Spent the day in Labor and delivery - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-06-2010, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
being monitored. This morning my dog woke me to take him out. I used a leash as I was half asleep and didn't want to watch him as close as I would have to without. The yard is fenced, but large and I have poultry that roam free. So as soon as he gets out the door he sees someone walking in the road and takes off with me it tow. I fell down the three brick steps and got scuffed up pretty badly. He realizes what happened and comes to me as I get up. I luckily didn't hit my belly, but my hip is killing me. Called the midwife and she said I should go in.

So after about 5 hours of being monitored, having some small contractions and a ultrasound of my belly to make sure there were no bleeds I finally got to go home.

What a way to spend the day.
#2 of 7 Old 11-06-2010, 08:58 PM

Oh I'm so sorry, how scary! I'm glad you and baby are both okay!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#3 of 7 Old 11-07-2010, 02:05 AM

What a night! I'm so glad you and the baby are okay, but that must have been so stressful.

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#4 of 7 Old 11-07-2010, 02:19 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
so glad your both ok!!

mama to Alex 20 Briana 16 Cory 10 and Jade 3Tubes tied and regret it
#5 of 7 Old 11-07-2010, 10:44 AM

I hope you feel better! I had a bad spill about 5 weeks ago, and it was scary even though everything was absolutely fine. Hope today is better!

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#6 of 7 Old 11-07-2010, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

I'm sore today. My hip is the worst. I can limp around, but can't twist on my hip. The lady doing the ultrasound was really slow. She kept remeasuring the head (she has a big head). She was measuring a week ahead by her head, but her short legs (hubby and I are both short) bring her back down to near our normal due date. Anyways she had laid the gurney flat. And after she had been scanning her head for awhile I started to feel sick. I was getting dizzy, she said to turn to the side a bit. I sat up and started to feel better. Once we got back to the room and they hooked us back up to the monitors her heart rate was 180-190 range for awhile. She normally varies between 130-150 and had been all morning. So that scared my DH and I. I think it was from lying flat on my back for so long and cutting off blood flow. After about 20 minutes she slowed back down. But I was having some small contractions so they watched them for awhile and finally let me go home.
#7 of 7 Old 11-07-2010, 01:45 PM

So glad you and baby are okay!!

Hopefully you arent too sore for much longer!

Fiona Rose  stillheart.gif12.25.10stillheart.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page