November chat! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 54 Old 11-01-2010, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes. Its that second greatest of months, November. Its only a little after midnight here but the excitement is just too much. This month full term will be upon us, cervixes will prepare, prodromal labor will drive us crazy, and babies will be born. The end is drawing near for some of us. Only 9 days left before 37 weeks is reached by the front of this DDC. Even being at the front end of the DDC (December 5th) it seems like its too soon, MUCH too soon. I can't have a baby in 13 days! Dude better stay in there at least 21 more days...

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 bouncy.gif   Pregnant with #2, hoping for a  stork-girl.gif 

#2 of 54 Old 11-01-2010, 02:55 AM

NOVEMBER

I love November, my DD's 5th birthday is this week, my sister is due in 10 days, and I love fall!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#3 of 54 Old 11-01-2010, 01:30 PM

I second the love of fall. We had a great Halloween night. My four year old was a cute kitty cat, and we enjoyed a night at the zoo. I loved watching her dance!

I still feel like the baby's due date is far off. I can not wait to meet our new family member

Loving Mom to DD (09/06) and dear friend to DH expecting numero dos en 12/14/2010 hoping for and lots of
#4 of 54 Old 11-01-2010, 01:39 PM

I have 4-6 weeks left. I can't wait! We just had our maternity/family portraits done on Saturday. It was such a perfect beautiful fall day.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#5 of 54 Old 11-01-2010, 02:09 PM

We just had our belly shots done last week too! In a park with beautiful fall leaves and on the playground. It was a lot of fun, I can't wait to see the proofs!

mama to jasper (12-17-10) and theodora (11-13-12)

#6 of 54 Old 11-01-2010, 04:09 PM

We had a GREAT Halloween too! But I WAY overdid it!!!! Walked 2.5 hours with the kids..long driveways..rural area! And I feel it today, my pelvis is on fire!! YIKES!
I am counting down too! Since I have had 4 babies born between 36.5 and 38 weeks I know I don't have too long to go! I figure I have about 4 weeks even though my duedate isn't until Dec 21st. My babes are well cooked and good sized early, my first was the earliest too, 36.5 weeks weighing 7.12... and my 4th was 36 weeks 6 days weighing 7 lbs.
We are laying our hydronic tubes on our floor of our cob home tomorrow and next weekend we are starting the cob floor! So we are getting closer to being in our home every week! Still don't know that we will make it before little one arrives but I am still super excited!v

Mama to SDD (12), DD (8), DD (6), DD, (4), DS (3) and new little babe arriving Dec. We are in the process of building our cob home and homestead
#7 of 54 Old 11-01-2010, 04:35 PM

We had a fun Halloween! We took DS trick or treating for the first time and he had a blast. I had DH paint a pumpkin on my belly and that's as far as I got for a costume. We bought a bunch of candy to hand out to trick or treaters, because I thought we would have some when we got back. I guess everyone was trick or treating at the same time we were, because by the time we got back no one came to our house. I cannot believe how fast pregnancy is going and how soon my due date is coming up. I am not feeling ready, I hope I have at least 6 or 7 more weeks and the baby doesn't decide to come early. Especially since my mom will be out of the country until the end of November. I would like her nearby when the baby is born. I am really wanting to enjoy these last weeks of pregnancy, more than I have been able to enjoy my pregnancy so far. It has been emotionally difficult for me. Right now, I am feeling sick, I have a cough that hurts and a sore throat, and am not sleeping well. I am hoping that DH and DS don't catch it from me, and that I will be better quickly, instead of it getting worse. I am feeling wistful about having only about a month left as the mother of one, I just have a little bit of time left with just me and my boy. I am also feeling kind of sad that this my be my last pregnancy, but who knows. Maybe not.

Maria, wife to DH, mama to DS 09/2007, #2 12/2010 and hoping for a
#8 of 54 Old 11-02-2010, 03:48 AM - Thread Starter

Does anyone else have a sore cervix? It felt a little weird so I checked it and just barely pressing on it made it really sensitive for about 5 minutes afterward. Its not painful or anything, it kind of actually feels good (if you know what I'm talking about ). Its just kind of throwing me for a loop! I think the baby hit it pretty hard this evening but the physical reaction after the initial pain wore off isn't what I expected!

#9 of 54 Old 11-03-2010, 12:52 AM

I've been getting sharp, shooting pains thru my cervix from time to time. I'm assuming it's Connor poking me or something of the sort.

I saw the midwife today...all is going well, baby sounds good, I'm doing well, and I actually LOST 2 lbs between this visit and last...don't know how that happened. I'm right at the 10-lb gain mark, so I'm thinking that a 15-lb gain might actually happen for me!

I can't believe it's November.

Jess ~ RN & student CNM, Blogger (see profile), wifey to T-Rav & momma to sons Buggy ~7/04 & Newt ~1/08 & Tad 6/19/09 & Con-man 1/11!  <3
#10 of 54 Old 11-03-2010, 04:21 AM

Had my belly pics done a while back, still need to coordinate a time to get the album.

Had my appt today and baby is breech, 34 weeks now. Joy.

Leaving on a plane from LAX to NYC in less than 7 hours and I am still packing!

Good times!

I can't wait for Thanksgiving week. DH will not have to travel for work again until January!
#11 of 54 Old 11-03-2010, 09:32 AM

Well ladies...i started having contractions again monday and so while i was at my appointment my doctor did a nst and sure enough i was havin g back to back contractions. so i had to stay in the hospital last night and have brethrine and magnisium pumped into me. i didn't get out until 5 last night and i went in at 5 monday night. i'm now having to take the brethrine by mouth every 4 hours until i hit 36 weeks...and i'm onbed rest until she shows up. i fear we'll have a vry early delivery and by my 36weeks i'll have my little one in my arms. i hope evryone else is doing good!! Oh i'm dil. 1cm 40% effaced and she's at -2 station...

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#12 of 54 Old 11-03-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brichole1214 View Post
Well ladies...i started having contractions again monday and so while i was at my appointment my doctor did a nst and sure enough i was havin g back to back contractions. so i had to stay in the hospital last night and have brethrine and magnisium pumped into me. i didn't get out until 5 last night and i went in at 5 monday night. i'm now having to take the brethrine by mouth every 4 hours until i hit 36 weeks...and i'm onbed rest until she shows up. i fear we'll have a vry early delivery and by my 36weeks i'll have my little one in my arms. i hope evryone else is doing good!! Oh i'm dil. 1cm 40% effaced and she's at -2 station...
Thinking of you! I had some pretty serious contractions (consistent and painful) after walking a couple miles on Halloween but things seem to have subsided now. I think we all need o take it very easy this last month to avoid early labor. Do the Drs know why you are starting early labor?

Today I have my 35 week final homebirth evaluation for clearance and then my MW can legally deliver me at home anytime after 36 weeks so I am feeling pretty good today

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

#13 of 54 Old 11-03-2010, 01:07 PM

brichole, I hope you're able to keep that little one in there.

I had a really bad episode of ctx last week. No idea what brought it on but it was the worst episode I've had in any pg. I'm trying to take it easy for the next 4 weeks. Yesterday my chiro was insistent that I was going to go early (I never gave him any info about my ctx, previous births etc). Not sure why he thought that but I'm carrying a lot lower than usual.

#14 of 54 Old 11-04-2010, 03:19 AM

33w3d today!! I have titled November as 'Nesting November'. I made a detailed to-do-list for the month: washing the diapers, clothes, and just everything!, sterilizing bottles, getting herbal blends ready, you KNOW!!

Working is getting harder, well everything is getting harder, so humbling!! My last baby shower is the 14th and then I gotta stock up on whatever I didn't get. Still gotta order my birth tub.

Of course I have had several women at work delivering at like 35-36 weeks. Totally stressed me out! I really am attached to my due date, I know that is crazy but I REALLY hope I deliver on the 21st.....time will tell. Sending you all good vibes, especially Miss Brichole. Gonna post my first belly shot pix now..fun stuff!!

Owlgirl w/ life partner of 7 years & Nadia Avani 12/18/10.
#15 of 54 Old 11-04-2010, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

I have a new niece or nephew on the way! My mother-in-law just called to tell me that my sister-in-law's water broke and they're headed up to the hospital. I'm gonna be an auntie again!!

#16 of 54 Old 11-04-2010, 11:32 AM

There are 3 FT employees in dh's office, which covers a very large region. I just found out this morning that a coworker's wife has a c-section scheduled for 11/29, so MY baby had better stay put for *at least* a week or two after that. Which he should, since I'm due about 3 weeks later and I've yet to go early (:::knock on wood::

Dh worked some crazy hours last month, so I've really fallen behind with routine household stuff, let alone any baby preparations. I'm really hoping he's home for full weekends this month so we can divide and conquer!

The way the calendar and schedules have worked out for Nov., I have 3 mw appointments (one done on the 1st), plus another growth ultrasound. It's a busy baby month!

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)

#17 of 54 Old 11-04-2010, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Brandy - how's that belly holding up? I hope that babe is staying put for a little while yet!

It's so surreal to think that we *could* have babies now. And they'd likely be fine. I want them to stay put and cooking for a little bit yet, but it's still a crazy thing.

My babe is still flip flopping around in there, prefering to stay mostly transverse. Ugh. He gets daily chats about how it's just no possible to be born that way, but so far, he doesn't seem to get it. He's breech this morning though, which is, at least, birthable. I'm trying to figure out a way to keep everyone off my back and from freaking out about position and yet still find out if the high risk ob here attends breech births. I've vaginally birthed a large-ish baby (9lbs2oz), and do think I could handle a breech birth. Hopefully it won't be an issue, but it would be nice to know if it was/is a possibility just to have on eless thing to worry about.
So far though, I have NEVER been palpated. Never. Not a single time. Is this normal with ob care?! There aren't any midwives here (boo hoo!), but with dd, my midwife palpated at every visit from fairly early on. I just think it's a little nuts, especially where I declined the anatomy scan. Don't they think position is something they mimght want to know?! At this point, I'm not about to bring it up, because I know people will freak out and we are definitely coming to crunch time in terms of getting the kid oriented properly. I figure, as long as he's not transverse, I can just show up pushing and maybe no one will figure it out until the bum crowns? I seriously can't imagine that someone would shove the kid back in only to yank him out via c/s at that point?
I've been doing spinning babies, and let me tell you, hanging upside down when you have a sinus infection is seriously unpleasant! DD and I have been sick for two and a half weeks now. It's brutal. Hoping it passes SOON!
I cleaned the fridge today. Like, pulled everything out and dumped a bunch of stuff and washed all the shelves and the walls, etc. etc. It was all very satisfying, and very out of character. Normally I will wipe down a shelf if it's looking particularly grotty, but that's about it. It's amazing the dirt and scum you can find in your "clean" house, isn't it!?

For greater things are yet to come...

#18 of 54 Old 11-04-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brichole1214 View Post
Stay baby Stay

Brethine and terbutaline are the same thing. I am on terb. How are you dealing with it?
I don't like it much, but it is doing it's job. It gives me a headache and makes me shaky and raises my heartrate. I worry that it might so something funky to the baby's heartrate.
I don't have to take it all the time though... only when contrax start to get bad. My cervix isn't changing yet, but my uterine scar is, so the purpose is to relieve the pressure on the scar.
I can't imagine how I would feel if I had to take it 24 hrs. But worth it if baby stays a bit longer!

good luck!
#19 of 54 Old 11-04-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkat View Post
So far though, I have NEVER been palpated. Never. Not a single time. Is this normal with ob care?!
YUP! unfortunately it is.
At my ob's office it depends on the doc. The two male docs are more hands off but one does tend to palpate more towards the end.
The female doc does a bit, but her attitude is more brusque than the male docs (I actually trust her completely in an emergency situation though)
The MW is totally hands on, unfortunately I don't get to see her much becuase I am high risk. But when I do see her she is lovely and remembers me and much more of my story than is in my charts.
#20 of 54 Old 11-04-2010, 01:54 PM

Brandy- I hope bed rest is not too uncomfortable for you, and that you are able to find something to do while resting.

Loving Mom to DD (09/06) and dear friend to DH expecting numero dos en 12/14/2010 hoping for and lots of
#21 of 54 Old 11-04-2010, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

I really should have kept my mouth shut about loving being pregnant, lol. Now it feels like someone gave me a shot of relaxin. My tailbone hurts, my pelvis is pulling apart when I walk or roll over in bed, and I'm getting intermittent pressure that makes me keep wondering if I have to have a bowel movement. *Sigh* I guess the suffering is supposed to help me appreciate his birth more. Now all I need is a bigger bathtub...

#22 of 54 Old 11-04-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post
Now all I need is a bigger bathtub...

Seriously!!! Life would be so much better if my bathtub was just a little bigger!
#23 of 54 Old 11-04-2010, 05:43 PM

Some sort of giant jacuzzi tub would be an absolute godsend right about now. Other than that I am having a pretty easy time of. Getting nervous about it being my first, not knowing what to expect, having periods in which I doubt my ability to cope with labor. Most of the time a few deep breaths and a reminder that my body is capable and worthy of my trust is enough but once in awhile the doubt gets the best of me.

I know that first babies often go well past the 40 week mark and I am kind of dreading waiting around for her to arrive. *Sigh, I'm sure it will happen when it's supposed to and my job is to be patient.

Hope you all are doing well. Can't believe we're almost there.

Mama~Blogger~Artist~Homemaker. Family = DH (married 6 years), baby Elinor, and our puppy Frances.
novaxnocirc.gif    dog2.gif  homebirth.jpg    mdcblog5.gif

#24 of 54 Old 11-04-2010, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Just a little update. My sister in law had her baby (38w2d). 9 lb 2 oz baby GIRL!! I'm an auntie for the 10th time now.

#25 of 54 Old 11-04-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post
Just a little update. My sister in law had her baby (38w2d). 9 lb 2 oz baby GIRL!! I'm an auntie for the 10th time now.
Congratulations! What a shocker for 38w2d! That's what my dd weighed at 41 weeks, and we still weren't expecting that much, lol.

I'm still waiting to become a mega-Aunt. I have 2 sisters, 1 brother, and a sil, but still only 1 little niece. Ah, the curse of being the eldest child!

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)

#26 of 54 Old 11-05-2010, 05:08 AM

G&G, I remember waiting with DS and being sure that I would get to 42 weeks. He came at 39+3or4 (I can't remember now). From what I made out from my mum, she was late with me, and my brother (younger) came early and fast.

WOA - congrats on being an auntie. How is it going with your DH away?

I am preparing myself psychologically to go to 42 weeks again, if only so that I do not get too upset with each passing day. 42 weeks takes me to Christmas day (not recognized here - everyone goes to work as normal).

Here, I have been all over the place emotionally. I knew it was a big deal that I do not have my mum - but I didn't realise just what a huge deal it is. I found myself wheeping tears and more tears for not having her or another woman to comfort me and make me a cup of tea while soothing me. It's good to be addressing this before the birth I guess, but it is exhausting.

We are slowly getting things done. I have sewn curtains for the dining area and some new curtains for the bedroom. I am slowly working my way through kitchen cabinets and am starting to work my way through DS's clothes and the baby clothes.... moving our 2nd futon into the bedroom this weekend.... getting there.

And it is still summer like here . When I wake up in the morning it is 80F and I am H O T! I had really hoped it would be more wintery by now.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#27 of 54 Old 11-07-2010, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ema-adama View Post
WOA - congrats on being an auntie. How is it going with your DH away?
He's still in California. I haven't talked to him since the 28th since they're out actively training (no cell phones allowed and no service). The earliest he could get his phone back is at the end of this week but I'm not expecting it until next week. Depending on how things go he might be home in two weeks so I'm about halfway through.

#28 of 54 Old 11-10-2010, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter

I know this is a double post but I just wanted to bump it in the 'new' forum.  What does everything think of it?  I guess I kinda like it but some things are WAY spread out (like the whole archive being listed under Pregnancy) and the smilies are a little buggy (can't see them all!).

A day away from everyone was *SO* hard!!  I had my 36 week appointment while the board was down and my GBS swab and cervical check.  I know they don't actually tell you anything but it was so exciting to hear 1.5 cm dilated and 75% effaced!!  Maybe my little false labor thingy actually did something and I couldn't reach my cervix well enough to know.  I debated whether or not to put it on my facebook but decided not to.  My brother in law doesn't really need to hear about my cervix.

#29 of 54 Old 11-10-2010, 06:37 AM

LOL I often think about posting on my facebook but there are plenty of people on there that don't need to know about the details.  I was so uncomfy there for a few days, feeling like this baby was going to fall right out.  And I couldn't come here and read everyone else's complaints to make me feel better. 

#30 of 54 Old 11-10-2010, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Do you know what I just realized??  Anyone due December 1st is now 37 weeks and 'full term'!!  Babies can start being born soon, even if only from the very beginning of the DDC.  Who is going to be born first?  I can't wait!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page