Spotlight on ~summersmama~! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-15-2010, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The basics....
give us your name, where you live, your age, how many kids you already have, when you're due (whatever you’re comfortable with!)

What is your favorite food?

Do you own any pets? What are they and what are their names?

What's your favorite baby thing so far (that you've purchased or had given to you)?

Do you like to read? What kinds of books?

What's your favorite thing about being pregnant?

Least favorite?

And now, everyone feel free to jump in with your own questions!

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2010, 01:31 PM

What do you see when you picture this baby? A particular hair color? Large or small? More like Mom or Dad?

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)

Old 09-15-2010, 06:18 PM

hi! my name is jamie and i live in rural wisconsin. very rural! we live on my husband's family farm, where we grow cranberries and hops. i am 34, soon to be 35 in november. i have one daughter, summer, born in may of '08. she is the light of my life! i am due (depending on who you ask, measurements) between the 7th-10th of december, with our 2nd daughter.
i have a bachelor's degree in psychology and secondary education, and a minor in religious studies. i was lucky enough to work for a short time in an alternative, progressive school that really gave me a new perspective on education. as such i am not a proponent of public school. we will probably homeschool our kids since there are no acceptable private alternatives in our area.

i love all kinds of food! my favorites are nepali, indian, thai, mexican. i do most cooking at home because my daughter and i are vegan and i can make things according to our diet, and because we live out in the middle of nowhere and there is nowhere to go out to eat anyway. i love to bake and have a real sweet tooth. one of my favorite things to bake is vegan cheesecake and you would never know there was no dairy in it!

we have one 10 month old female black lab/german shepherd mix pup named sadie who we picked up from a shelter last winter-we had just lost our 14 year old shih tzu to cancer complications and that has been one of the saddest things i have ever had to deal with. i miss him terribly. our new dog is big and goofy and makes us laugh though, and she has a great life as free roaming farm dog. we also have cats that live in our barn.

favorite baby thing so far...hmmm. well a boppy pillow is great for feeding an infant, and the co-sleeper is also nice. we have a chariot stroller that we paid an arm and a leg for with our 1st babe and it is awesome! wish i could afford a double one, now! i also love our video monitor. now that our daughter is older and sleeps in her own room (which is clear across the house) it is nice to just peek in on her during the night rather than getting up if its not really necessary.

i love to read! my favorite author is ralph waldo emerson. i also like eckhart tolle and jane roberts. i mostly read non-fiction on subjects i am interested in at the moment. home schooling, philosophy, cooking and baking, fitness, sewing. i could go on and on...i am an amazon junkie!
i love to sew, learned from my grandma when i was little. currently obsessed with anna maria horner and her awesome line of fabrics, patterns and books. (she has a book on making stuff for pregnant mammas, families, babies.) also love amy butler and heather ross.

favorite thing about being pregnant-probably feeling the baby move, and then getting that sweet little baby and taking her home.

least favorite-well, that would be a lot. i don't really like being pregnant. i wish i did. really, i wish i did love it. i was sick both pregnancies until 20 weeks, including having this metallic taste in my mouth that was so horrendous. it was torture! i am also a big fitness fanatic and i just can't manage to work out while pregnant-too sick, too tired, feet hurt, etc. so its hard for me to be less active and watch myself put on the weight. logically i know its fine, but emotionally its hard to handle. this time around its even harder too, being tired and sick and having a 2 year old to cater to. my needs come second most of the time, so that can be hard.

not sure what to expect with this baby. with my first, i imagined what she would look like but then the reality was so different than my fantasy. i guess i just leave it to up to the universe to give me the surprise gift!

in my non-pregnant life i am part of an aerial dance group, something i truly love and am currently missing very much. i could describe it as modern dance that leaves the floor, using low trapezes, aerial fabrics, lyra, etc. its pretty athletic and right up my alley-i did gymnastics for many years growing up. i love artistic expression through movement and i hope to share this love with my girls.

Mama to two girls, born 5/08 and 11/10.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:36 PM

Jamie - it sounds like you're living my dream

what are your birth plans?

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:25 PM

thanks, carolina. its good for me to hear-especially when i am feeling lonely or isolated out here. overall we do have it pretty good.

i see a midwife in the nearest town, about a 40 minute drive away. she works thru a small clinic, and has 'privileges' at the local hospital. so i will give birth at the hospital and she is my care provider. i am looking forward to the birthing pools they have there, something that was not an option with my first birth. i am hoping to labor in the pool as much as possible, and hoping to birth in there too. i really do not want to tear! the water is supposed to really help with that, as well as cut down on the laboring time. last time i had a minute tear, and the midwife had to give me just a few stitches, but i ended up developing scar tissue that hurt me so badly. i had to have 'episiotomy repair' surgery when my daughter was 9 months old, where (tmi, sorry) the scar tissue was cut out/removed. the healing from that was so much worse than the original tear at birth. needless to say, i just am really sensitive about the whole thing and never want to feel that again. SO, here's hoping the wonders of warm water and a gentle midwife and visualization help me through this relatively unscathed.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:42 PM

Aerial dance! That sounds awesome!

How did you meet your husband?

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
Old 09-17-2010, 12:46 PM

aerial dance IS awesome! it is really catching on around the country and i highly recommend a class if you're curious. there are also yoga classes under the names: aerial yoga, anti-gravity yoga, etc. which utilize the aerial fabric. it is awesome! after baby is born and is old enough, i would like to travel to nyc to get certified to teach aerial yoga.

i met my husband in high school when i was 18. we have pretty much been together ever since. we had a couple rough patches and broke up once for a few months, but gosh, its been 16 years together, married for 6. he is a gifted musician, creative and kind of rugged (he is a farmer/carpenter), but has a special streak of sensitivity. a great daddy, too!

User Tag List