Nesting! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-06-2010, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been going nuts since my "nesting" instincts kicked in over the weekend. Think getting up way early to do random chores, laying in bed thinking about what I could be accomplishing instead of sleeping, having to be reminded about eating dinner because I'm engrossed in yet another project.....

So far I've been particularly busy with sewing, knitting, crafting. I've finished up my first pillowcase-style dress for DD, and am working on completing her newest tutu. http://einolan.blogspot.com/2010/10/...wednesday.html

I guess while everyone else is trying to wind down, I'm finally getting the burst of energy to get stuff done!

Anyone else feeling the urge to "nest"??

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 10-06-2010, 10:52 PM

oh you are sooo not alone. Two weekends ago, I went crazy! I cleaned the entire kitchen (were talking, floors, cabinets, walls, the fridge, the light fixtures) like a maniac. Then I made my husband stay up until about 2am cleaning out his closet and giving 4 bags full of things to goodwill. Followed by cleaning the bathroom and bedroom. I was literally eyeing the toothbrush holder trying to decide whose toothbrush could be sacrificed so I could better accomplish my grout cleaning task. Absolute insanity. Then I calmed down a bit. Oh wait, did I mention I cleaned and removed my desk from our room, then set up the babies cradle, and hung the lovely canopy over it the same day. haha. insanity.

i need to make a list of things i need to get done before our homebirth check in a month. i would hate for our MW to show up and not see a clean house! which means... oh yeah... ill be shampooing the carpet this week i would hire someone, only i dont trust their soaps. and im so chemical crazy right now, i cant risk it.

im a nest builder x10. i was the same way during my last pregnancy. my whole last trimester is me obsessing over being prepared. which DH loves, because im lazy in real life.

Lauren , DH , DD 02/2007 and expecting #2 (12/7/10)! We
#3 of 10 Old 10-07-2010, 01:13 AM

Oh man, I really am hoping I get these urges sometime soon. I had a brief surge of energy one afternoon last week, and got a bunch of dishes and laundry done, but even then just getting out the vacuum cleaner sounded like overkill and not much fun.

All the baby stuff is stacked in a corner in our bedroom, and it's basically just clothes and the cloth diaper stash anyway. We're not getting a crib (just the Kanoe), haven't figured out a changing table yet (though we got the changing pad at my shower this weekend), and not really doing a nursery.

Partly this is because we are buying a house, and if it goes through we'll be moving in November. But still, I have had NO cleaning urges. I feel lazier than ever! I do daydream about crafting a lot. I spent two hours at Michael's today. But that's no different than how I was pre-pregnancy. I've dyed and painted a few onesies, sewn a little tunic dress, and sewn up some (like eight, not anywhere near enough) cloth wipes out of a thrifted receiving blanket.

Tell me I am going to get this urge to scrub baseboards with a toothbrush, please! I mean, it sounds crazy and honestly not like much fun, but I feel SO lazy because I just don't care if there are dustbunnies under the kitchen island!

mama to jasper (12-17-10) and theodora (11-13-12)

#4 of 10 Old 10-07-2010, 03:19 AM

Yeah, we are getting into nesting gear. My husband writing his last test for the summer semester today and then we have 2 months to go full steam.

We already had taken the wardrobe out of our bedroom to make space for our second futon. Our bedroom is just going to be futon. And now I am tracking down paint that is VOC free. I also want to sew some new curtains. And put up some shelves for DS's books.

I am also knitting/sewing like crazy and creating a crafting corner for DS as he gets into making all sorts of things now.

And I am starting with my 'spring cleaning' - organizing cupboards, packing away clothes we don't need, and sorting through messy drawers etc.

I'm going to start getting it all up on my blog.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#5 of 10 Old 10-07-2010, 03:54 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I did my nesting earlier this summer, clearing out enough space so that I could move my toddler out of our bed and make room for the baby. Now that that's done? Eh. I'd rather be out in the garden in the last bit of time before the snow comes.
#6 of 10 Old 10-07-2010, 08:40 AM

I've been steadily working on things, I guess. I would love to put all the baby's stuff in drawers, etc., but can't until DH fixes the drawers (we got a free changing table and dresser from our friends but none of the drawers work at the moment.)

Mostly I'm obsessed with my big to do list that I have taped on the fridge. The midwife at my appt. joked yesterday that if the baby comes out covered in post it notes, it won't be a surprise to anyone. Yesterday, DH ordered the carseats and we finished, completely finished, the landscaping!!!! That has been a 6 week project so it is wonderful to be done with that. 1 1/2 things to cross off the list!

Today I am going to continue sewing baby carriers... I have a few gauze wraps, a mei tai, and a pouch to go yet, and I"d like to finish them all in the next 2 weeks.

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#7 of 10 Old 10-07-2010, 11:36 AM

I so wish I had the urge to nest...all I have any interest in is sitting around and eating steak.

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#8 of 10 Old 10-07-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoraFlood View Post
I so wish I had the urge to nest...all I have any interest in is sitting around and eating steak.
that's me!!

Grace, happily married DH. Nathan h20homebirth.gif12.22.10 familybed1.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#9 of 10 Old 10-07-2010, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm going crazy looking at how dirty the house is but I don't have the motivation to do anything about it... I kind of miss DH being away because 3/4 of the mess in our bedroom is his! Every day the bump gets bigger it gets harder to do things. Now if only I had magical powers and could just wish the house clean.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#10 of 10 Old 10-07-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesoup View Post
Oh man, I really am hoping I get these urges sometime soon. I had a brief surge of energy one afternoon last week, and got a bunch of dishes and laundry done, but even then just getting out the vacuum cleaner sounded like overkill and not much fun.

All the baby stuff is stacked in a corner in our bedroom, and it's basically just clothes and the cloth diaper stash anyway. We're not getting a crib (just the Kanoe), haven't figured out a changing table yet (though we got the changing pad at my shower this weekend), and not really doing a nursery.

Partly this is because we are buying a house, and if it goes through we'll be moving in November. But still, I have had NO cleaning urges. I feel lazier than ever! I do daydream about crafting a lot. I spent two hours at Michael's today. But that's no different than how I was pre-pregnancy. I've dyed and painted a few onesies, sewn a little tunic dress, and sewn up some (like eight, not anywhere near enough) cloth wipes out of a thrifted receiving blanket.

Tell me I am going to get this urge to scrub baseboards with a toothbrush, please! I mean, it sounds crazy and honestly not like much fun, but I feel SO lazy because I just don't care if there are dustbunnies under the kitchen island!
I am right there with you, Lovesoup!! Last time I did nest closer to the end, but DH seems to be the crazy nester around here, I am just waiting for his nesting to kick in and then maybe I'll catch the urge.

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page