Well this is just great. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-10-2010, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Tonight I was cleaning up the kids rooms (and granted, moving light furniture and such)  There was a tub of outgrown clothes on the floor that I wanted to move into the closet.  Rather than pick it up (it would have been heavier than anything else I'd moved), I decided to push it with my leg.  Sure enough, the second I applied pressure, my pelvis POPS.  It hurt!  I immediately stopped and went to sit down.  I felt fine after a few minutes and wasn't too concerned - went back about my evening.  Loaded up the kids, went to pick up my paycheck, make a deposit and several other 'drive thru' type errands.  I get home and nearly collapse at the pressure of my weight on my pelvis.  I can hardly put either foot in front of me without writhing in pain.  Call my midwife and she says I've pulled my pelvis.  That the liklihood of it healing before I deliver is rare (it takes a long while and the added stress of the baby won't help) and that it could make labor more difficult.  Oh, and I probably can't work anymore.  Awesome. 

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Mama to: Kaleb 9/12/2005 * Adeline 7/02/08 (born at home!) & 'Dot' EDD 12/23/2010
#2 of 6 Old 11-10-2010, 09:17 PM

Oh no, I'm so sorry. I hope she's wrong and that it will heal back up. I had SPD with my second pregnancy and it was horrible. I had a great delivery though, on all fours and everything. But the pregnancy was miserable with it.

I really hope you feel relief soon. greensad.gif

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#3 of 6 Old 11-11-2010, 02:28 AM

Oh, no!!!

I have a terrible habit of pushing/kicking things around, and my pelvis and knees are already a wreck.  I'll have to be more careful.

Sending healing vibes!!!!!!

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)

#4 of 6 Old 11-11-2010, 04:19 AM

Oh no! That sounds horrible. I really, really hope she's wrong and it heals quickly.

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#5 of 6 Old 11-11-2010, 04:22 AM

I'm so sorry!  greensad.gif  Sending you lots of healing vibes.

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

#6 of 6 Old 11-11-2010, 04:32 AM

Ugh!  That sounds awful!  I guess I'll be sure to tell DH that I am NOT helping him to rearrange the furniture in our bedroom...

Hope you feel better soon!

ETA: can you go see a chiropractor who specializes in prenatal care?

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page