You Know You're Third Trimester When... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 10-29-2010, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Stealing from an old September thread. I hope they don't mind.

Hearing your DH/DP/OH/ect pee for more than 3 or 4 seconds reminds you how tiny your bladder is, especially if done while doing the 'potty dance' to drain your own 2 ounce bladder.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#2 of 40 Old 10-29-2010, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You spill large crumbs from a delicious sample at whole foods and "save it for later" on the shelf that your belly has become. I really enjoyed a snack on the drive home.
#3 of 40 Old 10-30-2010, 12:11 AM

These happened to me today:

You go out to eat and continuously drop your napkin because your lap just isn't big enough to accomodate such a thing any longer.

You seriously contemplate waking your DH up to ask him to tie your shoes because it's too cold for any other shoes (all your other 'winter' shoes are in the attic still) and you can hardly bend over long enough to tie them.

You, being hard-headed, insist you CAN tie them on your own then nearly pass out from lack of oxygen after doing it yourself.

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Mama to: Kaleb 9/12/2005 * Adeline 7/02/08 (born at home!) & 'Dot' EDD 12/23/2010
#4 of 40 Old 10-30-2010, 09:44 AM

When you walk - er, WADDLE - into the post office, the guy working there says, "Ahhh...you have The Walk" and then starts laughing.

(BTW, we have ongoing banter whenever I mail things, and he's a dad of twins...I wasn't offended, but I was a little sad that he is right.)

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#5 of 40 Old 10-30-2010, 09:50 AM

It's a successful night if you "only" get up 2x to pee

You roll around like a rotisserie chicken in an attempt to find a comfortable sleeping position... even though none exists.

You invest in an ugly, expensive pair of winter shoes but rationalize the purchase b/c you can slip them on!

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

#6 of 40 Old 10-30-2010, 10:21 AM

It's been at least a month since you've seen your vagina.

You choose to splurge on a pair of EMUs or Minnetonka's because they're warm and easy to put on! (Found some great ones on sale at endless.com with 20% of via Amazon Mom.com

Joy!
#7 of 40 Old 10-30-2010, 11:14 AM

You can no longer reach to cut your own toenails.
You have to pee everytime you stand up (or move).
Everytime you leave the house someone comments that you're about to pop. (or is that only me? No, thanks. I have 2 months left...)

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

#8 of 40 Old 10-30-2010, 02:11 PM

The most major thing I have noticed so far, just in the past two days, is that SOMEONE has taken over the real estate that my stomach once occupied. I am continually hungry, but can barely get down my lunch without feeling so stuffed I am almost sick.

When you drop something on the floor and tell yourself it's worth picking up because at least you get some extra squats in.

When you tell yourself that shaving your legs every other day is still a good thing, because it gives you a chance to do some bending and stretching.

When you start to having amazing posture at the dinner table, because that is the only way you can keep the baby from kicking your stomach long enough to try to eat

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#9 of 40 Old 10-30-2010, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

When instead of counting up every week you're counting down... and reminding yourself that babies don't have calendars in there. (3-7 weeks as of tomorrow!)

#10 of 40 Old 10-30-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellnurse View Post
You spill large crumbs from a delicious sample at whole foods and "save it for later" on the shelf that your belly has become. I really enjoyed a snack on the drive home.

How about personal grooming 'down there' becomes a hilarious comedy act? Things were getting out of control down there (well, I didn't see it anymore so I kinda forgot about it ) so I ended up standing on a step stool in front of my bathroom mirror with the clippers and DH thought it was pretty funny watching my precarious contortions. Imagine that cleanup? Argh! I think it's gonna be au naturel from here on in...

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#11 of 40 Old 10-30-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewheatchick View Post
The most major thing I have noticed so far, just in the past two days, is that SOMEONE has taken over the real estate that my stomach once occupied. I am continually hungry, but can barely get down my lunch without feeling so stuffed I am almost sick.

#12 of 40 Old 10-30-2010, 04:34 PM

When someone parks too close to your car door and you have to go around to the passenger door and take 5 minutes to contort and climb over the seats to the driver's seat. Thank goodness the passenger side had enough room next to it!
It was really not helpful to my pelvic joint pain, either.

Massage therapist and artist, wife to English DH since 2002, Mummy to Oliver Finn 10/20/07 and Eamon Anthony 12/2/2010
#13 of 40 Old 10-30-2010, 08:18 PM

When you wait on the couch for an extra five minutes after you really should be getting up for your DH to get up so that he can pull you out.
Or when you tie your five year olds shoes with her feet balanced on the kitchen table so you don't have to bend over to tie them.
And the crumb shelf. Absolutely. I drop half my dinner there ALL the time and then feel disgusting about it.
#14 of 40 Old 10-30-2010, 09:59 PM

You have to use the handicapped stall in public bathrooms because the regular smalls are too small for you to stand in while closing the door.

I learned this the hard way in a crowded bathroom during my first pregnancy. The door swung into the stall and I couldn't close it because my stomach was blocking it. I awkwardly said to the next person in line, "Guess I can't fit in there, huh..." and had to get back in line to wait for the larger stall.

#15 of 40 Old 10-30-2010, 11:33 PM

cutting dd's toenails after her bath yesterday...major production, her and I had to try 5 different positions before I could do it without being so short of breath that I was going to pass out. She thought it was fabulously funny.

my own toenails haven't been cut in about as long as it's been since I've seen my vagina...it's just not worth the effort.

when I choose to wear shoes that don't require socks, even when it's cold and raining because I'm too proud to ask dp for help putting my socks on.

and yes, everywhere I go, everyone I see has to mention that I must be getting close now...and can't fathom that I have 8 weeks left.

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#16 of 40 Old 10-31-2010, 12:20 AM

DH knows you are going to attempt some shaving in the shower, so he shows up to offer to help, just in case you need it.....and you do.

your 4 yo needs you to help her with something so she appologizes and offers her assistance in helping you get up.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#17 of 40 Old 10-31-2010, 03:01 AM

...you're charting in the hall at the hospital and a family member walks by that you don't even recall meeting and says "Yeah, there's no WAY you're lasting till Christmas!"

Jess ~ RN & student CNM, Blogger (see profile), wifey to T-Rav & momma to sons Buggy ~7/04 & Newt ~1/08 & Tad 6/19/09 & Con-man 1/11!  <3
#18 of 40 Old 10-31-2010, 04:27 AM

ddcc

you fall asleep on the toilet

You declare that anything below your belly is either clean or shaven (no matter what it really looks like)

Mandy, Mama to three wildfire girls and another little one on the way. Due 1/30/13

#19 of 40 Old 10-31-2010, 02:50 PM

#20 of 40 Old 10-31-2010, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

The pain of walking through the grocery store is lessened a bit on those awesome occasions when your cravings are on sale. 40 cents off Bluebell Ice Cream!

#21 of 40 Old 10-31-2010, 07:18 PM
myk

DDCC

you go anywhere and the braxton-hicks are uncomfortable enough that you slow down.. and scare the living hell out of bystanders who start reaching for their cell phones.. and THEN ask you if you're in labour.

January 2011
#22 of 40 Old 10-31-2010, 09:22 PM

When you have 4 errands to do and it is just you and the two little boys.
You do one and give up and go home.. and then contemplate putting the boys to bed at 5 pm because you are DONE!

But that is one less thing that has to be done later!
#23 of 40 Old 10-31-2010, 09:25 PM

your house is a mess because if you can't pick it up with your toes, it doesn't get picked up

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#24 of 40 Old 11-01-2010, 02:13 PM

When you take your kids trick or treating around your subdivision via following them in the car because you know walking 3 miles is totally out of the question at this point.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#25 of 40 Old 11-01-2010, 03:03 PM

...your shoelaces come untied and you don't care that your husband has to re-tie them for you like you're a 2 yr old.

...you shout out "OH!" in random public places b/c the kid has just stomped on your ribcage.

...you feel like you have UTI/bladder infection b/c the kid has just headbutted your pee receptacle.

...you start to feel like a character in "Alien".

Our Tiger Cub arrived 12/29/10
#26 of 40 Old 11-01-2010, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

you're currently thinking of a code word for 'I think I'm in labor' because your DH freaks out every time you say ouch or start acting differently.

#27 of 40 Old 11-01-2010, 05:51 PM

You start to honestly wonder how you will be able to get through the cold months because you can't reach your feet to put on socks.

Your daily schedule is:
pee
clean something that doesn't need to be cleaned
pee
sneak a piece of chocolate
pee
clean something else that doesn't need to be cleaned
pee
panic about how little time you have to finish cleaning things that don't need to be cleaned
*repeat*
ashleybrook likes this.

#28 of 40 Old 11-02-2010, 07:25 PM

you go seat down at Mcds
and your belly knocs your food to the flour

loving wife of 10 years, stay at home mom to
Sam 05 Isaac 06 Melody 08Baby #4 2010
#29 of 40 Old 11-02-2010, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
People stop telling you how good you look and instead tell you how big you look.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#30 of 40 Old 11-02-2010, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Also-- and I can't believe this one myself-- making the new Harry Potter movie on 11/19 seems a lot less important than it did three months ago.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page