Anyone else already have the name picked out??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-24-2010, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH and I decided on a definite name about 6 weeks ago and have been calling him by that name ever since

I was just wondering if anyone else 100% decided on a name? You don't have to share what it is but I was just seeing if I am the only one because I have not seen too much name discussion on our DDC.

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2010, 06:40 PM

We have! Lillian Isabelle

Baby Lillian Isabelle, due early December
Old 08-24-2010, 07:32 PM

We have a girl name pretty set. Our boy first name is set and there are two or three contenders for the middle name.

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
Old 08-24-2010, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoSweetie View Post
We have! Lillian Isabelle
Pretty

Old 08-24-2010, 07:51 PM

Molly Katherine (altho spelling has not been settled yet)
Old 08-24-2010, 07:52 PM

Our little girl has been "Fiona Rose" in our minds for quite a while now, even before we knew for sure she was a girl! Its just started becoming part of normal conversation for DP and I to refer to her by name. Though, we still primarily refer to her as "the baby" with others.

I think part of me is worried that we'll have a last minute change of heart, or that she wont seem to fit Fiona once shes born! So we dont really use it much with others.

Fiona Rose  stillheart.gif12.25.10stillheart.gif

Old 08-24-2010, 07:57 PM

Thank you! I am going a little overboard with the pretty, girly, frillyness! Pretty name, pink room, pink clothes... Its a little scary, but I might as well do it now before she tells me she hates dresses

Old 08-24-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dichotomy View Post
Our little girl has been "Fiona Rose" in our minds for quite a while now, even before we knew for sure she was a girl!
I LOVE her name!! Beautiful

Old 08-24-2010, 08:18 PM

WE've settled on a first name, Parker. But still not sure on the middle name.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

Since you are all sharing then so will I......

Our little boy will be Alexander Elias "Xander" for short

Old 08-24-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildecat View Post
Since you are all sharing then so will I......

Our little boy will be Alexander Elias "Xander" for short
LOVE Elias!!! That was my #1 for a boy, but DP decided after a while he didnt really like it. lol.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:38 PM

Ooh, I can't resist sharing because we're keeping it a big secret in the IRL world so I have no one to talk to about it!

For a boy, we've been set for a while. Jasper ("Jaz") Cyril.

For a girl, we are still tossing around a few options, and probably wouldn't decide for sure until after the birth.

The number one choice (which SO actually uses in reference to the baby) is Sadie Josephine ("Sadie Jo"). The other two possibilities are Theo [Middlename] and Fiona Charlotte.

mama to jasper (12-17-10) and theodora (11-13-12)

Old 08-24-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesoup View Post
Ooh, I can't resist sharing because we're keeping it a big secret in the IRL world so I have no one to talk to about it!

For a boy, we've been set for a while. Jasper ("Jaz") Cyril.

For a girl, we are still tossing around a few options, and probably wouldn't decide for sure until after the birth.

The number one choice (which SO actually uses in reference to the baby) is Sadie Josephine ("Sadie Jo"). The other two possibilities are Theo [Middlename] and Fiona Charlotte.
We must have very similar naming styles! My last dog's name was Jasper. And Josephine and Charlotte were both on my short name list for girls!

Old 08-24-2010, 10:12 PM

Oh, I just love all these names! Such pretty girls names and totally cute boy names Each name is so beautiful and represents a new little life!!

Its also fun to have an outlet to share names without worrying about getting the dreaded "really?" response from those near and dear to you!

I didn't want to deal with that (as we had already gotten some unwanted feedback) so I had my DH design an announcement that I could send out with her name on it. It worked out so well... we didn't avoid all the comments, but I didn't have to deal with everyone's first reaction. I just get to be happy taking care of my little one

I don't know if its ok to post a picture of it, but here's a link to it on our family website: http://theklossfamily.com/family-new...-announcement/

Old 08-24-2010, 10:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We've had our boy name - Haven Scott - picked out for years...SO excited to be using it! It's

Lori ~ wife to DH 5 yrs ~ DS born naturally 11.20.10!
Old 08-24-2010, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
As long as Baby B is really a girl *crosses fingers* we have
Matthew Gideon
and
Mary Beatrice (Molly)

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 08-24-2010, 10:52 PM

We think we have a name picked out for if babe is a girl Emerald or "Eme" for short, DH wants her middle name to be Star so "Emerald Star"
BUT we are true believers in waiting to see if baby suits the name. Our son we had a name picked out before he was born and it did not work for him at all Same with 2 of our 3 daughters one we had a name picked out before and it suited her perfect! Others we tried a few out before we were set on a forever name

Mama to SDD (12), DD (8), DD (6), DD, (4), DS (3) and new little babe arriving Dec. We are in the process of building our cob home and homestead
Old 08-24-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dichotomy View Post
We must have very similar naming styles! My last dog's name was Jasper. And Josephine and Charlotte were both on my short name list for girls!
I don't know where I first heard Jasper, and SO really didn't like it at first, but it has stuck with me for quite some time and I just love it. Cyril is SO's grandfather's name. I like it, and it also mollified him into learning to like Jasper.

I think Josephine is totally underrated, but that's fine with me! Charlotte is actually *my* name and I'm not typically a big fan of naming your kid after yourself. But I do really like my name, and SO suggested it as a middle name, and it does go rather well with Fiona. It's funny, when I was named (early-mid 80s) Charlotte was at the lowest point of its popularity. My Mom named me for both my grandmas and I've never in my life met another girl/woman my own age named Charlotte. But these days I meet little girls named Charlotte ALL the time, it seems! It's gotten really popular!

mama to jasper (12-17-10) and theodora (11-13-12)

Old 08-24-2010, 11:39 PM

Oh, I wish we had a name! I have a few picked out, DH hates them. Argh. I liked:

Leilani Ocean (if it was a girl, which apparently it isn't!)
Kaolin Moss
Terran Kai

I did see him sneaking a peek in the baby names book, so hopefully he will come up with something to help me out with what he likes.

winner.jpg, cloth diapering, babywearing, AP mama to Aiden (10/04/07) and Rylan (12/20/10)  hbac.gif
Old 08-25-2010, 12:09 AM

if LO is a boy, Ethan Grant is pretty much set
If LO is a girl, Kailani or Joelle... Don't have a middle name yet.

Grace, happily married DH. Nathan h20homebirth.gif12.22.10 familybed1.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
Old 08-25-2010, 12:57 AM

We are having a Boy!
And we have the name (Trevor Bear!) We love it! So I am guessing that I will behaving lots of Bear gifts...

Daughter (7.5) Son(5) and Husband of 9 Years!!  saynovax.gifhomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgh20homebirth.gif
***5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40*stork-boy.gif
Old 08-25-2010, 03:01 AM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm envious of those with names already. It's going to take us awhile to figure one we both like out. We've gone through most of our boy favorites. So far it's looking like Quinlin or Riordan are on the like list for us both. Then we'll have to figure out middle names.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

Old 08-25-2010, 03:39 AM

We had a heck of a time with DS. It took months and months before we settled on a name. Here's what we finally did... we had a baby name book that had a list of the top 100 names (we wanted something fairly recognizable). Together, we wrote down the names we could stand from that list. We each rated those names (about 20) separately. Each of us got to add our top names to the short list along with ones we both rated highly. This left us with six so we added the middle names (we had three possible choices) to see how the names sounded as a whole. Then, we chose from the list of six. It was totally complicated and ridiculously tedious, but it worked! We ended up with Ethan William

With this baby, I already had the name picked out, but I waffled a little on the middle name (I think because I was afraid to buckle down and finalize it). I had no help from DH because he didn't know what to do with a girl

Old 08-25-2010, 04:28 AM

Since it took over a year of TTC we had a boy and girl first name picked out. Still trying to figure out a middle name. Since the baby is a girl she will be Rhiannon. If she had been a boy she would have been Declan.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:38 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
we decided on Jade Lynn.
It is still growing on me.
my other 3 are ABC and i wanted this one to be a D, name but we could only agree on a D name for a boy.
spelling to be decided

mama to Alex 20 Briana 16 Cory 10 and Jade 3Tubes tied and regret it
Old 08-25-2010, 05:45 AM

We had 3 names picked out when we got married so we knew the name of our first 3babies (and told everyone), but this is baby #4 and it has been so difficult finding a name. My husband is Hungarian so we have a hard time finding names that can be pronounced by everyone (his family and mine), something that we both like and something that sort of matches the other names.

This time we are not saying anything because we are afraid of negative comments, but, instead of negative comments, now we get all sorts of advice... "don't ever name your daughter Nicole" or "don't steal the name Jennifer, that's our future baby's name" or "don't you just love the name Gloria?" I'm actually getting a good laugh because we can't win either way.

With that said, our daughter's name will be Darla

Wife to Krisztian and Mother to three little ones Rose (2006) Alina (2007) and Ben (2009). Expecting another miracle Dec 2010
Old 08-25-2010, 11:23 AM

Girl: Willow... no middle name yet.
Boy: ?????

I have very specific "rules" for my kids' names, that are driving me crazy. I don't want any letters/sounds that are the same as names we already have (beginning or ending letters/sounds) so finding a name has been TOUGH. No S, T, A, R, names; no names that end in -R, -y (or the long E sound), or A.

Beyond that, we have a hard time agreeing on names

So, I'm just happy we have Willow!

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
Old 08-25-2010, 11:48 AM

Loving everyone's names!

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

Old 08-25-2010, 11:54 AM

we have a boys name...figured it out within the first 3 months...Cedar

girls names we are so lost on...
Molly/Mollie
Hazel
Ayla
Bronwen
Rowen

are thus far the only names we've even come close to agreeing upon...and we're not in total agreement.

beautiful names everyone...
DY - I love Willow...I'd even use it for a boy

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

Old 08-25-2010, 12:24 PM

Thanks! I'd suggested it a bunch of times and finally dh said, "oooh I like it!" and I thought, ! I know I'd said it before.

Dh likes Logan for a boy but it's sooooooooooooooo popular. None of our other names are popular, so I'd like to stick with that theme...

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 

User Tag List