine last week. Luckily, everything is fine.
Oh no!! I know how that is. I am so glad everything is fine

mama to Alex 20 Briana 16 Cory 10 and Jade 3Tubes tied and regret it
Old 08-25-2010, 07:13 PM

I have been having them since 17 weeks. Everything is fine now at 25 weeks, no worries, just a lot of practice contractions.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:40 PM

yup
funny is at Hostlibie with my firend when she was fauls labour agian
it was funny feeling

loving wife of 10 years, stay at home mom to
Sam 05 Isaac 06 Melody 08Baby #4 2010
Old 08-25-2010, 11:30 PM

I have had them for the past few weeks....several a day, in fact. DTD, peeing (for some reason my bladder has something to do with it), bending the wrong way...all several examples of things that set them off!

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 

User Tag List