Vertical tearing feeling very low in abdomen? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-26-2010, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Man, this pregnancy is FAR different from either of my other two. Last night at work I started having these stabbing VERTICAL pains (not horizontal, like ligament pains) low in my belly (ie: just above my hair line, on the right side; about 3in right of my belly button). It either feels like stabbing or tearing, depending on the moment. By the end of the night, I was doubled over, hunched to the right, it felt like I was going to split something open if I stood up straight. Using my abs to slide into the driver seat when I left to go home made my cry. It's much better today after resting and being off my feet, but it's definitely still there.

ETA: After the pain started last night, I went to the bathroom and lost more of my mucus plug (or I had really snotty-looking discharge just for that moment). This may have nothing to do with the pain, just thought I'd mention it.

Anyone ever dealt with this?

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Mama to: Kaleb 9/12/2005 * Adeline 7/02/08 (born at home!) & 'Dot' EDD 12/23/2010
#2 of 8 Old 09-26-2010, 01:46 PM

Do you have an HCP you can contact about this? I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with the sensation, but your description of the pain as stabbing/tearing sounds unusual to me.

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#3 of 8 Old 09-26-2010, 06:11 PM

I read, here or somewhere else, that cervical change can feel like a stabbing feeling is subsequent pregnancies. Something about having weaker pelvic floor muscles. That may not be the case with you, could it be trapped gas?

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#4 of 8 Old 09-26-2010, 06:53 PM

Sounds like Separated Rectus Abdominal Muscles which are totally normal in pregnancy:
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/s/sepa...s/symptoms.htm

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

#5 of 8 Old 09-26-2010, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Jazzmin - no, def not trapped gas. This is MUCH too painful to be that. It is however possible it might be cervical changes? I've got an appt Tues AM and will see if that might be the case.

Mindie - I read up on SRAM, but it occurs directly below the belly bottom, this is off to the right a good bit. More like in the middle of the right half of my belly.

I've basically put myself on bedrest for the day and I'm still in a ton of pain. I need to call my MW but feel like a whiner. (My mom is a horrible hypochondriac -sp?- and I always fear I'll be looked as as the same...I know, my own personal issue).

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Mama to: Kaleb 9/12/2005 * Adeline 7/02/08 (born at home!) & 'Dot' EDD 12/23/2010
#6 of 8 Old 09-27-2010, 03:40 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I feel for you!!!

mama to Alex 20 Briana 16 Cory 10 and Jade 3Tubes tied and regret it
#7 of 8 Old 09-29-2010, 01:26 AM - Thread Starter

Just an update. I had an appt with my midwife today. Baby is head down, just cockeyed. Her head is more at 7o'clock (angled toward my right hip bone) and is really running out of room. Her movements (and the gravity from my being on my feet at work) is putting a ton of pressure on my ligaments, hip bone and Lord knows what else. That's where my pain is coming from. So, until she moves head down, not much can be done. I've been advised to cut back on work as much as possible, ASAP. And to do as many pelvic rocks as I can stand every day to help move her into place.

Thanks for your concern and advice.

Jamie * Andy's Queen
#8 of 8 Old 09-29-2010, 04:05 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I hope you feel better soon.
thanks for the update

mama to Alex 20 Briana 16 Cory 10 and Jade 3Tubes tied and regret it

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page