Anyone else having a hard time? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 10-28-2010, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This will be ranty and TMI. Just warning.

I'm almost 33 weeks. I'm physically so much more miserable than I thought I could be at this point.

My pubic bone is splitting in half and my sciatica is going nuts.

I've had a recurrent yeast infection throughout this pregnancy (after never having a problem in ANY of my others) and this last bought was so bad I couldn't walk without wanting to cry from the pain. I was finally ready to get out the big guns and do a systemic drug like Diflucan but OF COURSE it's not approved for pregnancy. So I'm almost finished with a 2 WEEK course of nystatin that doesn't yet seem to have taken care of it entirely. Nothing else has worked and this is my last effort. All these great pregnancy hormones that make my libido amazing and I can't have sex.

I have heartburn COMING OUT MY EYEBALLS. It's the worst it has ever been in any of my pregnancy. Diet changes, eating less, zantac and tums won't touch it. I wake up at night choking on stomach acid. I have a sore throat from the acidity in my throat.

And it makes it so that I can't really drink water because the water rises into my throat and burns like hell. So I'm soooooo thirsty but can only have sips at at time. Which leads me to the next issue...

Constipation. All the meds and diet changes and dehydration and I'm soooo constipated. ***TMI*** I'm actually bleeding into the toilet when I go to the bathroom and it hurst awful. I'm miserable!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and I feel like I can't breathe most of the time. I'm so full up with baby that my lungs are just squished. It's awful.

I'm also working a lot, solo parenting, living with my parents and in the process of moving... so I'm suppose to be productive.

Shoot me now.

Anyone else need to vent? Let it all out?

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 10-28-2010, 12:22 PM

Sounds like my first pregnancy!

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#3 of 17 Old 10-28-2010, 12:38 PM

i am 34 weeks and in the last few days the pain has hit me hard. i have back pain, serious cramps in my calves, very sore feet and pain radiating down my inner thighs. at times i think i can feel my pelvic bones separating too. this has been non-stop for a few days, and it happens when i lie down, sit down, stand up, etc. the only thing that helps is a heating pad on my back, and an occasional foot rub (that i might be lucky to get) from my husband. i do not remember being hit so hard, so fast, with this kind of non-stop pain with my first pregnancy, although i do remember having some pain and being uncomfortable at the very end.

the only consolation: i keep telling myself my body is preparing for birth now (exciting!) and that once i give birth all this pain disappears. and i only have a few more weeks to go. i can make it!!

i sure hear you though! the end of pregnancy is so tough and hard to endure. it seems to drag on forever too when you are in pain. i hope you can find some relief in the these last few weeks.

Mama to two girls, born 5/08 and 11/10.

#4 of 17 Old 10-28-2010, 01:25 PM

Ditto on the pubic bone pain. Holy cow. Getting up to go pee in the middle of the night (multiple times) is becoming excruciating. Had a chiropractor appt. today, so hopefully, that helps.

Mostly I am miserable because of the heat. It is 90 degrees and humid today. And I am just DONE with it. I want to leave Florida and never, ever, return. I have been wearing shorts and tank tops since March, and we've had the a/c on pretty much steady since April, and I'm tired of it. I'm lucky, though, in that the I don't seem to have much of an issue with swelling, even with the yucky weather.

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#5 of 17 Old 10-28-2010, 01:35 PM

I feel ya on the yeast issues...I have been dealing with this since I got my BFP ... and I'm going to try some more monistat today. It totally sucks!!!!! I'm totally doing a week's course of diflucan after I give birth -- I can't take it anymore (part of my problem is I'm on steroids for asthma and makes me more prone to them).
#6 of 17 Old 10-28-2010, 02:19 PM

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes...

I'd never had heartburn before in my life until this pregnancy. That sensation of acid flowing up your throat is so wretched! It has woken me up too. I am taking papaya enzyme with basically every meal, especially because I eat a lot of things that I know aren't recommended for heartburn -- tomato sauce, orange juice, garlic and onions, lots of dairy... I was skeptical at first, but now it really does seem to make a difference. I also take some right before I lie down in bed.

Also the pubic bone splitting in half. Sometimes it feels like my tailbone is wobbling around in a very unstable manner too. Again, I don't think I had ever *felt* my pubic bone in my life until this pregnancy. I mean, I kind of knew it existed, but oh boy, now I know RIGHT where it is and how it moves when every other part of my body moves!

As for the constipation, I don't even know why it's so bad (no major med or diet changes here), but well, it is. It has been since almost the beginning. I take generic Colace every day, in double or triple the dose on the bottle. And Metamucil on top of that. It only barely seems to make any difference. My Mom recommended the "Smooth Moves" herbal tea, and I tried one mug of it without realizing it contained senna. It gave me such bad cramps I thought I was going into labor, and then I noticed the senna part and remembered you're not supposed to use senna while pregnant. I wish I had good advice -- maybe somebody else does, because I'm at a loss...

mama to jasper (12-17-10) and theodora (11-13-12)

#7 of 17 Old 10-28-2010, 02:51 PM

I'm sorry! s:
The constipation is back for me as well. It was bad in the first trimester, went away in the second and is now even worse than it was before. Not to mention my hemmorhoids are so flipping awful and painful I am so dreading when it hits that I have to go today (I have been averaging every other day) because I know it's going to hurt so bad.

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

#8 of 17 Old 10-28-2010, 04:52 PM

I've felt worse this time around also. Sucks.

My chiro recommended apple cider vinegar for my choking, awful disgusting heartburn, and its helps!! Its hard to get down, but worth it. I take about 1-2 tsp with some honey and a splash of water, warmed up, before bedtime by about 30 minutes.

I *think* it may help with the yeast in your body also, but I'm not sure.

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
#9 of 17 Old 10-28-2010, 05:31 PM

I am there with you all, and did anyone mention leg cramps at night?

For the yeast infection, my MW suggested excluding ALL kinds of sugar (that was hard!!), cider vinegar rinses, acidophilus twice daily orally and topically at night, just break the capsule up. I had a presistent mild YI for weeks/months, but once I applied myself, three weeks later, it's finally gone. The cider vinegar rinse, I think, is the crucial part. Good luck!

DS 12/2010 bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif
#10 of 17 Old 10-28-2010, 08:10 PM

I am sorry you feel so bad.

I am having some weird pain in my pelvis and leg. It isn't quite, but my right leg and right but cheek feel like they are on verge of falling asleep, it really is almost painful. I have to go down to all fours for momentary relief.

Yeah, and the hemorrhoids, I can't even use regular TP I have a nasty cold and have been taking so much vitamin C that constipation isn't a problem, luckily.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#11 of 17 Old 10-28-2010, 08:25 PM
myk

popping in from january's DDC.

i'm feeling awful right now. for the past 6 weeks i've been battling pneumonia. the amount of antibiotics i've needed has wiped the good stuff out of my bowels, and now i've got diarrhea. i'm totally turned off food because i'm also rather nauseated and as much as i try to keep hydrated, i'm fighting a losing battle half the time. which is resulting in braxton hicks contractions.. frequently. they were every 10-17 minutes yesterday for HOURS. as if that wasn't enough, i have a hemorrhoid that's the size of a large grape. when you're going to the bathroom every 15 minutes during the day, well.. sore doesn't cover it. i've used almost an entire package of baby wipes in the past 2 days. i've tried sitz baths, ice packs, anusol ointment, anusol suppositories, zinc diaper cream, and anusol hydrocortisone ointment. the last of which caused immediate and unbearable burning as if i had just slathered my bum with battery acid. i can't sit for more than 10 minutes (even then, it's a heavily padded chair or nothing!), i have a hard time walking (which also brings on the BH ctx) and what with me needing the bathroom so often, i've been confined to my house since sunday. the only time i've ever left is to go to the doctors.

and i have 10 weeks to go.

January 2011
#12 of 17 Old 10-28-2010, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
See my thread "stick a fork in me" a little ways down.

I am so freaking miserable and I am making everyone around me miserable too.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#13 of 17 Old 10-28-2010, 09:02 PM

Hugs to all you mamas! One thing that might be worth trying for yeast infections is garlic cloves. You peel a clove of garlic and make thin and shallow cuts in the clove with a knife and insert it in your vagina while you sleep. I have had a lot of success with it when not pregnant and don't see why it wouldn't work during pregnancy. Good luck!!
#14 of 17 Old 10-29-2010, 05:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
dddc from Feb..
wow, i *thought* i felt miserable, untiil I read everyone elses miserables, now I feel pretty danged good LOL

but .......ill still complain.

well i am only 24 weeks with these twins but the aching pelvis is making me so uncomfortable. i can only sit/stand/walk/breathe for 10 mins or less before i start having knives stab into my sides. dont get me started on my DISGUSTING DD boobs, omg I never knew boobs could grow so big. they are so heavy and i have to put powder underneath them everyday just to keep them dry ugh ugh gross.blech. i cant shave. dh is shaving me now. yeah, lets just say, yeah. i am hot hot hot

Quote:
Mostly I am miserable because of the heat. It is 90 degrees and humid today. And I am just DONE with it. I want to leave Florida and never, ever, return. I have been wearing shorts and tank tops since March, and we've had the a/c on pretty much steady since April, and I'm tired of it. I'm lucky, though, in that the I don't seem to have much of an issue with swelling, even with the yucky weather.
i live in south ga, near fl. i am so so DONE with this heat. I want to dive into alaska snow right now and melt it to the core. our air has been on since march/april.luckily, looks like a *cold* front is coming in tomorrow, thank God!!

i am so tired of crying. if someone looks at me wrong, i cry. i cry at cartoons, i cry at outside birds gathering for their young, and then..i yell. i yell at dh, i yell at the kids. blahdy blah. i feel like i need an excorism.

and sex.(whats that you say?) well...i WANT it but when i try to have it its not working out so well. probably because a 8 foot stomach is protruding from my body.

yeah i can whine with the best of ya, but i actually feel *better* reading some or your vents. of course, i am not 33 weeks with twins yet, so get back to me then for a longer, stronger whine. lol

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#15 of 17 Old 10-29-2010, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Ahhhh, a new day, a new discomfort.

I have a rib that started 'popping out' last time I was pregnant and I'd completely forgotten about that... until it started again today. So painful.

I'm also anemic apparently and the liquid herb iron isn't suppose to be constipating but I can't help bu think it's contributing. I know it tastes wonderful when it creeps back up my throat with the acid reflux.

Oh yeah, and my fat, swollen, sausage feet. Oy.

I should probably stop now... this complaining could be habit forming.

I did have dinner last night with my friend who just lost her son at 35 weeks though and I was so blessed to hear their story and it really reminded me to cherish the good things and to try to enjoy my last pregnancy. I'm going to try to stay in that mindset as much as possible.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#16 of 17 Old 10-29-2010, 11:32 AM

Apparently, I'm outside the norm...

But I'm cold. The weather is getting cool in N. Louisiana, and I'm cold.

I'm stressed out because DH just left for 6 months and stress gives me diarrhea (TMI, I know).

No heartburn, but now I don't really feel like cooking because there's no one to appreciate it. I could give my 4 year old copious amounts of bread and he'd be just fine.

I've had no swelling or anything. My 19 month old is pretty much sleeping through the night and now likes to sleep in! So that's great and I can go to bed early because DH isn't here to make me stay up watching TV or whatever.

But all I feel like doing is sleeping. I can't wait until my mom gets here in 5.5 weeks.

Doula and SAHM to Xander (4) and Lorelei (1.5). EC gave me courage to CD! Our children are intact. Our surprise 1st bio baby due Dec 2010!
#17 of 17 Old 10-29-2010, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeering View Post

I've had no swelling or anything. My 19 month old is pretty much sleeping through the night and now likes to sleep in! So that's great and I can go to bed early because DH isn't here to make me stay up watching TV or whatever.
I just night weaned ds 3 months ago and I can't even express how much I am loving sleeping through the night. I'm so sad to think I'll be going right back to all night parenting again in 8 weeks. It just feels too soon.

I'm sorry your hubby is gone. I solo parent so I know how hard that can be.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page