Anybody else awake? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-11-2010, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm sitting in the living room with my feet up, nursing a beer. Having some pretty strong contrax and hoping they go away soon.

DTD earlier tonight, then a bit ago DD woke up crying in her crib. I brought her into our bed and was nursing her back to sleep when they started. Not sure if that spurred something....

Normally don't mind the ton of BH I've been having, but these feel more like the real deal- crampy and I'm feeling them in my back. Not anything regular, though, and I really don't feel like driving to the hospital, so I'm going to try to wait and see what happens.

I'm only 35 w 5 d...need to wait just a little longer, baby!

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
#2 of 6 Old 11-11-2010, 04:21 AM

Whoa...how are you feeling now?

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#3 of 6 Old 11-11-2010, 04:23 AM

I was probably awake, just laying in bed with awful heartburn.  Stupid homemade pizza with onions last night greensad.gif

I hope you were able to get some rest and that little bean stays in for a while!

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

#4 of 6 Old 11-11-2010, 06:53 AM

I was awake at that time. Then I eventually managed to get back to sleep. I had prodromal labor last night for like 3 hours, some super strong contractions! I drank a bunch of water and they went away but I had to pee about 20 times in the night and I couldn't settle.

How did the rest of the night go for you? How many weeks were you when you had DD? Sounds like you had something pretty severe going on! At least baby would be pretty strong by now, but staying in there a little longer is definitely better.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#5 of 6 Old 11-11-2010, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

I ended up not staying up for very long...about an hour or so. 

Yeah, it was really weird. It was just like I went from having plain ol' BH to having some cramping and pain a lot lower than normal. But putting me feet up + water + a little beer seemed to help, so....

I was so tired that I went back to sleep pretty quickly once they cooled off a bit. It was the crampiness that had me concerned, but like I said, maybe that was just an irritated cervix from DTD, or maybe nursing started it.

I remember reading that most women aren't sensitive to oxytocin from breastfeeding until they're nearly full-term anyway, but I can't help but wondering if it's contributing at all. It's kind of fishy to me that I was nursing her when it all started. Anyone have any further info about this?

I have an appointment next week, and I have my GBS testing then- I'll be 36 w and a few days. I am normally not a proponent of cervical checks, but with all the contrax I've been having lately, plus the fact that I'll have my pants off anyway....

Oh, and I had DD at 38 weeks exactly. I went into labor at 37 w 6 days and she was born just after midnight.  

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
#6 of 6 Old 11-11-2010, 08:37 AM

Hmmm yeah I'll bet it was doing something. Getting everything ripe and ready. The nursing may have set it off, because you had your DD early and you're getting closer. It doesn't mean you'll have the baby in the next few days, it could just be gearing up and slowly getting ready.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page