What baby item could you not live w/out? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 11-01-2010, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My registry is SO bare and my shower is quickly approaching. But, it's my 3rd baby so I don't need much. And I now realize how little you really do need. But, maybe there is something I haven't had the luxury of having that I should add to my registry?

So...what could you not live without?

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Mama to: Kaleb 9/12/2005 * Adeline 7/02/08 (born at home!) & 'Dot' EDD 12/23/2010
#2 of 12 Old 11-01-2010, 01:54 AM

well i've only had one so far (soon to be 2), but honestly the baby swing was a life saver for me. when i needed a rest and she was upset for some reason i couldn't always figure out, that swing almost ALWAYS did the trick. she would fall asleep in it really well too, unlike being laid down somewhere else.

i also could not live without a breast pump.

Mama to two girls, born 5/08 and 11/10.

#3 of 12 Old 11-01-2010, 07:53 AM

a baby carrier that works for you...that you LOVE and could wear ALL the time...
#4 of 12 Old 11-01-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redclover View Post
a baby carrier that works for you...that you LOVE and could wear ALL the time...
I agree with you! A baby carrier is the only item I would want, especially since this is your third

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

#5 of 12 Old 11-01-2010, 10:27 AM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I also agree with the baby carrier suggestion. I couldn't live without my carriers.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#6 of 12 Old 11-01-2010, 11:43 AM

Yup, I was going to say baby carrier too. Boobs and a carrier and you're all set.
You can always add little onesies and things to the registry. Little toys. People love ot buy those things.
And a car seat is a must too. Strollers can be good when they get heavier. And it's always fun picking out a diaper bag and wet bag etc.
I like those little sleep positioners for when baby comes in bed with me, so I don't worry so much about them rolling off their back etc. Plus it feels like a little protected area for baby. Makes me feel less nervous anyway. A lightweight sleepsack is awesome too. Flannel blankets. Little hats. Socks. People will buy those things first on a registry.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#7 of 12 Old 11-01-2010, 11:45 AM

I still have all of my carriers, diapers and clothes so I am asking for:

Carseat (my youngest will be almost 5 when baby is born)
Stroller
Swing

I think that's all I need, though I didn't have a swing with #1 it was nice with #2. I could have lived without it though.

*OOps wrong ddc!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#8 of 12 Old 11-01-2010, 01:22 PM

Baby Carrier, little hats, and Nowali shoes

HTH, and have a fun shower!

Loving Mom to DD (09/06) and dear friend to DH expecting numero dos en 12/14/2010 hoping for and lots of
#9 of 12 Old 11-01-2010, 06:42 PM

Baby carrier, lanolin cream and swaddle blankets.

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

#10 of 12 Old 11-02-2010, 04:08 PM

Can't live without my boppy and my breast pump, as well as my Bravado nursing bras. Can you register for bras?
This is my third, too, and my aunt asked me for "one big thing that we need" and the only thing I can think of is a swing (sold the last one, thinking we were done.....)
Do you need a high chair, after the first one went through two kids? New carseat or a pack-n-play?
#11 of 12 Old 11-02-2010, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
If we were having a shower/gifts, I totally would have asked for our double Chariot and our carseat, which were pretty much the only big things we needed.
Those insanely cool highchairs (ah! name escapes me!) that convert into lovely grown up wooden chairs after being used for both infants and toddlers as they grow are super cool.
We use the heck out of our sheepskins and bouncy chair (so I can shower!), but they don't really wear out, so maybe you still have yours. Padraigs? Safe bath toys (like the natural rubber ducks from Rich Tree Frog)? We have one of the reversible BabySoy hoodies in the smaller size (0-6 mos, I think?), and dd literally wore it from birth (sleeves rolled up a bit!) until she was almost one, and then we got the next size up! They're great.
Have fun at your shower. Very cool that you're getting one with #3.

For greater things are yet to come...

#12 of 12 Old 11-02-2010, 07:01 PM

Moby wrap.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page