"Hello Baby" - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 09-19-2010, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to share with everyone that this is an amazing, beautiful childrens book especially for anyone planning a homebirth. I just ordered and received it and dd thought it was amazing. We read it at my parents house with the whole family sitting around (which is fairly typical), no one said a word other than me and they were all in tears by the end of it except dd who was just enamored!

Just thought I would share...we ordered from Amazon as we couldn't get it anywhere else.

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#2 of 11 Old 09-19-2010, 10:11 AM

We also bought this one for DD and I agree that is is a beautiful book and the best one out there to help your child to understand a natural homebirth
I could not find it on Amazon so I bought it on Ebay and had it shipped from England (The total was still under $8.00)

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

#3 of 11 Old 09-19-2010, 12:43 PM

I have been thinking about getting a book for DS (2 1/2). Do you have a link for the book itself, or the author? There seem to be a couple of options on amazon.

Thanks

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#4 of 11 Old 09-19-2010, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

http://www.amazon.ca/Hello-Baby-Jenn...4913038&sr=8-2

it's the one by Jenni Overend

It was out of stock on Amazon.ca when I bought it too, but they shipped it within 3 weeks.

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#5 of 11 Old 09-19-2010, 03:36 PM

Thanks - found it on abe books, for $4, new of course shipping is $10, but, that is OK by me. Not a bad price overall. The one book I have is about elephants, and the mother goes into the maternity corner in the jungle to give birth... DS loves it, but it is not really what I had in mind.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#6 of 11 Old 09-19-2010, 04:11 PM

A friend of mine had gotten "Welcome With Love" which is also by Jenni Overend, and about home birth.

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.  ~Albert Einstein
#7 of 11 Old 09-19-2010, 08:42 PM

I bought that book for DS when I was pregnant with DD. I think it is titled something else though, I bought a non-US edition off Amazon.com.

I have been reading it to the little kids lately to prepare them.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#8 of 11 Old 09-19-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Wonder View Post
A friend of mine had gotten "Welcome With Love" which is also by Jenni Overend, and about home birth.
Yep, that is the title. "Welcome with Love" and "Hello Baby" are the same book.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#9 of 11 Old 09-19-2010, 10:03 PM
rad

We've got the "welcome with Love" version of it and the kids like it. They loved one called "Runa's Birth" about homebirth but I'm sad that it seems impossible to find this book now.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#10 of 11 Old 09-20-2010, 12:29 AM

I'm on hold for it at the library.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#11 of 11 Old 09-23-2010, 03:45 PM

I got a birth book for DS and it's also called "Hello Baby" but it's not the same as the home birth one. It's by Lizzy Rockwell. It's also a really great book. They get very descriptive about pregnancy and the Womb, umbilical cord and show what the baby looks like in each stage of pregnancy. They also discuss how the baby will get the perfect food from mommy's breasts. My son loves this book. I got it for him a few months ago and he just turned 3 last month. He's just about at the perfect age for this book. It also talks about care of the baby after they're born and how sometimes the baby cries for no apparent reason and how he'll be able to play with his sister more as he gets older, etc. I think it's great.

They do talk about going to the doctor and the hospital and the only line I dislike in the book is when they say that the 'doctor will deliver the baby' or something along those lines. I usually adapt it to say something like, " mommy will deliver the baby and the midwife will help her."

I'm having a hosptial birth though with a midwife.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page