Hypnobabies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 10-07-2010, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When are you starting? What is your hypnobirthing experience, if you've had one yet?

I'd like to have a little group for those of us using it to share and discuss, anyone want to join me?

I think I'm going to start mine tonight. I used the home study CDs with my last pregnancy/birth and I'm going to use it again.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#2 of 27 Old 10-07-2010, 08:31 PM

i just got the book and cd and started reading. i'd love to discuss! i didn't use this with my previous birth, but am excited to give it a try this time.

Mama to two girls, born 5/08 and 11/10.

#3 of 27 Old 10-08-2010, 11:45 AM

ddcc - I started mine last week. Although not regularly - kind of hard with a 3 1/2 year old that goes to bed late, but I listen when I can. I do feel more relaxed and positive, so something is sinking in, even if I fall asleep!

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#4 of 27 Old 10-08-2010, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

summersmama, it sounds like you go the Hyponobirthing book with CD, yes? I had that with my first and while I enjoyed listening to it in pregnancy, it did nothing for me in birth. Hypnoababies is a whole childbirth ed course it can be homestudy or you can take classes if you have an instructor around. Hypnobirthing also offers classes, but they don't have a homestudy course as far as I know. I'm interested to hear how you like the Hypnobithing book and CD!

Lilymonster, did you use it with your last baby?

#5 of 27 Old 10-08-2010, 12:05 PM

I am doing hypnobirthing.
We've been listening to the cd daily, I listen to the affirmations in the car on my 30 minute commute with dd each morning and dp and I fall asleep to the rainbow relaxation each night.

I'm really into it and so is dp...it is exactly what I think we need for this birth.
We've been doing it for about the past two months. I also incorporate much of the affirmations and chakra stuff into my daily meditation.

My doula is a hypnobirthing instructor so we are working on a private homestudy together. I know there are classes but they aren't offered in my area...she lives 1.5 hours away.

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#6 of 27 Old 10-08-2010, 12:18 PM

I just got the homestudy course. I will probablly start it next week, when I go out on short term from work.
#7 of 27 Old 10-08-2010, 12:26 PM

So glad to see this thread! I got my Hypnobabies course materials yesterday in the mail. I've been using the sleep mp3 for several days now (I ordered the mp3 online and downloaded right away). I've read through the first course and will start the first cd today... Also waiting approval on Yahoo group!

Baby Lillian Isabelle, due early December
#8 of 27 Old 10-08-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post

Lilymonster, did you use it with your last baby?
no, I trusted my OB and was induced, had back labor, failed epi and ended with a c-section. So I am doing this for a VBAC

#9 of 27 Old 10-08-2010, 02:57 PM

I'm doing hypnobabies. I started around 26 weeks b/c I wanted to take 2 weeks for each class b/c I knew I wouldn't be able to do it everyday with also caring for my toddler. I really love it so far. The lady's voice is so calming and the affirmations have really made me feel so positive about this pregnancy--particularly my changing body!

#10 of 27 Old 10-10-2010, 07:12 PM

I originally started at 16 weeks, which was WAAAAAY too early, especially with a toddler to chase around. I'm now at 29 weeks and the new and improved plan is to start at 30 weeks, which seems more manageable to me. I loved it before, but didn't have the sense of urgency to motivate me to find time to listen every day. I love the idea of a mini-DDC for we hypnomamas to keep in touch, discuss and motivate each other!
#11 of 27 Old 10-11-2010, 03:06 AM

A friend gave me a burned copy of the Hypnobabies tracks on a data CD. I want to give it a listen soon, here. Is it possible to do it without the book to go with?

Fiona Rose  stillheart.gif12.25.10stillheart.gif

#12 of 27 Old 10-11-2010, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dichotomy View Post
A friend gave me a burned copy of the Hypnobabies tracks on a data CD. I want to give it a listen soon, here. Is it possible to do it without the book to go with?
Definitley, do you have the list of the order they go in? If not, I can pass it along. I loaned mine ot my sister and I'm just listening to my MP3 player, It's really all I did last time too, though this is my 3rd and I'm a birth doula so I didn't really need the childbirth ed info part of it. Anyway, yes, you can get teh hypnosis benefits without the book.

So I usually fall alseep pretty early in listening, but last night I managed to stay awake for most of Special Place. How do you guys feel about the part where you meet your baby, talk to the baby, show the baby around......it *really* creeped me out! I did not want to take my baby out or look at it, but I did imagine rubbing my belly and talking to the baby. I was just curious on other's opinions on this.

#13 of 27 Old 10-11-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:

So I usually fall alseep pretty early in listening, but last night I managed to stay awake for most of Special Place. How do you guys feel about the part where you meet your baby, talk to the baby, show the baby around......it *really* creeped me out! I did not want to take my baby out or look at it, but I did imagine rubbing my belly and talking to the baby. I was just curious on other's opinions on this.
I have a problem with it too, so I imagine the baby as a toddler. I have no idea why, but that is what I can do the easiest.

#14 of 27 Old 10-11-2010, 10:27 AM

I fall asleep also, but woke up when the part about putting baby back started and I was rather confused

#15 of 27 Old 10-11-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Definitley, do you have the list of the order they go in? If not, I can pass it along.

No, I dont have the list...just the burned CD. I'd definitely appreciate you passing that along!

I should probably get started on this sometime soon, seeing as Im 30 weeks today. Any advice as to how to progress with the tracks? Is there a certain way I should listen? Will the CD itself guide me through?

Fiona Rose  stillheart.gif12.25.10stillheart.gif

#16 of 27 Old 10-14-2010, 08:08 AM

I've done it and am doing maitenance now I usually listen after dd goes to sleep.
The yahoo group is a great resource: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hypnobabies/
Once you join, there's a file that shows the schedule you can use.

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

#17 of 27 Old 10-14-2010, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have just the tracks too, lol. I was supposed to start regular classes with my doula but she's been really slow on getting back to me.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#18 of 27 Old 10-14-2010, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

dicotomy, do you just have 1 CD? Are the tracks listed for you somehow? If it is Hypnobabies, there are like 7 CDs. There are 6 weeks of 2 tracks each and then 2 Birthing Day tracks and pregnancy and birth affirmations.

#19 of 27 Old 10-15-2010, 12:28 PM

What is totally bizarre is that there are six cds with two tracks each, but the tracks aren't in order of when you use them it helps to put together playlists so you have the right tracks with the right weeks. I think the book is pretty helpful if you can get one. I seriously cannot stay awake and have no idea what the tracks say without the book. There is also a quick reference book for birthing day.

#20 of 27 Old 10-15-2010, 03:55 PM

I'm in too! Got my Hypnobabies homestudy course and just loving it! It took me 2 weeks to get through week 1, so now I am at 29 weeks and starting week 2.

LOL, I found the bit about talking to your baby a bit odd too, I did not know what to say! Er, - Ok, baby, we love you, you are very wanted and we will take the best care of you that we can - was about all I could manage!

But I love the affirmations, they make me feel so much better! I am a bit of an anxious type so it is nice to hear that my baby is developing normally and healthily inside me and that my body is working perfectly. I am starting to believe it! I listen as I am cooking dinner and just love it! My husband now jokes that he even feels confident of being able to give birth naturally now!

Hardest part is staying awake... I also have the Sleep for All and it puts me right to sleep in minutes. Never heard the whole track! Unfortunately, the sound of her voice has that effect on me now. It took me 2 weeks to get through week 1 as I never heard it! Now I listen to the second half of the track (I skip the relaxation part) when cooking or cleaning so I can hear it, then I will go and listen to the full track properly at another time when I am feeling alert. And I listen in another room, not comfortably propped up on my bed! Managed to stay awake for most of "Learning Hypnosis" yesterday, so feeling good about this strategy!

But so far I love it - it makes me feel so good and happy and energetic! What a fabulous thing to learn how to do with your mind! I am getting really interested in this hypnosis thing for other areas of life too. I love the daily work and feel delighted to have this opportunity to learn!

Married to my best friend and delightedly expecting #1 (30 Dec 10)
#21 of 27 Old 10-15-2010, 06:54 PM

Those of you who are worried about falling asleep during tracks shouldn't be.
http://www.enjoybirth.com/faq-sleeping.html

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

#22 of 27 Old 10-15-2010, 10:04 PM

So glad you suggested I check out this thread Melek!

Im in week 3 of hypnobabies myself. Although, I wont lie, I have been slacking a bit. This week I have only done the cd once. but i do the finger drop several times a day, just for fun. haha. and listen to the affirmations almost every night. which i love too.

I too "fall asleep" every single time. I think I stayed "awake" only once in three weeks. Maybe twice. Today I did the anesthesia track and I was alert for maybe the first three minutes, did the finger drop and was OUT like a light and then randomly woke up again exactly 30 minutes later. The track had run out, but Im sure not more than a few seconds prior. Absolutely crazy.

Im hoping this tool will work for my "pressure waves" because we decided to go with the homebirth, which means, no amount of yelling and begging is going to get me any other form of pain reduction. heh.

It is definitely making me feel better in general. More relaxed, happier even. I am sure I will continue to incorporate hypnosis into my life after the baby is born. Anything that relieves stress so easily should definitely be a part of my life!

Lauren , DH , DD 02/2007 and expecting #2 (12/7/10)! We
#23 of 27 Old 10-16-2010, 01:08 AM

i was honestly thinking about buying the homestudy course for this birth. I'm not so sure that our budget will allow me to purchase it in time though. How many weeks ahead should I start it?

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#24 of 27 Old 10-16-2010, 09:03 AM

This will be my third time using hypnobabies. The first time I never completed the course and never really got into it. My second birth I did the work religiously (I even did each week for 2 weeks, starting earlier in my pregnancy) but still didn't use the actual techniques in active labor. I listened when things were still mild enough to lay down but once labor was rockin' and rollin' I just followed my instincts. I loved the course though because it was soooo relaxing and affirming in pregnancy.

I was suppose to (by my own deadline) begin the course this week (30 weeks) but it's so much harder this time with a cosleeping toddler. He really interrupts my ability to relax or concentrate on the scripts.

I'm not reading the booklet this time. It drove me insane last time with all the underlining and bolding and capitaliazation and SPELLING ERRORS!!!!!! I wish someone would edit and republish the booklet because it needs some help.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#25 of 27 Old 10-16-2010, 11:09 AM

Sleeping through is a good thing, but at some point, you need to know the cues! I find I wake up just as it is finishing also, which means I'm probably just deep in hypnosis (good thing!). If you do decide to order the home study, you can get it on Amazon with free shipping and no tax!! Saved me like $20 bucks... Also, join the yahoo group... Great resource and they were talking about a 20% off coupon.

#26 of 27 Old 10-16-2010, 06:42 PM

I joke with my midwife that I'm like Pavlov's dogs when I put on my hypnobabies ipod -- I fall asleep within 10 minutes. I'm getting iron infusions so I listen while I'm getting the infusion, and no matter what uncomfortable position I'm in, I sleep.

I have a friend on FB who is a doula and hypnobabies instructor and she said she's had many clients who fall asleep during class and still do great during birth!

I'm honestly excited to go into labor and see if I learned anything subconsciously!

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#27 of 27 Old 10-20-2010, 07:50 AM

I went to start my scripts this week and my ipod is dead. Dh, who is not currently living with us, has the charger. The cds are packed up somewhere in all the moving stuff, not to be found any time soon. Don't know what I'll do now.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page