Just had a major nesting urge - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-07-2010, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're getting ready to go out grocery shopping and suddenly I NEEDED to scrub out the bath. I don't usually clean with chemicals but the force was strong, so I grabbed some soap scum remover stuff, probably full of nasties and some scouring sponges, locked myself in the bathroom and started sweating it out.

Poor DH thought I was in there constipated or in labor or something and was in our room praying for me hehe. He was all worried and ready to call the midwife. I was in the zone. Took about an hour of total sweat and hard work but now it looks like a whole new bathroom. It's like I worked a miracle in there.

I seriously have jelly legs and am so sweaty. It was a total work out. And now I feel gross about the chemicals so we're going to go get some fresh air. DH was so relieved to see that I was only cleaning.

My house could totally do with me nesting a couple times a year. We've totally gutted the basement in the past couple weeks and it's looking awesome. I've cleaned our walls this week.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#2 of 8 Old 11-07-2010, 05:26 PM

I love this!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#3 of 8 Old 11-07-2010, 09:51 PM

Sometimes I think that the only way my house gets a deep clean is if I'm pregnant.
#4 of 8 Old 11-07-2010, 11:25 PM

That is great! I keep eyeing my baseboards...we just painted them in Feb., and I've spot painted since then, and they're not really all that dirty...but a part of me is getting very interested in getting on my hands and knees with a bucket of water and a toothbrush and cleaning them beyond belief...but that's as far as I've gotten!

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#5 of 8 Old 11-07-2010, 11:53 PM

LOL. I also spent the day cleaning. The house looks awesome. I even polished the wood pieces. I have to say, I LOVE my steam cleaner. No chemicals.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#6 of 8 Old 11-08-2010, 12:08 AM

I have been cleaning like a madwoman too! My living space is super tiny right now since we are building the house buts its SUPER organized and clean right now! And I have done tonnes of farm/yard clean up too!! Feels good to get it done. My body is needing me to slow down now though and has the hard part, looking at all the stuff I want to do! Glad I started nesting early. We are getting there with the house too which is so so exciting!!!!!

Mama to SDD (12), DD (8), DD (6), DD, (4), DS (3) and new little babe arriving Dec. We are in the process of building our cob home and homestead
#7 of 8 Old 11-08-2010, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewheatchick View Post
That is great! I keep eyeing my baseboards...we just painted them in Feb., and I've spot painted since then, and they're not really all that dirty...but a part of me is getting very interested in getting on my hands and knees with a bucket of water and a toothbrush and cleaning them beyond belief...but that's as far as I've gotten!
My theory is that partly the nesting urge is of course partly to prepare a safe, clean environment for our vulnerable wee babies and all, but that it's also partly to get us active and changing positions and moving our hips etc to help bring baby down. I always find myself on my hands and knees scrubbing something at the end of pregnancy. I suddenly need to scrub carpets or corners of floors etc. And the activity feels so good.

Ok so as the day went on I got some more things done. I sewed 7 post partum pads for myself and 12 cloth wipes and got 1 bum genius converted to snaps. And we cleaned out the car. We eventually got the grocery shopping done too hehe. And a bunch more laundry done.

Productive day. I bet I'll have a really lazy day tomorrow though, I tend to go in spurts hehe.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#8 of 8 Old 11-08-2010, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So does anyone want to come clean my house? I've been thinking about it but the whole nesting urge hasn't hit yet.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page