I am on bedrest - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 09-25-2010, 01:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, just quickly dropping in to let let you all know that I am on bedrest for the next 6 weeks. my cervix is starting to shorten and I can;t stand or sit without contractions. I was at the hospital today with my midwife. The baby is sitting low and head down. My back is burning..... OWCH!

I will be checking in as I can. I hope to get my laptop set up here soon.
Dp is having to do everything. I have to move too!! oh and to top it all off, I have been upped on my antidepressants.. hopfully my mood will get better. LOL we shall see.

I hope everyone a healthy pregnancy.
Elizabeth

mama to Alex 20 Briana 16 Cory 10 and Jade 3Tubes tied and regret it
#2 of 25 Old 09-25-2010, 02:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh my

I hope you are able to keep the LO inside for a little longer.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#3 of 25 Old 09-25-2010, 12:27 PM

So sorry you're going through this! Hoping baby stays in and you are able to rest and find some peace. Keep us posted!

Massage therapist and artist, wife to English DH since 2002, Mummy to Oliver Finn 10/20/07 and Eamon Anthony 12/2/2010
#4 of 25 Old 09-25-2010, 12:33 PM

((((hugs))))

Hang in there mama! Right now your most important job is incubating this baby, and if your body is telling you that you need to rest...then rest you must.

Im sure its frustrating not to be able to do the things you normally do. Maybe you could use this time to catch up on things you dont normally have time for? Read some books...watch movies galore...think of it as a little break before you have a new little one to care for!

Fiona Rose  stillheart.gif12.25.10stillheart.gif

#5 of 25 Old 09-25-2010, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I hope you find something to keep you busy.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#6 of 25 Old 09-25-2010, 12:50 PM

s
I understand how hard and frustrating bedrest can be. Although it gets old, in the end it is worth it.
I spent a month on hospital bedrest with my first. The difference that month made was huge. Worth it for a baby who is more developed.
Frustrating for mama though. I was starting to get really grouchy and mean at the end.

Hopefully that baby stays put for a while longer.
Take care and hopefully someone will get you the dvd set of a really long series that you have been dying to watch
#7 of 25 Old 09-25-2010, 12:54 PM

I'm so sorry, I hope the time passes quickly and she stays put for at least those 6 weeks!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#8 of 25 Old 09-25-2010, 01:42 PM

Hope that you can be as comfortable as possible. Please do keep the group updated on your well being. Thinking of you and your family.

Abigayle

Loving Mom to DD (09/06) and dear friend to DH expecting numero dos en 12/14/2010 hoping for and lots of
#9 of 25 Old 09-25-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslmere View Post
Take care and hopefully someone will get you the dvd set of a really long series that you have been dying to watch
If you're at home you can get Netflix. You can choose between 1-3 discs mailed out at a time but all packages come with instant streaming movies/shows to your tv through a wii/ps3/xbox (I think you can watch off a laptop too but I've never tried it). It sucks that not all the series are instant but they have things like Grey's Anatomy, Stargate (SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe), Mythbusters, Family Guy, Ice Road Truckers, and a bunch of History Channel series. Of course they have movies too but I'm not much of a movie person, lol.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#10 of 25 Old 09-25-2010, 01:59 PM

Sorry you're stuck! Hope it goes well and you can keep that baby inside as long as she needs to be. I couldn't stand to be cooped up either, but at least the internet will have some distractions for you, I hope.
#11 of 25 Old 09-25-2010, 08:07 PM

Oh that sounds miserable, worrisome, and a little bit frightening, too! I hope that everything goes as well as it can, and that little Jayde stays put for a while yet!

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#12 of 25 Old 09-26-2010, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

everything is ok so far. alot more pains today.

thank you for all your thoughts

#13 of 25 Old 09-26-2010, 12:43 AM

Oh, hang in there mama! I was on bedrest when pregnant with my twins and it was kind of scary. However, it's been 8 years now, and I look back and then, "I really should have enjoyed that more!" I haven't rested like that since then.

I second the rec. for Netflix -- we just got it and I looooooooooooooove it. We have a Roku for streaming and there are tons of great family-friendly movies and documentaries and old TV shows.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#14 of 25 Old 09-26-2010, 03:15 AM

Hope you got your laptop set up! can't imagine!

*hugs* if you do facebook at all, I recommend the game frontierville A couple of us here are on it I know for sure...

I think I'd be doing that and watching way too much DVR'ed stuff and probably upping my cable to a movie package again or something....

lovin DH since 1/04, SAHM to 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#15 of 25 Old 09-26-2010, 01:49 PM

I am really sorry you're going through this. I hope you're able to keep your baby in as long as possible!

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#16 of 25 Old 09-26-2010, 02:28 PM

So sorry to hear that!! Try to keep in mind that you are doing what's best for your baby.

Mama to Ellie (11/11/05) and Owen, born 12/12/10 - a successful VBAC!
#17 of 25 Old 09-26-2010, 02:37 PM

s MAMMA!!! Hang in there! Praying for you and your little one!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#18 of 25 Old 09-26-2010, 04:23 PM

Thinking about you, Elizabeth. Bedrest must be such a weird combination of frustrating, tedious and scary! Lean on us for distraction!

Happily muddled mom to baby Kiki, 11/2010

#19 of 25 Old 09-28-2010, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter

this is bull, I went back to the hospital today. The pain and contractions were getting worst. My midwife said " we only worry if your cervix has changed or if the baby is low" ok? well TOday the baby is "floating" but I am a finger tip dialated. umm hello? why am I home again? she said my cervix has moved back so she is not worried, and for me to just get lots of rest.
It hurts so much I can't decribe it. Low down in the front and a triangle in the lower back. the pain is constant.

oh and here is the kicker- I have bacterial vaganosis. Doesn't that cause preterm labour? She said they are not treating it any more in pregnancy. ahhh I am so frustrated with my body. and the percrip, is 30 dollors. ugg. I am going to pick it up tommorrow I hope.

#20 of 25 Old 09-28-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corysmilk View Post
this is bull, I went back to the hospital today. The pain and contractions were getting worst. My midwife said " we only worry if your cervix has changed or if the baby is low" ok? well TOday the baby is "floating" but I am a finger tip dialated. umm hello? why am I home again? she said my cervix has moved back so she is not worried, and for me to just get lots of rest.
It hurts so much I can't decribe it. Low down in the front and a triangle in the lower back. the pain is constant.

oh and here is the kicker- I have bacterial vaganosis. Doesn't that cause preterm labour? She said they are not treating it any more in pregnancy. ahhh I am so frustrated with my body. and the percrip, is 30 dollors. ugg. I am going to pick it up tommorrow I hope.
Oh No!
that has to be so frustrating! Do you feel like she is not taking your pain seriously? If you feel you can't trust her to take you seriously, can you look for another provider? It isn't too late at this point.
I hope that treating the BV will help you.
Definately keep taking it easy
#21 of 25 Old 09-28-2010, 10:36 AM

BV can definately cause preterm labor. I can't believe that she's not taking that seriously. Hopefully getting it treated will improve things for you! I agree that if she is not taking you seriously and you are not feeling trust with your provider, it may be time to switch. Best wishes!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#22 of 25 Old 09-29-2010, 03:45 AM - Thread Starter

just an update. I got the meds so hopefully I will be feeling better soon. My midwife is ok, I think. She sent me to see the OB that they are assosiated with. He seems to think I can just be on semi bedrest- take it very easy. He is sending me for an ultrasound to check my scar from my c-section. He thinks the pain may be from the scar stretching. God only know what that will mean. But for today I rested when I needed to and didn't do too much. It still hurts but I guess I am getting used to it?? lol!

I feel Iam in good hands. I am going to enjoy the rest of this pregnancy, even thou it hurts. I know it will be over sooo soon and She is my last.

well I am off to bed
Elizabeth

#23 of 25 Old 09-29-2010, 04:07 AM

You're thinking positively! Glad to hear things are looking up.

May the journey get even better from here.
#24 of 25 Old 09-29-2010, 04:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspberry.swirl View Post
You're thinking positively! Glad to hear things are looking up.

May the journey get even better from here.
maybe the antidepresants are working

#25 of 25 Old 09-29-2010, 03:36 PM

praying for you

some days i wish i was on bed rest becuse its hard for me to get around
but then i greatfull that i am not
you can do it
sound like your in good hands with your MW

loving wife of 10 years, stay at home mom to
Sam 05 Isaac 06 Melody 08Baby #4 2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page