Spotlight on ~ Bebegim~! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-02-2010, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The basics....
give us your name, where you live, your age, how many kids you already have, when you're due (whatever you’re comfortable with!)

What is your favorite food?

Do you own any pets? What are they and what are their names?

What's your favorite baby thing so far (that you've purchased or had given to you)?

Do you like to read? What kinds of books?

What's your favorite thing about being pregnant?

Least favorite?

And now, everyone feel free to jump in with your own questions!

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
#2 of 3 Old 11-04-2010, 05:47 PM

I have been so insanely busy this pregnancy, I have hardly had a chance to be online with your gals at all!! I almost forgot it was my week!

The basics....
give us your name, where you live, your age, how many kids you already have, when you're due (whatever you’re comfortable with!)

Lauren
Outside Baltimore, MD
1 DD (almost 4)
Due with DS on December 3 (but I'm thinking he's going to be late... no BH contractions at all and lateness is a pre-req for being part of my family).

What is your favorite food?

Right now, desserts and Italian. In real life, I eat much healthier!!

Do you own any pets? What are they and what are their names?

One blue beta fish. I have a dog, from my previous single life, but my parents have her now, as dogs and babies were more than I could handle.

What's your favorite baby thing so far (that you've purchased or had given to you)?

Hmm, I looove my cushy rocking chair I got with my daughter. Its in the process of being reupholstered in blue fabric (should have never bought it in white... novice mistake... it was SO nasty I was embarrassed to take it to the upholsterer's. haha. But Im really excited to get it back!! We still rock in it everyday and Ive missed it terribly the last week!

Do you like to read? What kinds of books?

I pretty much only read non-fiction now. I still re-read Pride and Prejudice once a year and maybe another Austen in there. But ever since my daughter was born, I've been much more into science. Neuroscience, biology, etc. I have quite the collection of medical journals and that takes up most of my free time. I am not in the medical industry. Just a stay at home mom with friends in the industry that give me access to the goods

What's your favorite thing about being pregnant?

I havent really liked much this pregnancy. Its not as fun to be pregnant and fight with your 3 year old all day long. "Please get your shoes on, okay, time out, okay, please," over and over, because she knows I'm too tired to fight! But I do like the increase in cleaning/organizing motivation. Holy clean house! Usually my DH is always complaining about disorganization (which is usually his, but he thinks I'm home and she pick up after him)... now he can only complain about dinner.

Least favorite?

General pain. This little guy is so active, he literally hurts me all day! Anyone else having that problem? Plus, I got him flipped from breech... only to find out he's posterior! GRRR! I should have known... he makes my stomach look hilarious whenever he moves. All arms and legs in the front pushing out.

I wish I could have been more active on here this pregnancy! But between house hunting (dont ask, we cant agree on anything... not a baby name or a house we like) and taking care of DD, doing my hypnobabies stuff... trying to cook/clean... my whole day just disappears!

I hope everyone has had great pregnancies and has the most wonderful births ever!

Lauren , DH , DD 02/2007 and expecting #2 (12/7/10)! We
#3 of 3 Old 11-04-2010, 09:04 PM

If you don't mind sharing, how was your labor with DD? Are you hoping for certain things to be different this time around? If so, what are you doing in preparation that you hope will give you a different outcome?

Mama~Blogger~Artist~Homemaker. Family = DH (married 6 years), baby Elinor, and our puppy Frances.
novaxnocirc.gif    dog2.gif  homebirth.jpg    mdcblog5.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page