Sagittarius vs Capricorn. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 11-05-2010, 12:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm due 12/23, basically on the cusp of these signs. Personally, I'm hoping the odds are in my favor and I go past my EDD so I can have a Capricorn child. I'm a Cappy myself and my husband's a Virgo. I totally relate to Earth signs and feel that the energy in our household would be great with another Cappy.

I know almost nothing about Sagittarians and am not sure how I will feel about having one as a child (I know it seems superficial but, like I said, I have always gotten along great with other Earth signs).

What should I know about Sags in case the kid turns out to be one?

Our Tiger Cub arrived 12/29/10
#2 of 14 Old 11-05-2010, 12:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
We are fantastic people, that's all I know.
#3 of 14 Old 11-05-2010, 12:48 AM

Are you kidding me? That is not a superficial thing at all!! I use to professionally study astrology and even lived on the same land with a seasoned astrologer who taught me a lot. Enough to know 2 things for sure:
1. I will never be a professional astrologer, to darn hard.
2. It is ANYTHING but superficial

Taking the time to have your baby's chart done and read professionally is crucial!! It can really help to understand so many things about their personality, how they learn, communicate, express emotions, etc.

I am in the same boat. Cap or Sag. I am due on the cusp. Sag is a fire sign, quick, witty, smart, sharp, spontaneous, adventurous. Can be blunt and truthful to the point of lacking tack. However the disclaimer is we are discussing sun signs here. SO MUCH else depends on the chart. For example, you can get your earthy Cap with a moon, rising sign and 4 planets in Scorpio and you'll have a kid that will perplex you b/c they seem nothing like a Cap. Whole picture here. My advice, have a natal chart cast and read by a professional. They often do over the phone, one hour, one hundred (best spent money ever!) and will mail you a burned CD too. Rio Olesky of Wholistic Astrology is my personal favorite. I studied with him and do phone updates yearly. Google him, you won't regret it!!

With that said, I am hoping for the 21st. Cap sun, Pisces moon. Time will tell. Good luck!!

Owlgirl w/ life partner of 7 years & Nadia Avani 12/18/10.
#4 of 14 Old 11-05-2010, 09:48 AM

I agree with the PP that you should have full charts done, so much depends on more than just the Sun sign and you will be able to find out lots of interesting things about the way your child's chart interacts with yours.

The main thing about Sag, which owlgirl already said, is the BLUNTNESS. My paternal grandma was a Sag and my current MIL is one too, and I'm a late Scorpio with some definite Sag tendencies...Sag will "tell it like it is" with little or no regard to what will happen as a consequence.
#5 of 14 Old 11-05-2010, 12:04 PM

I've also been worrying about this! I'm a virgo and would feel much more comfy having a Capricorn. It's not going to happen though. I don't know any Sagittarians! No idea how that will work out but I'm in a home with two Aries and they drive me nuts!

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#6 of 14 Old 11-05-2010, 12:25 PM

DDCC--I'm a Sag and my son is a Capricorn and we have a very strong connection...my brother is also a Cappy and two of the serious relationships I've had were with Capricorns. It helps that the signs are right next to each other on the astrological wheel (where the signs are in relation to each other often has a strong affect on the energy dynamics between the people). I'm a double Sag (sun & moon in Sag) with Libra rising, so I don't have much earthiness to me, although I'm more grounded now than I used to be. I've found being around other earth signs helps ground me, so if your LO turns out to be a Sag then I'd bet that you and your DH's energy will help ground the child's energy. Sagittarians have been known to help people think outside the box and see the bigger picture...we also typically have amazing imaginations (think C.S. Lewis) that inspire others to be more creative (I'm a short story writer myself). Sag children are often full of questions (much to their parent's dismay at times ) and love to explore and do imaginary-type play (building forts, playing "house", dressing up in costumes, etc.). They are also typically pretty sensitive little creatures, needing a fair amount of emotional reassurance and generous amounts of love (a lot of us love affection). It's as if we stepped out of a far away world that was gentle and magical...and now we're in this one. It's easy for Sagittarians to escape into their imaginary world, which is why being around earth signs can be very helpful
#7 of 14 Old 11-05-2010, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynsage View Post
The main thing about Sag, which owlgirl already said, is the BLUNTNESS.
My dad is a Sagittarius and this baby will most likely be one. He's stubborn, blunt, very smart, and extremely spontaneous. While I am a planner and like to know how things are going to happen ahead of time I grew up where everything from weddings to moving was a total surprise until it was happening! His wedding to my stepmom was planned (church, hall, rings, everything) in 4 days!

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#8 of 14 Old 11-05-2010, 02:37 PM

For me, with two Aries (me and DD) and a Leo (DH) in our home, we're hoping that this one waits to be a Sagittarius since we apparently will all get along great, being fire signs. The bluntness of the Sags goes for Aries too, I will admit...but my XH was a Scorpio and both DH and I have not had the best relations with scorpio males, so despite this wee man being all head-butty down there , I am strongly encouraging him to stay put until he is safely in Sag territory. I'm due anywhere between Dec 5th and 15th but I am worried for some reason that I'll go earlier than that....I agree, not a minor concern for me, either!!!

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#9 of 14 Old 11-05-2010, 11:23 PM

I've been thinking about this lately too! I'm due on the 15th, but I'm really kind of hoping for a 21st/solstice baby. I was 6 days late with DD so I can hope history will repeat! I myself am a Capricorn but I'm very chart heavy in Scorpio and Sag. with four of each. Example, my Moon sign is a Scorpio and my Rising is a Sag. My Venus is a Scorpio too...that's fun. Despite all that, I'm SOOO a Cappy woman. Very, very earthy. I am married to a Scorpio and we have a Cancer daughter. So yeah...needless to say I think a little Earth sign baby would be great! Now that being said, I've had MANY Sags. in my life so I can deal with that too. Either way, our babies will be making their grand entrances soon enough!!

Rachel(29)treehugger.gif Crunchy, granola wife of Matthew(30)reading.gif, DD Willow(5yrs)energy.gif, DS Ronan(2yrs) superhero.gif, Ivy Spring 12/29/2009 lost to Hydrops at 20 weeksangel3.gif, 2 other angel.gif and DS Canaan(1yr) kid.gif.  Holy Cow!!! jaw2.gifDue with someone new July 2014!!! joy.gif
#10 of 14 Old 11-06-2010, 12:32 AM

Ha, so funny. To be honest I don't personally put much stock in astrology (I know other people do, that's fine!). My Mom used to be pretty serious about it, read charts and whatnot, so it was a common topic of conversation in our house, but then she kinda gave it up.

That said, I'm a Sagittarius and my Dad's a Capricorn and we are SO different and I can't imagine having a kid like him, it would drive me CRAZY. He's so stoic and unemotional and reserved, I've lived with/around him for twenty five years and still don't feel like I know him. I would love to have a Sagittarius. But I'm due sometime between the 16th and the 21st and this is my first, so it seems likely I'm headed into Cap territory...

mama to jasper (12-17-10) and theodora (11-13-12)

#11 of 14 Old 11-07-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbear'smama View Post
For me, with two Aries (me and DD) and a Leo (DH) in our home, we're hoping that this one waits to be a Sagittarius since we apparently will all get along great, being fire signs. The bluntness of the Sags goes for Aries too, I will admit...but my XH was a Scorpio and both DH and I have not had the best relations with scorpio males, so despite this wee man being all head-butty down there , I am strongly encouraging him to stay put until he is safely in Sag territory. I'm due anywhere between Dec 5th and 15th but I am worried for some reason that I'll go earlier than that....I agree, not a minor concern for me, either!!!
i'm due on the 1st and we are kind of terrified of a scorpio. DH and i are aquarians and DS1 is an aries. i also have aries rising AND moon so there's a lot of fire in our house. this baby boy is also pretty 'head-butty' (lol) but we're hoping he continues baking until after the 22nd at least. we feel like a sag has a better chance of meshing with his aries brother; and in our wind-blown house, we wouldn't know what to do with a poor scorpio child!!

as owlgirl said, though, there's plenty of other influences in a person's chart and ultimately baby is going to come when baby is ready. i guess the key is to get the full natal done, keep and open mind and get ready to learn!
#12 of 14 Old 11-07-2010, 01:43 PM

I agree with everybody else...have the whole chart done once the baby is born. There is so much more that factors into the astrological personality than just the sun sign.

Im a Sagittarian (moon sign) based on western astrology, and hoping my child (due on a cusp) has traits of both Sag and Cap. Mostly the good ones, I hope.

Though if she decides to come early...and is fully Sag, at least I'll know what Im dealing with.

Also keep in mind that western astrology differs from vedic astrology.

Fiona Rose  stillheart.gif12.25.10stillheart.gif

#13 of 14 Old 11-07-2010, 11:20 PM

I'm a Cap, DS is a Taurus, DD is a Virgo so I'm hoping for a Cap.

modern-mama to DS (5.16.05) and DD (9.11.08) and one more (GIRL!) coming in December
#14 of 14 Old 11-08-2010, 08:43 PM

I was born on the 23rd of December, so I've got a Capricorn Sun and a Pisces Moon. I'd love to give birth to the same. Got my fingers crossed! Haven't know many Sag's, but I know that they're a firey sign. With my first son being a Leo, and my husband a Leo with a Leo moon (Goddess, help me!), I could use a bit more earth in my home to balance it out.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page