Samhain/Halloween Costumes For Pregnant Mamas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 09-27-2010, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been pondering what to wear for Samhain this year and since I'm as big as a house, it sounds like fun to incorporate my pregnant belly into a costume. I'm thinking of being a fertility goddess almost for certain (but then, of course, which one?) What will you be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 09-27-2010, 02:52 AM

my 2 year old loves care bears and we got her a yellow 'funshine' bear costume. my husband and i have been joking i should go as one too, paint my belly like a care bear. he suggests i should be 'grumpy'. haha.

Mama to two girls, born 5/08 and 11/10.

#3 of 13 Old 09-27-2010, 12:33 PM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dh and I decided to take advantage of the tummy this year and do the characters from the movie Juno. Should be fairly cheap also. I think DH has stuff to look like Paulie Bleaker and I just need a Slinky shirt. I'm sure most people won't get it but it'll be fun for us since we loved that movie.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#4 of 13 Old 09-27-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post
Dh and I decided to take advantage of the tummy this year and do the characters from the movie Juno. Should be fairly cheap also. I think DH has stuff to look like Paulie Bleaker and I just need a Slinky shirt. I'm sure most people won't get it but it'll be fun for us since we loved that movie.
THIS!! lol DP and I have totally talked about this exact costume within the past couple weeks. It should be fairly easy to put together with things we already have, and the things we dont have should be able to be purchased fairly cheaply.

Though Im not sure that we're actually GOING anywhere, but if we do. haha. Plus I can wear my costume to work the Friday before Halloween (I work at an OBGYN), and I think the ensemble plus an added "Hello my name is....JUNO" sticker for those who might not get it right away, should make for a pretty good time.

I didnt get this idea until my midwife randomly told me I look like Ellen Page the other day. So it fits.

Fiona Rose  stillheart.gif12.25.10stillheart.gif

#5 of 13 Old 09-27-2010, 01:35 PM

As the oldest child of 4 it seemed like my mom was always in some state of pregnancy. I remember her wearing a pumpkin costume a lot, which was pretty funny for us because she never dressed up otherwise, I guess she just liked the green stockings, orange dress and orange hat.

I think I'll just go to thrift stores and see what's available..
#6 of 13 Old 09-27-2010, 01:40 PM

When I was pregnant with DD, we drew a Carebear belly on a white t-shirt - a circle with two baby rattles criss-crossed. I just dug it out of storage, so I may wear that again Though DD wants me to be a jack-o-lantern...

Mama to Ellie (11/11/05) and Owen, born 12/12/10 - a successful VBAC!
#7 of 13 Old 09-27-2010, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DDCC-

I didn't even think of fertility Goddess...that's a good one! Would be simple enough, too, since I can be as creative as I want.

When I was pregnant with DS I was a pregnant nun...haha. This year I was thinking about pumpkin only because DS wants to be, "A pile of pumpkins!" I suppose it will all depend on my time, finances and general lack of laziness.

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#8 of 13 Old 09-27-2010, 03:02 PM

ddcc - I have to go to a party that has the theme "heroes or villains" I am not sure anything that can use my big belly except Ursula from Little Mermaid. I have got some thinking to do!

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#9 of 13 Old 09-27-2010, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I actually have an orange maternity shirt and was going to add jack o' lantern features to it. But in reality, I will be in bed, not wearing a costume, and the candy will be in a bowl on the porch and DH will be taking the kids around.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#10 of 13 Old 09-27-2010, 06:44 PM

We go to a Halloween party every year and we've decided not to sit this one out (i'll just be everyone's dd!!)...so DH is going as the "HUGH HEFF Devil" and I'm going as an Angel with a little sign that says "THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT" hanging near my belly! I thought it would be cute and we've gone as a nun and priest, tinker bell and peter pan, and a scottish lad and lass in the past so we decided to throw this in the mix and we won't reuse the idea for several years. We like to come up with new stuff every year plus my angel outfit is an actual Maternity costume.

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#11 of 13 Old 09-27-2010, 07:11 PM

If I could fit into last year's costume I would be cinderella but this year be cinderella with a pumpkin. But there is the whole fitting into the costume thing

Mandy, Mama to three wildfire girls and another little one on the way. Due 1/30/13

#12 of 13 Old 09-27-2010, 07:16 PM

I am going to go as a pregnant nun, and DH was going to go as a priest, but now he has to work the night of the party that we got invited. I know that is horribly unholy, but I think it also sounds hilarious

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#13 of 13 Old 09-28-2010, 02:34 PM

I'm going to go as a magic 8 ball, black shirt and stretch pants, along with a painted on white and black 8.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page