So if my belly wasn't big enough... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-30-2010, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...my face can make up for the rest! So I got stung by one of our honeybees today. We have some beehives so getting stung isn't really anything new, but this time it just happened to be on my head about 2 inches from my hairline. Since it was in my hair I couldn't get the stinger out right away. It just sort of flew into my hair and got panicked...didn't really mean to attack or anything. Now, I should say I am NOT allergic to bees. Having hives and being allergic to bees would be...well...not smart. I always get some general swelling though. This though freakin' sucks!! I started out with a goose egg on my head.....it has now spread down my forehead and into my face. Fantastic!! I look like I got punched or something. My midwife actually had me take a Benadryl which I really didn't want to take. Doesn't look like it's done too much anyways. So yeah...just one more fun thing to deal with right now b/c you know, the heartburn, sciatica, lack of sleep, etc. aren't enough. I honestly am laughing at myself though. For one I just look hilarious and two...this could only happen to me!!

Rachel(29)treehugger.gif Crunchy, granola wife of Matthew(30)reading.gif, DD Willow(5yrs)energy.gif, DS Ronan(2yrs) superhero.gif, Ivy Spring 12/29/2009 lost to Hydrops at 20 weeksangel3.gif, 2 other angel.gif and DS Canaan(1yr) kid.gif.  Holy Cow!!! jaw2.gifDue with someone new July 2014!!! joy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-30-2010, 02:04 AM

pic?

that sucks!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#3 of 5 Old 09-30-2010, 01:28 PM

ouch!

Fiona Rose  stillheart.gif12.25.10stillheart.gif

#4 of 5 Old 09-30-2010, 05:05 PM

Ooooowwww! I've been stung on my head before and it stinks. I have long hair, and my husband is always reminding me to pull it up before we work bees, but I never remember and they seem to be attracted to it....

That's awesome that you have bees. My DH has his Master's in Entomology and is working on his PhD right now, and his work is based on colony collapse disorder, so I know more about bees than I ever thought I would!

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
#5 of 5 Old 10-02-2010, 02:46 AM - Thread Starter

I actually only took one picture and it's on my cell phone. Trust me though...it wasn't pretty!!! I'm still pretty swollen but it's gone down to the point my left eye isn't swollen closed.

Ein328, I'm in the same boat with the long hair. Mine is down to just past my tailbone, but I had it up at the time!!! Somehow she still managed to get lodged in my hair. I've generally got it in a long braid when I'm with them or working in the gardens. So I'm curious as to what your DH is finding in his work on CCD. It's always on ours and most of the other local keepers minds. I know there has been some talk about these newer pesticides (neonicatinamides...I so don't know the EXACT spelling off the top of my head) that are being used in abundance today. Of course there are other theories too. Just curious! That's really a neat choice for PhD work. My parents did theirs in Plant and Animal Pathology fields. They are a lot of work, but so worth it in the end!!

Rachel(29)treehugger.gif Crunchy, granola wife of Matthew(30)reading.gif, DD Willow(5yrs)energy.gif, DS Ronan(2yrs) superhero.gif, Ivy Spring 12/29/2009 lost to Hydrops at 20 weeksangel3.gif, 2 other angel.gif and DS Canaan(1yr) kid.gif.  Holy Cow!!! jaw2.gifDue with someone new July 2014!!! joy.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page