Position Position - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 10-05-2010, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My mini rant of the day...

I've been trying to get this kid to turn the right way. First he was oblique. Then he was posterior. This morning I woke up and he's BREECH!! Seriously? I hope he figures out he's sitting the wrong way soon cause I don't even want to hear the 'c word'.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 10-05-2010, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine are usually breech until about 32-34 weeks- they always know what to do when the time comes and they turn around. I wouldn't worry about it yet

Busy mama to 4 boys, M 9/04, E 4/06, our angel baby N (passed 10/09 at 1 day old) & newbie C, 12/10
#3 of 20 Old 10-05-2010, 05:53 PM

Yeah, I would say it's still a little early to get worried about their position now. Even in the last weeks and days babies still move plenty. I've had plenty of friends who were so worried about a breech baby and then at last minute the baby turns.

Also, you should check out spinningbabies.com. It's got a lot of useful suggestions and techniques to encourage baby into optimal birth position.
#4 of 20 Old 10-05-2010, 06:42 PM

My kids like to find their positions early. This baby has been in the exact same position for two months. Kinda nice, he's not doing flips. He is transverse though. At least he's not pushing in my bladder. Heh.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#5 of 20 Old 10-05-2010, 07:05 PM

I know it's too early to really worry, but it does concern me that Squirt is resisting head down at all costs! Transverse is usually a favorite, unfortuneately, as is oblique. My chiropractor does the Webster technique, so i"m working on it that way. Plus the modified cat/cow yoga move. Even if that doesn't help, it feels good!

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#6 of 20 Old 10-05-2010, 07:43 PM

Don't fret yet. Baby knows what to do. I understand that a breech baby can be a sign that the mother's world is upside down...too much stress, maybe?
Too bad that breech births have been so harshly labeled as automatic cesarean...unless you find a cool old-school doc. For those professionals trained in breech delivery, it's pretty simple... just hands off and let the baby walk on out. I also hear that breech deliveries are easier for the mother. Anyway, there's always moxibustion. Good luck, mama.
#7 of 20 Old 10-05-2010, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebearsmama View Post
Don't fret yet. Baby knows what to do. I understand that a breech baby can be a sign that the mother's world is upside down...too much stress, maybe?
*chuckle* DH is leaving for a month in a little less than 3 weeks. I've never been alone for so long before and we still aren't sure that he'll make it back in time for the birth. The only contact I'll have with him until the last few days is going to be the Red Cross which only does 'emergency' messages. They don't consider having a baby to be an emergency worth informing fathers of. He can get a birth announcement (date, time, weight, length, everyone is doing okay) but that is a bit late. I've been a little worried that by not wanting him to come out before DH comes back and 'holding him in' that he's responding by moving into all these difficult positions.

#8 of 20 Old 10-05-2010, 10:40 PM

Why don't you have a talk with your little one and explain what's happening with his/her Daddy and how you are feeling about it all? Then take a nice hot bath, a deep breath, and let the Universe take care of you.
#9 of 20 Old 10-06-2010, 09:53 AM

I have no idea what position this baby is in. I think s/he keeps flipping as sometimes I feel kicks to my cervix, and sometimes into my ribs. But I cannot figure out by palpating my belly how the baby is lying.

DS was vertex from about 25 weeks and stayed that way. This one seems to be more all over the place.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#10 of 20 Old 10-06-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ema-adama View Post
I have no idea what position this baby is in. I think s/he keeps flipping as sometimes I feel kicks to my cervix, and sometimes into my ribs. But I cannot figure out by palpating my belly how the baby is lying.
I can't tell either! I have an anterior placenta, which I think makes it harder. Sometimes I will feel a hard kick (or what I think is a kick) up high, and think, "oh, he must be head-down now," but then it'll be followed right away by the same thing down low. So I'm at a loss. I hope it gets easier to tell later on.

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#11 of 20 Old 10-06-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoraFlood View Post
I can't tell either! I have an anterior placenta, which I think makes it harder. Sometimes I will feel a hard kick (or what I think is a kick) up high, and think, "oh, he must be head-down now," but then it'll be followed right away by the same thing down low. So I'm at a loss. I hope it gets easier to tell later on.
I also have an anterior placenta.... so maybe that is why it is so damn confusing

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#12 of 20 Old 10-06-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ema-adama View Post
I also have an anterior placenta.... so maybe that is why it is so damn confusing
here too! i can't really tell whats what at this point either

i agree with littlebearsmama on position having correlation to stress and the others on not worriying about it too much yet.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#13 of 20 Old 10-06-2010, 02:40 PM

I have an anterior placenta, and baby is ROA, but slightly off center. Which means that this mama needs to go get adjusted and start walking 5-10 minutes a day. Hopefully he stays head down though.

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

#14 of 20 Old 10-06-2010, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

My placenta is on my left side, lol. Its kind of low, front, and left but I'm pretty sure he likes to hide behind it and kick above it.

Oh btw, hiccups nice and low again last night and this morning. I'm not sure when he turned but he's doing better now. Hopefully the movement I'm feeling now is him shifting to anterior. I started sitting on pillows today to keep my hips higher than my knees. Its also keeping me from leaning back.

#15 of 20 Old 10-06-2010, 05:18 PM

My baby still flips and flops ATM. DD was flipping around until 35ish weeks, it was to the point where my MW was wanting me to do inversions and what not so she would stay head down.

Don't let the position of the baby worry you for at least a few more weeks. Maybe check out Spinning Babies or visit a chiro to help keep your mind at ease.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#16 of 20 Old 10-06-2010, 07:02 PM

Had a mw appointment today and it included an ultrasound (Julian gets them monthly to monitor his growth due to SUA, he's in the 68th percentile, so he's fine.)

The tech said he's breech oblique but that's nothing to worry about. They worry about positioning at 36 weeks. He's quite a squirmy worm and he looks chubby already-round tummy.

I do visit a chiro every 3 weeks and will mention this at my next appt on 10/18.
#17 of 20 Old 10-06-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post
My mini rant of the day...

I've been trying to get this kid to turn the right way. First he was oblique. Then he was posterior. This morning I woke up and he's BREECH!! Seriously? I hope he figures out he's sitting the wrong way soon cause I don't even want to hear the 'c word'.
Mine is breech too (32 weeks), as was my last, a c-section, before I knew that if I had showed up in labor with a breech and refused the c-section they would have HAD to deliver me. Ah, the things you learn.

So, my MW was a little uncomfortable, as my last was a breech too. She sent me to the chiro to have the Webster Method done. Ive done it about 4x now... 2 more left. And I gotta say, ever since we started, this little dude has switched positions like crazy. I have no clue which was he is now, but he isnt breech, for sure. Cuz no more kicks to the cervix, which hurt terribly.

Im just about to start the Turn Baby Turn, Hypnobabies script. If the time creeps up and he isnt head down, I'll start with the icing the head and laying up side down on the stairs tricks. I will do anything. My MW will still deliver HB for a breech. But I am a little nervous about the prospects of that type of delivery. I would rather just have it the easy way. hehe.

i hope yours turns too! there are tons of "methods" i have read about online. If the webster doesnt do it (i find out next wed), then i will most certainly make the list, hang it on the fridge and start ticking off each and every one until I have exhausted all options! I REFUSE to have another c-section unless it is absolutely life or death!

Lauren , DH , DD 02/2007 and expecting #2 (12/7/10)! We
#18 of 20 Old 10-08-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post
Oh btw, hiccups nice and low again last night and this morning. I'm not sure when he turned but he's doing better now. Hopefully the movement I'm feeling now is him shifting to anterior. I started sitting on pillows today to keep my hips higher than my knees. Its also keeping me from leaning back.

Baby's been having hiccups a lot lately- and last night I swear I could feel them resonating in my crotch- lol!

I'm like several of the other girls though- I have absolutely no clue as to how I am supposed to know how he is positioned. He's been breech at each ultrasound and I would love any tips on how I can make an educated guess. Unfortunately, I feel like I feel him kicking/punching everywhere.

If one side of my belly is soft and the other is super firm, does anyone know what part of the baby is probably in the firm part??

Jamie from Indiana, , Baby #1- Nolan Michael born December 9th, 2010
#19 of 20 Old 10-08-2010, 05:18 PM

Happy check out belly mapping.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#20 of 20 Old 10-09-2010, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The firm part is typically the back. Especially as the baby gets bigger, it's often quite easy to grab the bum or the head, depending on which is up and which is down. I usually start with the bum, because then it's easy to feel down the back. The bumpy bits are the limbs. It's easier to feel if you're slim, harder if you're a little rounder in your non-pregnant state.

For greater things are yet to come...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page