Gratitude. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-30-2010, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today I am grateful for:

1. The weather in FL FINALLY cooling down.
2. Knowing that if I have this baby at the same point that I had DD, I have only 8 weeks or so to go. CRAZY!
3. My DD transitioning to her crib smoothly in a matter of days, actually putting herself to sleep without fussing, and still nursing like a champ (I really, really want to at least attempt tandem nursing.)
4. "Nesting" kicking in- I've been more productive in the past two days than I've been in months.

What are you grateful for today????

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-30-2010, 06:01 PM

Good thread idea

I'm grateful for:
1. Rain at last! Free car wash! Plus our dried-up creek bed finally has some water in it.
2. Cooler weather
3. A very awesome DH who has been extra helpful, sweet, and all around great lately.
4. Homeschooling going surprisingly well.
5. A friend coming out for the weekend (which means lots of really good food!!!).
6. PAY DAY!!! DH gets paid today, I get paid tomorrow. We're rich, rich, rich! (Well, we're not rich, but at least we're not in the ****house)

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#3 of 7 Old 09-30-2010, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova22 View Post
Good thread idea

I'm grateful for:
1. Rain at last! Free car wash! Plus our dried-up creek bed finally has some water in it.
2. Cooler weather
3. A very awesome DH who has been extra helpful, sweet, and all around great lately.
4. Homeschooling going surprisingly well.
5. A friend coming out for the weekend (which means lots of really good food!!!).
6. PAY DAY!!! DH gets paid today, I get paid tomorrow. We're rich, rich, rich! (Well, we're not rich, but at least we're not in the ****house)
Tomorrow is Pay Day for us, too!

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
#4 of 7 Old 09-30-2010, 09:56 PM

1. the humidity went away, and it was under 90 degrees! I know it's just a quirk and it'll all be back in a few days, but I thoroughly enjoyed it today
2. Feeling the baby wiggle all around in there
3. Skype. My DH is deployed for a little bit, but we've been able to talk every night so far
4. A good chiropractor, who is helping me work on coaxing Squirt to get head down and stay that way

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#5 of 7 Old 09-30-2010, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
1. Pay day was TODAY for us!! Just got back from grocery shopping actually.
2. DH got to come home for lunch today. His sandwich was delicious, lol.
3. No heartburn today!
4. We got to the grocery store before the pay-day crowd. Didn't have to stand in line!

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#6 of 7 Old 10-02-2010, 09:46 PM

In no particular order, I am grateful for

1) hitting 31 weeks today!
2) 7 weeks left at work!
3) My awesome DH, who still thinks I'm beautiful even though I look like a whale (or someone that ate one).
4) Cooler weather - that heat was NOT making me happy.
5) Getting to feel the baby move every day.
6) That a friend of mine that went into labor at 34 weeks had a 5 lb, 9 oz baby and they're both doing well!

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

#7 of 7 Old 10-02-2010, 11:32 PM

This is a little hard for me right now, I've been a grouch. All the more reason to participate I guess!!

1) major increase in baby movement over the last week, it's lots of fun!
2) DD agreed to keep the baby if it's a boy. (She's 4 and has her heart set on a sister, she already has a 2 yo brother.)
3) Good friends (this has been a fairly new development since we moved and I'm *loving* it!) that share interests. We've been canning fools lately. We've done (3 of us) over 300 pounds of apples and about 100 pounds of pears. I also get to go to knitting night this coming week and sit and knit and chat with some lovely ladies!
4) A sweet, hard working DH. He is a good, good man and I miss him a lot. He's still working crazy hours though it's slowed down some. He probably had 75 hours this week. He left this evening for a hunting trip all day tomorrow. I'm glad he's going, he needs a break, but man, I need some down time and to get some things done around here!
5) Having a healthy, growing baby inside of me. A friend recently lost a baby at 17 weeks and just lost twins at about 8 weeks yesterday. My heart breaks for her.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page