Let the Prodromal Labor begin! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-14-2010, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't know if I should be excited, or cry!  I had prodromal labor for over 2wks with DD, contractions coming 10min apart day and night.  They were less intense at night so I could sleep some, but they were still there.  And with nearly every contraction, I had to pee.  yikes.gif  Last night they started up and I had contrax every 10min for 3hrs.  And they hurt like h#ll!  Guess I need to remember some pain techniques sooner rather than later.  :) 

I'm term in 12 days, so I'm not concerned (nor is my midwife) especially given my history. 

Anyone else?  Let the games begin!  bouncy.gif

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Mama to: Kaleb 9/12/2005 * Adeline 7/02/08 (born at home!) & 'Dot' EDD 12/23/2010
#2 of 11 Old 11-14-2010, 03:01 PM

I'm not sure how intense/often they have to come to be considered prodromal labour, this is a term I learned since being preg this time, but I get strong contrax that DO hurt and make me have to pee, but thankfully they happen for a bit (an hour maybe) and then stop, not 3 hrs in the night like what you've been dealing with, that sounds awful! The good thing is I have heard when ppl get the prodromal labour, apparently the real thing is faster because of all the preparation you've already done. If that is true, I say bring it on because I would rather deal with that than another long labour! I'm term next week, so no worries here, either. I've been concentrating on relaxing all muscles when the contrax hit, so I'm with you there, practicing up for the real thing!

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#3 of 11 Old 11-14-2010, 04:08 PM

Wow...wow...wow....

I am so happy for you both....sounds like something is happening to one of our DDC mamas, congrats, sending blessings for ways to deal with pain and wishing you the best.

Abigayle

Loving Mom to DD (09/06) and dear friend to DH expecting numero dos en 12/14/2010 hoping for and lots of
#4 of 11 Old 11-14-2010, 05:24 PM

I'm in the prodromal labor club too! I am 36 +4 days and have had some episodes where I thought it was labor for sure. I was checked by a MW at 35 weeks and my cervix is closed and posterior so I am definitely not in labor although my cervix is VERY soft. This last month is so exciting and what we have all been looking forward to despite how uncomfortable we feel sometimes...

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

#5 of 11 Old 11-15-2010, 08:29 AM

I've been having prodomal for like 2 weeks now. It doesn't hurt yet though. Some really tight ones, and I get to practice moving into helpful positions etc. I can still talk through them etc, so it's not bothering me. I just hope it's doing some good work on the cervix. I do tend to lose tons of plug during or shortly after a prodromal session.

I had it for weeks last time too, and for maybe 2 weeks the time before. And I still went overdue both times. So I don't think I'm having a baby any time soon. But both of those times I was already 5cm dilated by the time labor started and then labor was 3.5 hours and 2,5 hours, so I'm happy to have nice gentle prodromal if it helps make labor easy and quick.

And it's motivating me to get nesting too. I am 37 weeks but probably still have 5 weeks to go. But with all the prodromal it's inspired me to get the place cleaned up and get our last few items we need etc. I find it exciting.

But if it was hurting a lot I'd probably feel differently. I have had a couple sessions where I couldn't sleep through it and that annoys the crap out of me. I need my sleep or I am terribly grumpy. hehe.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#6 of 11 Old 11-15-2010, 08:47 AM

*raises hand*

Me too. I was "in labor" all day yesterday. bleh. Maybe the chiropractor will crack things loose on Wednesday. I will be 37 weeks. I am not really that "miserable" at this point, more eager to meet my son. And my mom is flying in Sunday (the full moon!! We are also predicted for 70 degrees and sunny) So it would just be perfect.

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

#7 of 11 Old 11-15-2010, 10:19 AM

Every day the ctx increase.  I've started having them at night now when I get into bed.  At least they aren't terribly strong so I've still been able to sleep.  I'm sure that will change pretty soon.  They remind me how much I actually love labor.  Is that the weirdest thing to admit to?  I'm really eager to get this show on the road too.  

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#8 of 11 Old 11-15-2010, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I (so far) like having episodes of 'mini-labor'.  It makes me feel like something is actually happening and I'm not just sitting around as big and awkward as a walrus.  I'm not too sure about the later stages of labor yet but I love the cervical twinges and braxton hicks.  I have another appointment and cervical check tomorrow.  I'm hoping I either dilated or effaced slightly.  I was 1.5 and 75%.  I'll be thrilled with 2 or 90% but as long as I don't move backwards I'll be happy.  Its still more than a week before my mom gets here anyway.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#9 of 11 Old 11-15-2010, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Wifeofant, I have another appointment with cervical check tomorrow as well!  I was 80% and 1 cm almost 2 weeks ago, so I'm hoping for any kind of progress.  I feel like SOMETHING should be changing down there considering all the contrax, but you never know.  I'm going to try to prepare myself in case there's no change. 

Lori ~ wife to DH 5 yrs ~ DS born naturally 11.20.10!
#10 of 11 Old 11-15-2010, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I post way too often but i don't have a life.  redface.gif

Anyway, my ipod is set to shuffle and Jordin Sparks' 'One Step At A Time' came on.  I wonder if she was writing about showbiz or waiting for babies to arrive...  Definitely the song of the day.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#11 of 11 Old 11-15-2010, 12:53 PM

I had a round of BH contrax last night, while lying in bed. They went on for quite a while, and were tight and uncomfortable, but not really painful. Mad me have to get up and pee a bunch. Feeling baby move a lot, but baby is still ROA, ROL, despite me encouraging baby to turn LOA. I really hope I don't have another posterior baby. Made me go, oh yeah, I better remember some of my labor/comfort techniques. I am 37 weeks in a couple days, but I don't think I will go into labor that soon. I am glad because my midwives will attend me from this point on, and the baby would be term, but I doubt I'll go this early. I think it will be closer to the due date. I am freaking out that I only have 3 weeks left until my due date. Scheduled my one u/s for Friday, and seeing my midwives Wednesday this week. I would say I am anxious and nervous, not really excited about this upcoming birth. I am trying for a vbac, and it is a big deal to me. I will not be asking for any cervical checks prior to labor, because last time I didn't really like the experience and they told me nothing.

Maria, wife to DH, mama to DS 09/2007, #2 12/2010 and hoping for a

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page