retro placenta blood vessels? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-11-2010, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone have experience with this? I am trying not to worry too much, but I am so worried I will lose my homebirth. Last week at my MW appointment, I had some blood in my urine. My MW thought it was probably just a yeast infection (which we are treating for right now), but also sent me for a sono to be safe. I went to a regular u/s place and the docs looked closely at the placenta where they noted "retro placenta blood vessels." They said they didn't know enough about it to tell her whether it was the cause of the bleeding and out of an abundance of caution, I will be seeing a perinatologist next week. I am just curious if anyone knows anything about this...I made the mistake of googling and a bunch of stuff on placental abruption came up, but my MW said the docs did not see anything like that. I worked SO hard to get this homebirth....I lost 50 lbs before getting pregnant, got off my BP meds and have worked so hard to remain low risk. I of course want what is healthiest for me and baby, but I will just be so heartbroken if I lose it this close to the end greensad.gif Any advice or hugs are appreciated

#2 of 3 Old 11-12-2010, 09:33 AM

Never heard of that; but I hope it all resolves quickly and smoothly!  I understand about being afraid of risking out of your homebirth; I keep thinking "i'm in the clear!" but the truth is that we never know.  Even in labor, something could go very wrong that is completely beyond our control, and we end up in the hospital. 

What you have done to achieve your homebirth, though, is awesome!  And no matter what, it will make you a healthier mommy. 

Good luck!

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#3 of 3 Old 11-12-2010, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for responding Emily. It is nice to just get some support back :) My MW called me today and basically talked me off the ledge. She says she really does not think this is a risk out type thing and that she just wanted to keep me fully informed by telling me what the report said, which I of course totally appreciate. I am trying to remain positive and focus on a healthy birth :)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page