November chat! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 54 Old 11-10-2010, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am due dec 1st.

I just found out that I can't have a vbac here in my own town. I I want one I have to go into vancouver. thats the closest place. but that would mean I would have to find a place to stay for at least a month. and my youngest son is in school and there is none to leave him with. We don't have money to rent a place for a short while and staying with  family would just be too complicated. I want to so much and dp is dissapointed also. but I am stuck in this terable place. I have no choices.

I am jut praying I will find some peace with this. should have my baby next week.

mama to Alex 20 Briana 16 Cory 10 and Jade 3Tubes tied and regret it
#32 of 54 Old 11-12-2010, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Still waiting for DH to get his phone back.  I got a quick 2 minute call yesterday (he called from someone else's phone) but not much came across except for the really important stuff.  I'm still pregnant and doing well, his sister had her baby (he was very relieved it was a girl), the flights home are in the middle of next week, and he was really really worried.  I'm still not sure if I'm going to tell him about my pre-labor stuff when he calls back.  Its not serious and he doesn't need more to worry about.

I am feeling quite a bit more than I was this time last week though.  Crampy-ness (might be gas), small bursts of 5-6 quick succession braxton hicks contractions, pressure down below, ect.  I think he keeps flipping from anterior to posterior too.  Some days I'll only feel a butt off to the right, some days I can feel his feet up front on my left and no butt on the right.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#33 of 54 Old 11-13-2010, 06:07 PM

How terrible would it be to skip the 36 weeks appointment?  It's Thanksgiving week, and I have a bunch of stuff going on, including a baby party (like a shower, but not with gifts).  And I have to travel to the next town by plane to go to an appointment (even though it's only 15 min).  Which is a pain, and if it snows, I get stuck and maybe can't come home for Thanksgiving.  Why do they want to see me every week anyway?

#34 of 54 Old 11-15-2010, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

I just figured out the most awesome day to have a baby in December.  December 21st.

1. The Full Moon.

2. The Winter Solstice (and Yule for those who celebrate it)

3. TOTAL LUNAR ECLIPSE!  Its going to be visible throughout the US and Canada.  Its not as awesome as a solar eclipse but the moon will disappear behind the Earth's shadow.  (I guess during this the moon will appear dark red or something?)  Wikipedia says it starts at 11:27 PM Central* on the 20th and lasts about 5 and a half hours, peaking at 2:17 AM Central on the 21st.

*starting 9:27 PM Pacific, 10:27 PM Mountain, 11:27 PM Central, 12:27 AM Eastern,

peaking at 12:17 am Pacific, 1:17 am Mountain, 2:17 am Central, 3:17 am Eastern,

& ending at 3:06 AM Pacific, 4:06 AM Mountain, 5:06 Central, and 6:06 Eastern*

Its past 42 weeks for me but I guess I could ask an induction to get delayed to the afternoon/night of the 20th if I'm still pregnant.  After all, what doctor would want to do an induction on a weekend?  Hehe.

#35 of 54 Old 11-15-2010, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Speaking of dates, I am hoping for Dec 12th - DD's bday is 11/11 so I think it would be cool if her brother's was 12/12 :)

Mama to Ellie (11/11/05) and Owen, born 12/12/10 - a successful VBAC!
#36 of 54 Old 11-15-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post

I just figured out the most awesome day to have a baby in December.  December 21st.

That's actually my EDD if calculated by date of conception (which I can be fairly certain about because of IUI). I love it!

mama to jasper (12-17-10) and theodora (11-13-12)

#37 of 54 Old 11-15-2010, 11:26 AM

I am due Dec 21st but there is no way I will still be pregnant then with my history and also fact that I am already having signs!.. mind you I could eat my words :)

I was super excited to be due on the Solstice.. I also think Solstice would be a cute baby name orngbiggrin.gif

Mama to SDD (12), DD (8), DD (6), DD, (4), DS (3) and new little babe arriving Dec. We are in the process of building our cob home and homestead
#38 of 54 Old 11-15-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corysmilk View Post

I am due dec 1st.

I just found out that I can't have a vbac here in my own town. I I want one I have to go into vancouver. thats the closest place. but that would mean I would have to find a place to stay for at least a month. and my youngest son is in school and there is none to leave him with. We don't have money to rent a place for a short while and staying with  family would just be too complicated. I want to so much and dp is dissapointed also. but I am stuck in this terable place. I have no choices.

I am jut praying I will find some peace with this. should have my baby next week.

We must live close by! We are on the island! Cowichan Valley :)

Mama to SDD (12), DD (8), DD (6), DD, (4), DS (3) and new little babe arriving Dec. We are in the process of building our cob home and homestead
#39 of 54 Old 11-15-2010, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am on the sunshine coast. Sechelt. not that sunny today BRR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmom View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by corysmilk View Post

I am due dec 1st.

We must live close by! We are on the island! Cowichan Valley :)

mama to Alex 20 Briana 16 Cory 10 and Jade 3Tubes tied and regret it
#40 of 54 Old 11-15-2010, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

I had to restart my computer so I lost my entire post.

I'm having one of those days again.  "BH" contractions for about the last 6 hours.  I tried ignoring them, that didn't work.  I tried taking a bath... that temporarily worked but they came back while I was still in the tub.  Now I'm trying to drown them by drinking water.  I don't want to have a baby yet!  My DH doesn't come home until Thursday.  I don't even know what real contractions are supposed to feel like.  These are a little in my back and across the bottom of my bump like a band from hipbone to hipbone and they're actually pretty uncomfortable.  My last 'episode' didn't feel like my body was actually trying to do something.  These also have a more definite start and end.  I can feel it tightening up, holding on for a few seconds, then slowly letting go again (probably a total of 10-15 seconds).  They're irregular but they are still kinda close together.

I started feeling more mentally ready today about having a newborn around but I hope the baby isn't taking that too seriously.  I didn't mean I wanted him to show up *now*!  Give me a week to prepare...

If anything else happens I'll be sure to update.  If I don't update and no one updates on my behalf then nothing has happened and I've gone to bed.

Add:  Morning is here... still pregnant.  It feels like they may have stopped for a while. thumb.gif

#41 of 54 Old 11-16-2010, 12:06 AM

Ladies, I just have to comment...  We're halfway through November!  I am SO excited to be meeting my little one soon!  I can hardly stand it. 

Laura, mama to J (15), N (12), E (9) , M (6), and our little caboose, R (3).
#42 of 54 Old 11-16-2010, 06:35 PM

Arg! Heartburn!!!! Ah!!!!! I think I've downed half a bottle of papaya enzymes in the past 12 hours. Nothing is helping! A constant influx of food is somewhat helpful, but not really, 'cause there's only so much a stomach can hold! I've only had random, short lived bouts of heartburn before this. Those of you who have been dealing with this forever have my utmost sympathies. Ugh.

In other news, babe has gotten his butt in gear and turned himself around. I'm still a little puzzled about the lie. If I didn't know better, I'd think there were two in there - one transverse and the other vertex. But, it's just one, and he was of a normal human shape when we saw him on the ultrasound, so I guess he's just a contortionist or super squashed or something. The important thing is that the head is down and the butt is up though, so I'll just count my blessings. :)

Brandy - how goes the bedrest?! And the babe?

These next few weeks can NOT go by fast enough. I am feeling DONE. Done. Except I still need to get some cheap shower curtains for our bed, and borrow all the stuff I've got lined up to borrow (like, you know, the doppler and the birth tub and the not-good sheets...). But, still, mostly d.o.n.e. Not that I'm not super, super grateful to be pregnant. And I will miss feeling movement, but mostly, I'm ready to meet this child face to face.

ps-a good friend of mine attended my last birth while she was 34 weeks pregnant with her second. And she checked me and held my cervical lip out of the way, etc, etc, while I was pushing away in a space about two feet square on the floor between our bed and the wall. I have a whole new respect. My first pregnancy was a LOT more comfortable than this one has been.

For greater things are yet to come...

#43 of 54 Old 11-17-2010, 07:36 AM

BAD heartburn for me too!  This has really been helping:  2 tsp apple cider vinegar with 2 tsp honey or maple syrup in a small glass of water= relief!

5 more weeks to go and I have so much to get done!  I am trying to get through it all in the next three weeks though, so I feel like time is really running out.  I would really like to not have anything to do for the last week or so of pregnancy.  On the other hand I am really wanting to meet this babe and be done with the pregnancy,  whether I get things done or not.  Just so long as I make it to December orngtongue.gif

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#44 of 54 Old 11-21-2010, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

So bored.  I sterilized my breastpump today so I could try it out (and possibly bring on some contractions).  I probably should have limited it to 10 minutes cause I'm a little sore now but I did manage a whole ounce and a half of colostrum!!

#45 of 54 Old 11-21-2010, 12:57 PM

Wow, I'd be too afraid to set myself into labour to try that, kudos, WoA! Things have been a little crazy around here, unfortunately DH's mother passed away yesterday, she had lung cancer greensad.gif so poor DH has been on an emotional rollercoaster and we're trying to sort out the grief, funeral plans etc while nesting and preparing for the baby. I think it's been good for DH to focus on nesting, to take his mind off losing his mom, but I can see the grief on his face at quiet moments and it's hard. The funeral is Thursday coming and it's 3 hrs away by car, so it will be hard for me, I swelled up last week when we went to visit, but better that than go into labour and have DH miss his mother's funeral, that makes me nervous!! So hopefully baby stays put at least til next Friday?

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#46 of 54 Old 11-22-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbear'smama View Post

...unfortunately DH's mother passed away yesterday, she had lung cancer greensad.gif so poor DH has been on an emotional rollercoaster and we're trying to sort out the grief, funeral plans etc while nesting and preparing for the baby. I think it's been good for DH to focus on nesting, to take his mind off losing his mom, but I can see the grief on his face at quiet moments and it's hard.

Wow, that is really hard.  I am so sorry for your loss and sending you and your husband peaceful energy.  It's sad that your MIL was unable hang on a bit longer and meet her grandchild.  Not sure if this is relevant to your belief system but perhaps the timing indicates a guardian spirit for your little one.  I hope that you and your family find ways to grieve and adjust during this difficult time.

Mama~Blogger~Artist~Homemaker. Family = DH (married 6 years), baby Elinor, and our puppy Frances.
novaxnocirc.gif    dog2.gif  homebirth.jpg    mdcblog5.gif

#47 of 54 Old 11-22-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gucci&Granola View Post

Not sure if this is relevant to your belief system but perhaps the timing indicates a guardian spirit for your little one. 

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts. I would not have thought of the guardian spirit aspect of her passing, but I think it is a beautiful concept and will give DH a lot of comfort, I will definitely mention this to him. It has been tough for him knowing she won't meet the baby.

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#48 of 54 Old 11-23-2010, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

grouphug.gif  (Where are all the hug smilies?)

I just got a call from my dad.  My mom might not be flying down here for me (she was supposed to stay a month starting Thursday) because she fell.  They're on the way to the hospital so they don't know how badly she is hurt yet but it doesn't sound like she'll be able to make it (she thinks she re-collapsed her lung and re-broke her leg).  DH gets 10 days off for paternity leave when the baby is born but he's going to go back working tons of overtime afterward because they are preparing everything for deployment.  Just when I thought I had all my pre-birth fears out of the way...

#49 of 54 Old 11-24-2010, 02:05 AM

Quote:
I just got a call from my dad.  My mom might not be flying down here for me (she was supposed to stay a month starting Thursday) because she fell.  They're on the way to the hospital so they don't know how badly she is hurt yet but it doesn't sound like she'll be able to make it (she thinks she re-collapsed her lung and re-broke her leg).  DH gets 10 days off for paternity leave when the baby is born but he's going to go back working tons of overtime afterward because they are preparing everything for deployment.  Just when I thought I had all my pre-birth fears out of the way...

Oh no! I really hope your mom is ok and that she'll be able to be there with you. I can't imagine facing your husband's deployment with a new baby. Of course, you seem like a really strong person and I'm sure you can handle it, but it's always nice to have all the help and support you can get. I'll be thinking of you!!

#50 of 54 Old 11-24-2010, 02:06 AM

Quote:
...unfortunately DH's mother passed away yesterday, she had lung cancer greensad.gif so poor DH has been on an emotional rollercoaster and we're trying to sort out the grief, funeral plans etc while nesting and preparing for the baby. I think it's been good for DH to focus on nesting, to take his mind off losing his mom, but I can see the grief on his face at quiet moments and it's hard.

I am so sorry to hear your news. How difficult for your husband and for you! I imagine the baby will be a great source of comfort for both of you...

#51 of 54 Old 11-24-2010, 05:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by soglad View Post

Oh no! I really hope your mom is ok and that she'll be able to be there with you. I can't imagine facing your husband's deployment with a new baby. Of course, you seem like a really strong person and I'm sure you can handle it, but it's always nice to have all the help and support you can get. I'll be thinking of you!!

Well nothing is broken.  My dad doesn't want her to come now (both him and my DH are terrible worriers) but she says nothing is going to stop her. thumb.gif

Oh and if I don't see you gals again in the next few days, Happy Thanksgiving!  i wonder if we'll have any turkey babies...

#52 of 54 Old 11-27-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soglad View Post

I am so sorry to hear your news. How difficult for your husband and for you! I imagine the baby will be a great source of comfort for both of you...

Thanks, I think so, too. And I told him what G&G said and I really do think it made him feel better. The funeral was Thursday and it was hard, of course but I think DH is glad to have baby to focus on at this point. He will bring some joy to the family this Christmas amidst their sorrow.

#53 of 54 Old 11-27-2010, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

We don't really use this monthly chat, do we?  My hips are really bugging me tonight.  I had some lower back cramps (like PMS) but I think they've stopped.  My DH laid out some clothes cause he thinks the baby is going to be born tomorrow.  I hope not, tomorrow is my dad's birthday.  I want my LO to have their own birthday...

#54 of 54 Old 11-29-2010, 12:06 PM

WOA My DH is freaking out because my MIL's birthday is the 15th and my c/s is scheduled for the 16th. He wants to change it but we have SIL's birthday and then Christmas so nothing's making him happy. I hope baby gets here in the next couple weeks anyway. I saw the chiro today and he wants me to do acupressure points three times a day from now on. I'm so excited but nervous.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page