Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I miss

my patience with DS and DH
my work
Gin and tonic
walking without pain
easily shaving my legs (good thing the end is in the fall/winter)

Massage therapist and artist, wife to English DH since 2002, Mummy to Oliver Finn 10/20/07 and Eamon Anthony 12/2/2010
#32 of 41 Old 09-21-2010, 08:19 AM

Funny, thanks for reminding me wholebreath!!

I miss my wonderful level of tolerance for those less intelligent than me (not being arrogant here!!). I work with the general public (labor, delivery, postpartum, lactation) and whoooo I don't know, must be my hormones and pregnancy but people are driving me crazy!! I've considered seriously switching careers. I've been joking that the local trailer park went into labor if you get my drift!

Not being so irritable!!!

Owlgirl w/ life partner of 7 years & Nadia Avani 12/18/10.
#33 of 41 Old 09-21-2010, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I miss my DH right now... he's 'out in the field' (training on base but not allowed to come home at night) for the whole week and I'm so lonely after just one day. I seriously don't know how I'm going to survive being alone for a month while he's training in California!! At least I have my parents to go back to when he deploys.

Oh and to top it all off he'll still be in training when I reach the big 38 and 39 weeks! Sure I'll probably end up going into labor after 40 weeks anyway but I'm going to need one of those old people necklaces in case I get in the tub/bed/couch and can't get back out. At least I have my doula.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#34 of 41 Old 09-21-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post

OK, but here's what I don't understand-- my husband can't manage to get two socks from a pair down the laundry chute, but he hits two eggs in one shot? I'm afraid to ever have sex again!
You are cracking me up

I have been avoiding this thread because I've been so cranky and was afraid I'd go on a tirade of things I hate about being pregnant. Usually I enjoy it. For the most part.
  1. Being able to roll over in bed without having to take a break halfway through to catch my breath
  2. Being able to pick up something that I've dropped without having to get down on my hands and knees...I used to be able to *bend over*
  3. Having a glass of wine or a mixed drink with DH every once in a while
  4. Being able to go out for a late movie without feeling like I'm going to fall asleep halfway through it
  5. Eating anything remotely sugary without feeling woozy

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#35 of 41 Old 09-21-2010, 08:34 PM

• sex: I don't miss it only b/c it's pretty uncomfortable (bordering on painful) now. All I can assume is that the weight/size of my uterus is altering the shape/size of my vagina. (Un?)fortunately, my husband's not turned off by DTD with a preggo.

• wine: I've read in various places that it's okay to drink an occasional glass of red here and there. True, no? I'm not a big wine drinker but anytime I crave it or coffee, I'll take a couple sips of my husband's.

Our Tiger Cub arrived 12/29/10
#36 of 41 Old 09-22-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova22 View Post
You are cracking me up
  1. Being able to roll over in bed without having to take a break halfway through to catch my breath
I have hip/back alignment issues so I can't be flat on my back. I've figured out how to position my feet under me, lift my butt, and flop over to the other side. Instead of rolling over I'm flipping myself over, lol.

#37 of 41 Old 09-22-2010, 08:06 PM

Having enough energy to be a decent/fun mom to my kids I feel like a failure lately.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#38 of 41 Old 09-22-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Scottish Gal View Post
Having enough energy to be a decent/fun mom to my kids I feel like a failure lately.
Ugh, I hear ya. I feel that way, too. I want to be Fun Mom but instead I am Sit On The Couch And Sometimes Consent To Reading A Story Because It Requires Very Little Energy Mom. I don't want to take the kids out to the playground because it's so darn hot and our closest playground doesn't have a bench, so I have to stand or sit in the grass. (And you know I'd never get back up again if I did that.) It really stinks...I keep thinking that right now they are creating memories of me lounging around being miserable while they're desperate to play.

I guess it's good that they have a lot of siblings because otherwise the poor guys would be bored out of their little minds.

Edited to add to the original list of things I miss:

Getting sick and being able to take medication for it! Nothing I CAN take (i.e. am not allergic to) is safe during pregnancy.

Along that vein: Getting sick to my stomach without worrying that there's something wrong with the baby. Right now my stomach and womb are squished so close together that sometimes it's hard to tell which part hurts.

#39 of 41 Old 09-23-2010, 01:34 PM

• having clothes that actually cover me up and don't suffocate me
  • being able to shave my legs without fear of mortal injury
  • being able to hold my baby without being in pain
  • wearing more than one extremely comfy pair of shoes that doesn't match any outfit I own...I have so many cute shoes but they all hurt my feet!

#40 of 41 Old 09-23-2010, 01:37 PM

wearing pants that stay on my ass. seriously, these maternity jeans may be the end of me. i need to get some nice black yoga pants or something so I look decent enough to leave the house, but feel like I'm in my jammies.

Being able to spend a day on my feet canning without getting loads of wicked contractions and super sore feet/back! I have work to do baby, I can't spend *every* day taking it easy!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#41 of 41 Old 09-23-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova22 View Post
I don't want to take the kids out to the playground because it's so darn hot and our closest playground doesn't have a bench, so I have to stand or sit in the grass. (And you know I'd never get back up again if I did that.)
Maybe get a lawn chair so you don't have to sit on the ground?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page