A Strange Sleep Issue - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-11-2010, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel like I have restless body syndrome, or something.

Last night I went to bed around midnight and slept peaceful as pie until I woke up around 4 to pee. Then I went back to bed only to wake again around 5 because I could NOT get comfy. Cue tossing and turning and tossing and turning....for EVER. I couldnt relax to get back to sleep! The baby was practicing some crazy ninja moves at this time, so I dont know if that had anything to do with it or not, but it was ridiculous. I finally got out of bed and propped my back with pillows to see if that position helped. It didnt really, but I dozed that way for almost an hour before climbing back into bed.

The first time this happened (couple days ago) sleeping propped on my back on the couch seemed to solve the problem. Not this time.

Im really hoping this is just a fluke thing, and not a sign of third trimester sleeping issues that will continue...

Its so weird though. Cause Im not in pain...or anything like that. I just feel agitated, I guess, and cant relax to get back to bed!

Any other mamas have this trouble?

Fiona Rose  stillheart.gif12.25.10stillheart.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 10-11-2010, 08:37 PM

I am having a really hard time sleeping too, anything from restless legs to restless body to restless mind! The last 2 weeks have been horrible for sleep for me. I am fine if I go to sleep and stay asleep but when I wake up to pee or cause of one of the kids then I can't settle back to sleep. Taking Cal/Mag helps me ALOT, have you tried that? Also I take homeopathic Calmes Forts, that helps too.. ALl 4 of my kiddos before we horrible sleepers as babies so I figure this is my bodies way of prepping for another nursing non-stop baby

Mama to SDD (12), DD (8), DD (6), DD, (4), DS (3) and new little babe arriving Dec. We are in the process of building our cob home and homestead
#3 of 3 Old 10-11-2010, 08:45 PM

Yup, that's how it goes with me. Sometimes it's from the heartburn, sometimes I wake up with a start and my heart is racing and I can't settle. But mostly it's just like you described. I just can't make myself sleep. For no good reason. Even though I'm super tired.
And then I am so grumpy all day. I need sleep. It's driving me mad.
I do take cal mag and it does help. And I've posted about valerian root, which I'm considering taking.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page