My mental freak-out - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-03-2010, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This morning, I was greeted with an email alert, reminding me that I'm now 33 weeks (or 33w2d, depending on what calculator is used). Not 5 minutes later, dh mentioned that he and his boss were discussing the logistics of his working from home beginning 12/1. I immediately said that 12/1 was way too soon, which I think is only half logic and half denial talking.

If I go through with induction (which I'm sure I will, but there's the denial talking again), I have less than 6.5 weeks to go. I know that's more than some of you, which I think only adds to my anxiousness, lol! I just don't feel prepared AT ALL, even though I technically have all of the essentials but a car seat. I'm just not mentally prepared!

I want to push dh's "work from home" situation to at least the second week in December. Keeping 4 homeschooled kids relatively quite when it's too cold/snowy/icy to shove them outdoors so Daddy can take phone calls is extremely stressful. Otoh, I'm already exhausted and uncomfortable, and have (mostly unreasonable) fears about going into labor earlier than I usually do.

Bottom line, I'm an irrational basket case right now!
I truly do look forward to meeting ds, and I'm sure I'll feel a huge wave of relief once he's here. In the meantime, I'm pretty sure I'm doomed to about 6.5 weeks of serious anxiety!

Here's to attempting some quasi-meditation in my house of chaos!

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)

#2 of 6 Old 11-03-2010, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I think there are a few of us totally not ready... and I'm a full 2w1d ahead of you! I mean technically if I had him today we have everything but mentally I'm hoping I can get closer to my due date. Although 6.5 weeks would get me to 42w0d and then I'd probably agree to having an induction, lol.
So would this technically be the thread for 'baby stay in' vibes??

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#3 of 6 Old 11-03-2010, 12:20 PM

I am right there with you. I have nothing preopared. I've bought clothes at yard sales, but they're all in a basket unsorted and unwashed. I've made some diapers, but not enough. I don't have a birth kit, pool liner, towels etc. Nothing I need for the bith. No car seat. No mattress for the arms reach. Nothing is set up. I'm having loads of contractions every day and have had a couple bouts of prodromal already! I usually go late, but still, it makes me worry. I'm 35 weeks plus a few. And so completely unprepared.

My carpets are a mess and I really need them cleaned before baby gets here. I have SO MUCH still to do. sigh. It really does make me freak out. We're waiting on some freelance money from DH to come through before we can buy the stuff we need for the birth etc. And we have no money at all for Christmas. It's all stressing me out big time.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#4 of 6 Old 11-03-2010, 01:14 PM

Right there with you at 33 wk 3 days. We're not remotely ready. But it'll happen, I'm sure of that. November is just crunch time, because all the stuff that you couldn't really do earlier (like pack a birth bag and set up the dresser full of little baby things) actually needs to be done now!

I am thinking about having DH take a break from windows so that he can work on repairing the dresser and changing table, so that I can paint them, and we can move them inside. For whatever reason, I am now fixated on having all the little diapers and onesies fresh and folded and ready to go!

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#5 of 6 Old 11-04-2010, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

I'm so glad I'm not alone! Though I guess I'm a little sorry that people are freaking along with me.

Yesterday morning, I had some serious BH/cramps/aches going on, which didn't help my mental status. Fortunately, some rest and water took care of that. I had accidentally made my morning coffee WAY too strong. After having weaned myself down to a minimal amount of caffeine months ago, I think Baby and I went a little haywire with the sudden infusion!

I'm working on being a bit more relaxed today.

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)

#6 of 6 Old 11-14-2010, 01:06 PM

I'm not feeling ready at all, either. I am already 36 weeks and feel like I am not prepared. I guess it's mostly mental. I don't feel mentally/emotionally ready. But even with other things, I feel like I have done the minimum. I do have the changing table/dresser set up and baby clothes and diapers and burp cloths ready. I ordered my birth kit, and got household things together (towels, sheets, etc.) But I don't know, the fact that I will have a brand new little baby really, really soon is still sinking in. I have not done anything on the meal planning/freezing front. I struggle with meal planning in general, and don't like to cook, but I think it would be a good idea to have a couple frozen meals in reserve, even though my mom is planning to come help us after the birth, and she will be cooking and cleaning. I was thinking of making and freezing lasagne, stews or soups, and a couple casseroles. Maybe double up some Thanksgiving food and freeze that?

Maria, wife to DH, mama to DS 09/2007, #2 12/2010 and hoping for a

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page