You Know You're Pregnant When... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 09-01-2010, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The February Due Date Club originally posted this thread and I couldn't resist.

You Know You're Pregnant When...

"You take a minute to decide if picking up whatever you have dropped is actually worth it (which on a bad day includes things like a cell phone or money )".

FILL IN THE BLANK...

Mama~Blogger~Artist~Homemaker. Family = DH (married 6 years), baby Elinor, and our puppy Frances.
novaxnocirc.gif    dog2.gif  homebirth.jpg    mdcblog5.gif

#2 of 17 Old 09-01-2010, 08:49 PM

your children find it acceptable to pull your shirt up any time, any where, in front of anyone.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#3 of 17 Old 09-01-2010, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Its not your fault when you have gas... or are craving cookies (macaroni and cheese, taco salad, grilled cheese, you get it).

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#4 of 17 Old 09-01-2010, 11:45 PM

The last thing you do before going to bed is make sure there's a clear path to the bathroom so you can find your way there in the dark (3 or 4 times) without tripping.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#5 of 17 Old 09-02-2010, 01:55 AM

You have to sit down to put pants on (I have started to loose my balance standing on one leg)

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#6 of 17 Old 09-02-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Scottish Gal View Post
The last thing you do before going to bed is make sure there's a clear path to the bathroom so you can find your way there in the dark (3 or 4 times) without tripping.
You have / have nearly fallen in the toilet numerous times while using the bathroom at night because you're too tired to notice your DH left the seat up AGAIN.

And you then blame your hormones when you yell at him about it.

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
#7 of 17 Old 09-02-2010, 10:20 AM

You jump and yelp "ouch" for what everyone else thinks is not good reason but you are getting pummeled from the inside!

ein328 - you made me laugh with yours but also feel very thankful. My dh NEVER forgets to put the seat down and my 2 boys rarely forget anymore either. I know I am a lucky woman! (and some day their future wives will thank me!)

Peace and health, Jenny - Mama to my love 12/01, my lovely 7/04, and my beloved 10/06, and one angel. ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35***bellycast.gif40**
#8 of 17 Old 09-02-2010, 10:55 AM

you cry for no reason and when DH giggles your cry harder and sound like your youngest child saying "DON'T LAUGH AT ME!!!"

(already happened 3 times this week to me lol)

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#9 of 17 Old 09-02-2010, 11:23 AM

You can't just slide in-between cars in a crowded parking lot. Instead, you have to angle yourself about 45 degrees.
#10 of 17 Old 09-04-2010, 12:59 PM

-Peeing in a cup at the doctor's office is now an Olympic event.

-You won't travel without snacks, water, and knowing the location of the nearest bathroom.

Scottish Gal, I had to chuckle when I saw your entry... I do that every night!

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

#11 of 17 Old 09-04-2010, 04:53 PM

The security guard at the hospital where you work sees you waddling in at 5:45am wearing a T-shirt (because your scrub tops don't fit anymore) with your scrub pants and a bag with stuff in it (my lunch, water bottle, wallet, etc.), assumes it's pj's and an overnight bag, and asks if you need assistance to Labor and Delivery.

Yeah. This really happened to me yesterday morning. And yeah, that's how big my belly already is.

Jess ~ RN & student CNM, Blogger (see profile), wifey to T-Rav & momma to sons Buggy ~7/04 & Newt ~1/08 & Tad 6/19/09 & Con-man 1/11!  <3
#12 of 17 Old 09-08-2010, 10:59 PM

you know you're pregnant when you ribs feel like they are being ripped apart by an alien being. I'm afraid the little guy is going to start kicking me in the chin.

I'm only 25 weeks and I already cannot pick a side to sleep on and it goes on all night, both sides are miserable.

I rarely buy anything new, especially online, but I'm considering buying slip-on maryjanes and paying for rush delivery so I don't have to bend over to tie my shoes. I'm hunting down elastic tonight for all DD's shoes so she can slip them on and off herself.

Told DD today that she couldn't sit on my lap at the dinner table anymore because the chairs cannot accommodate 3 people.

Usually have a pretty tidy pubic area (sorry tmi) but have absolutely no idea what's happening in that region anymore.
#13 of 17 Old 09-09-2010, 03:24 AM

...when your SO practically forces you out of the house to go get some cheese fries with his last remaining $5 bill until pay day because he knows you'll do nothing but talk about cheese fries until you finally get to eat some.

...or is that just me??

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#14 of 17 Old 09-09-2010, 10:25 AM

...the lady at the gas station finds out when you are due and assures you there must be 3 babies in there.

...you go from not having to pee to trying your best not to pee in your pants because the baby moved.

...people in public randomly smile at you and your belly and you start getting treated more courteously than normal.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#15 of 17 Old 09-09-2010, 11:06 AM

...find it to be no problem at all to lay on the ground in your office at work during the day to "stretch".

...come home and immediately go to the couch to rest while dp cooks dinner (very atypical in our house)

...turn on the faucet for a bath, get in and cozy and have to call dd or dp to come and turn the water off because you have been trying to get up to turn it off and cannot manage and worry that it will overflow. Subsequently also need dp to help you to get out of the tub shortly thereafter!

...trip on the dog 3 times a night on route to the bathroom

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#16 of 17 Old 09-09-2010, 12:15 PM

...cashiers and bank tellers begin to give you wary looks as if they think you will spontaneously burst into labor while they're waiting on you.

...when it's time to get out of bed, you don't just get up - you have to come up with a five-step plan involving rolling over, adjusting your legs, rolling again, adjusting your arms, and pushing yourself up.

...you can't move without grunting.

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#17 of 17 Old 09-09-2010, 10:35 PM

Your toddler's newest game is to lie down all over the place and say "I'm just going to lie down for a minute..."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page