12 weeks till Christmas!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 10-02-2010, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As of today, Oct 2, it is 12 weeks till Christmas!

Our babies will be here before we know it.

My big "to do before Squirt arrives" list taped on the fridge has way too many things left on it, but I'm still starting to get really excited.

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#2 of 17 Old 10-02-2010, 11:56 PM

I'm so excited! I think of it as two more months of work, I am done at the end of November and I really hope that my little man joins the family shortly thereafter. Good for you for having a list, I need to get on that!!

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#3 of 17 Old 10-03-2010, 12:05 AM

I just got our first box of christmas gifts in the mail from amazon tonite!! Getting excited here! I got the kids a bunch of movies this time around, figuring I'll be out of commission for a while being huge, or possibly delivering around christmas time. I got them The Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins and Raffi!
Ooooh, and I ordered my DSs bday presents today! I want this all done soon!

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
#4 of 17 Old 10-03-2010, 12:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Really? REALLY?!?! Crap.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#5 of 17 Old 10-03-2010, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Really? REALLY?!?! Crap.

Massage therapist and artist, wife to English DH since 2002, Mummy to Oliver Finn 10/20/07 and Eamon Anthony 12/2/2010
#6 of 17 Old 10-03-2010, 01:50 AM

Oh my goddess. I'd better get my rear end in gear.
#7 of 17 Old 10-03-2010, 02:41 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Seems soon to me too! It helps that the second time around I have a very relaxed list of what to do for the baby - get a few diapers, pick up another carseat, bug my friends to pass me down a few small clothes since I inexplicably got rid of everything smaller than 12 month size before I got pregnant...
However, I do have all kinds of other projects I'm trying to get done, including writing a good chunk of my next book. Somehow I thought these few months of relative peace between returning from our big trek and this next baby would take longer than they seem to be.
#8 of 17 Old 10-03-2010, 02:57 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Really? REALLY?!?! Crap.
Tell me about it... I have 10 nieces and nephews AND the new baby to think about! I have no clue what we're going to do. I'm a huge present buyer and we just don't have the money or the time to find the perfect presents for so many people. At least the youngest niece/nephew will be a newborn! A pack of diapers should be a good gift.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#9 of 17 Old 10-03-2010, 10:51 AM

I can't believe I am due in less than 10 weeks! Are you all doing your Christmas shopping now so that everything will be bought wrapped and ready to give out before your due date? My due date is December 8th and that is my plan

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

#10 of 17 Old 10-03-2010, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'll probably push the wrapping off on my DH, LOL!, but my goal is to have everything bought by the end of October. Thank goodness for Amazon!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#11 of 17 Old 10-03-2010, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I think I'll just order everything online, haha. It'll probably be cheaper since so many places offer free shipping. It just won't look all that pretty.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#12 of 17 Old 10-03-2010, 12:24 PM

I have exactly 2 months before my EDD... wow.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

#13 of 17 Old 10-03-2010, 04:32 PM

DDCC

While I'm technically due in January, more than likely the baby will come between Christmas and New Year's, based on my 4 previous pregnancies.

So may I say again: and

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.  ~Albert Einstein
#14 of 17 Old 10-04-2010, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Really? REALLY?!?! Crap.
#15 of 17 Old 10-04-2010, 11:44 AM

you ladies really got me thinking i better get moving!! i ordered a bunch of xmas gifts for the kids in our family from toys/babies r us last night. i also got a few replacement parts for my medela breast pump. they have free shipping if you spend over $100.
i'll probably do an amazon order on the next paycheck.
i am not taking the time to do gifts for adults-i think gift cards are fine.
the christmas cookies...i am hoping to have the energy to tackle those in november and then put them in the freezer. for me, it wouldn't be xmas without those cookies!
i'm also working hard on some sewing projects, almost done with an extra large receiving/swaddling blanket for my new babe, and i also plan to do a tree skirt and a few pairs of warm baby pants (check out handmade beginnings).
oh, and then there is all that cleaning...oh boy.
i can't believe i only have 9 weeks to go!!!

Mama to two girls, born 5/08 and 11/10.

#16 of 17 Old 10-04-2010, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Must wash diapers. LOL I keep thinking oh itsot for 8 more weeks. YEAH right! it'll go by so fast!!

mama to Alex 20 Briana 16 Cory 10 and Jade 3Tubes tied and regret it
#17 of 17 Old 10-05-2010, 12:33 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Let's see, I don't have too much to do for the babe himself. My mom ordered me a crib so that will be here in the next couple weeks. I just rearranged the room for it. He has diapers, we had all the bigger stuff from big sis, and I just this weekend got a ton of clothes for him so he's set pretty much up to nine month size. I like to have thing up to a year because babies grow so fast!

As far as Christmas, I like to shop all year long. I have a lot of people to get things for so we do a lot of gifting via yard sales and resale shops. Luckily I have most of it. The next time my hubby goes to the post office (which needs to be soon since I have to return something) I'll ask him to get some package wrapping paper. I want to let dd draw on it for wrapping paper. Other than a few items I'm done gift buying. Whewww! I bought a bushel of apples so I'm making apple butter and apple pie filling. Good for the few gift baskets I need to make.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page