So, who else spends the day crying over stupid stuff? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-03-2010, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so emotional, I'm driving myself insane. Everything is so stressful all of a sudden and things that I would have easily processed two weeks ago are suddenly sending me into a weepy panic. This morning I started crying when I realized that I had two cereal bowls and five people eating. It took me all of five minutes to load the dishwasher and then hand-wash the bowls, but that didn't console me. I think I'm going to lose my mind before this baby is born. I remember seeing a friend of mine go off the deep end during the third trimester of her seventh pregnancy and I was thinking, "Wow, she's pretty emotional - I'm glad I never get quite that bad." Well, thanks a lot, Me Of The Past, you just jinxed me. I don't know that I've been this way in my previous pregnancies. My most recent pregnancy was over by this point and I was in the hospital recovering from a c-section. I am freaking out because I haven't had a natural childbirth since 2007 (that is NOT that long ago!) and also because I can't imagine how much bigger I could possibly get.

Who's with me? I've got tissues. And chocolate.

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#2 of 11 Old 11-03-2010, 12:27 PM

I've not been crying a whole lot, but I've been feeling super possessive and jealous and suspicious and insecure with DH. And that's SO unlike me. My DH is a big flirt and that's usually just part of our dynamic, it's who he is and that's ok. But recently I'm just so jealous for his affections. Stupid things like he was 1.5 hrs late home on Monday and not answering his phone (I wouldn't normally even call if he was only 1.5 hours late).

Turns out he was at the store buying food for us and ran into our old pastor and they got carried away chatting. Then he had a male friend to call back who was in need of some man support. So that's why his phone was going to voice mail.

But I still pouted all night and even said things like, "how do I know that's really why you were late?". Ugh. Ball and chain or what? I don't like myself like this.

I'm insecure about his female colleagues. I'm having bad dreams that he's unfaithful. It's driving me nuts. What am I, 15? Darn hormones.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#3 of 11 Old 11-03-2010, 12:43 PM

I cried because DH told me that 6'1" isn't *that* tall (we were talking about a basketball player)
Is that a stupid enough reason?

I also cried because I missed my bus (which comes every 15 minutes) and because DS had a fever and DH didn't take him to his swim lesson (my weekly 2 hour break)
And Im about to start crying because im crying about stupid stuff
#4 of 11 Old 11-03-2010, 01:22 PM

Last night was the first real wash of pregnancy hormones that I've truly noticed, in terms of it turning my world upside down. I mean, yesterday was just a rough day: I did too much, was gone for too long, got lost trying to vote, didn't bring enough food or water with me, etc. Oh, and now I've been getting that lovely first tri nausea every evening. Blech.

Normally, though, I am able to move on. Yesterday, not so much. I just couldn't hold it together, and it frustrates me when I can't figure out why I'm crying.

Talking with DH, I figured that part of it is that yesterday is really the first day, honestly, that I've thought, "I am over this whole pregnancy thing." Physically, I mean. But on the other hand, I'm partly terrified of having a baby, and how it is going to change things, etc. We're also not logistically ready for Squirt, either; still lots to do. So it's like I am tired of being pregnant, but I can't let myself WANT to be done yet, because I'm not ready for what comes after labor! Which just makes me feel almost stuck, emotionally. Solution: cry!

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#5 of 11 Old 11-03-2010, 01:35 PM

I was so exhausted after work the other day, came home, plopped on the couch and basically just sat there. DH came home after his labor intensive work day, cooked an amazing soup for dinner and by the time it showed up in front of me in a bowl I was crying into it.

DS 12/2010 bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif
#6 of 11 Old 11-03-2010, 03:02 PM

I got all teary eyed holding my son yesterday thinking that our lives are all about to change and wondering if this child will be a gift or a terror for him. We have had a hard time of it lately with him turning 3. Although my weekend away for the HMN conference DEFINITELY helped!

And we are so not ready. At all. DH is being such a good sport about all of it though His "honey do" list is so long and he works very hard on it anyway to please me.

winner.jpg, cloth diapering, babywearing, AP mama to Aiden (10/04/07) and Rylan (12/20/10)  hbac.gif
#7 of 11 Old 11-03-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbergirl View Post
I got all teary eyed holding my son yesterday thinking that our lives are all about to change and wondering if this child will be a gift or a terror for him. We have had a hard time of it lately with him turning 3. Although my weekend away for the HMN conference DEFINITELY helped!
I remember lying on the couch, holding my little 2 year old while hugely pregnant with her sister and bawling my eyes out. She had no idea how her live was about to change. I was uncertain how it would all change. I remember wondering if I was ruining her life or being horrible to her because she wouldn't be the center of attention all the time anymore. She'd have to share us. And she was innocent and oblivious and I just felt so guilty.

Now they're 6 and 8 and best of friends (as well as worst enemies at times, that's sisters for ya). They are super close and I can't imagine either of them growing up without the other. Sounds incredibly lonely. I'm so glad they have each other. They play and hug and share and conspire and are so integrated in each others lives.

So it all worked out. Sure there was an adjustment period, but ultimately it became obvious that this new little baby was a blessing for her older sister.

#8 of 11 Old 11-03-2010, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Climbergirl & FSG - Both of your posts brought back memories of leaving my son with MIL so I could go to the hospital and give birth to #2. My first two are less than a year apart so he was just a baby. It was really early in the morning and my son was fast asleep Before I left I took a moment just to look at him. My MIL said, "when you get home, he's not going to be the center of the universe anymore!" I thought to myself, "my universe will just have to have two centers." When my daughter was born I absolutely loved her, and her birth made me love my son even more. Six years later, it's such a blessing to me to see him protecting her when she gets hurt and helping her with things that he has recently learned to do but she's not quite old enough. Sometimes I'll walk in on her making his bed for him or setting up his favorite stuffed animals right by his pillow. Sometimes I'll be in the living room and hear little feet pattering down the hall followed by secretive giggles because they're planning a surprise party for their younger siblings.

*sniffle*sob*snort*

I emailed DH and told him that I can't stop crying. He wrote back and said he's sorry I keep crying (which made me cry) and asked why that is. I said I think it's because I'm a dork. He said "Nahhhh" (which made me cry) and said I could go out to see a friend tonight if I leave him a list of things I want him to do around the house (which of course made me cry).

#9 of 11 Old 11-03-2010, 06:43 PM

I've been crying all day but not over stupid stuff. See my thread: http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1276714
#10 of 11 Old 11-03-2010, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinzoo View Post
I've been crying all day but not over stupid stuff. See my thread: http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1276714
I'm so sorry. I'm going to go reply to your other post.

#11 of 11 Old 11-03-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinzoo View Post
How difficult. I'd be very emotional about it too. I would also try to get a second opinion.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page