Appointment Thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 11-30-2010, 05:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Went yesterday, at 36w5d.  Did the GBS (vaginal swab only, which was a nice surprise, relatively speaking!).  Got the green light to continue working on spinningbabies techniques to turn this beast's head in the right direction.

Based on 2 ultrasounds, we guestimate this baby will be nearly 9lbs by our 39.5 week induction plan.  So now I'm both worried that he "could" be as small as 7lbs or as big as 11lbs, which really goes to show that I shouldn't be privvy to that information at all, lol!  I need to learn to shut my brain off.

My last two appointments have been scheduled for 12/7 and 12/14.  I'm officially the mws' last patient on their current-office roster.  Now I have to decide whether to continue my well-woman care with the mws in their new location or stick with the OB in the current spot, where my 4" folder currently resides.

I also have to figure out a way to squelch my heartburn and reflux or there will be no DTD to prep this cervix!  "Sorry, honey.  The concept makes me feel like puking!" Bolt.gif

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 45 Old 11-30-2010, 10:42 AM

38 week appt this morning

-baby is breech oblique

- ECV from Tuesday, 11/22 was unsuccessful

Chiro appt tomorrow morning

1 hour massage and adjustment

Doula appointment coming up

Next appt is 12/8

Pre-op is 12/8

C-section set for 10 am on 12/9

BP great, weight gain is steady, surely I will tip 200 lbs by next week.  UGH!

Sigh...

#33 of 45 Old 11-30-2010, 11:04 AM

Had our home visit yesterday with MW. All went well outside of the GBS discussion...I had forgotten that I was supposed to decide by yesterday. We are putting it off until next week and I am considering doing the test and using garlic or yogurt insertions with vit C and probiotic increases....may even do some grapefruit seed extract. 

Had my blood checked for iron and platelets which were borderline low last visit (reason for transfer of care last pregnancy). Keeping my fingers crossed for both!!!

Head is still down...despite one of the midwives declaring that the baby was transverse...which I can tell it never has been. 

BP great 105/62 as usual. I feel great, things all look good...

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#34 of 45 Old 11-30-2010, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

My 39 week appointment

3 cm now (up from 2.5-3) and 80% effaced.  He offered to strip my membranes but I declined.  He said I'm probably one of the first ones to decline, lol.  Most women are 'begging' to have it done.  I'd be okay with it next week since I'll be past my due date but I just don't want it done now.  Weight is good, still gaining but not dramatically.  Blood Pressure is still good (115/75).  I can't wait for this baby to come...  DH says I'm torturing him by declining the membrane sweep. duh.gif  I'm the one pregnant, right?  So wouldn't that mean I'm torturing *myself*?  Doc also brought up induction.  He says he 'doesn't go past 42 weeks' so the latest possible date could be the 17th (41w5d and a Friday).  Plus he's going to be busy on call at his other hospital (he has privileges at both) for four days in a row over the weekend after my due date.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#35 of 45 Old 11-30-2010, 12:53 PM

Had my 39 week appt today. BP perfect as well as all over levels. Birthtub set up and all supplies ready. I have been constantly cleaning my house because he could come at any time!

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

#36 of 45 Old 11-30-2010, 08:31 PM

Had my 37wk risk assessment with backup OB yesterday.  Everything is great!  Weight gain is good, fundal height is LARGE, but that's expected.  I'm 2.5cm and at -3station (my kiddos don't drop until active labor).  I'm just READY.  OB said he'd be floored if I make it to 39wks given my stats and history.  Tomorrow is my brother's Bday - I think it's a good day to have a baby, no?  ;)

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Mama to: Kaleb 9/12/2005 * Adeline 7/02/08 (born at home!) & 'Dot' EDD 12/23/2010
#37 of 45 Old 12-02-2010, 07:35 AM

Had my 38 week appt yesterday - my weight has stabilized (I've gained 40 lbs total) so hopefully that's a sign that the baby is getting ready to arrive. Up until now, I've been gaining several pounds a week... My blood pressure was good and DD got to help us listen to the baby's heartbeat :) Midwife estimates that the baby is between 6.5-7 lbs.

Mama to Ellie (11/11/05) and Owen, born 12/12/10 - a successful VBAC!
#38 of 45 Old 12-02-2010, 08:21 AM

Just had our 37 week homevisit yesterday.  Baby is loooooowwww, I've never had a baby even drop before I start pushing them out!  It's weird.  When I lay on my back, it's butt is all the way down by my belly button!  I'm only measuring 36 cent, was 37 last week, because it just keeps getting lower and lower.  I've been feeling really worried about a baby coming soon since I was sick last weekend with a stomach bug and had loads of regular contractions while I was trying to get my hydration back up.  I'm not feeling ready, but hopefully my husband won't have to work this weekend and I can get a lot done and then feel prepared for whenever they choose to arrive.  Blood pressure is good, we don't do weight, but I've gained about 25, I was really hoping to only gain 15, but it's still the lowest gain I've had and I haven't eaten very well this time due to a huge variety of reasons.  We talked about what I want for this birth, showed her around, it was nice. 

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#39 of 45 Old 12-02-2010, 10:04 AM

Had our 38.5 week appt yesterday, pretty uneventful. Ran into a friend on our way in who is now a few days overdue and I thought, "Ooh I hope that won't be me after 10 days". All stats are normal, now just waiting.

I have felt no nesting impulses whatsoever, the house is a bit of a mess (usual state), but all supplies and tub are ready and so am I! Hoping to avoid FIL's birthday on the 12th and my Christmas DH. Am I the only one not feeling a nesting urge? Seems like everyone else here is cleaning, cooking, cleaning. I come home from work and I crash, sometimes I wipe the crumbs off the counter for a neat appearance and file away paid bills that accumulate on the coffee table, but I feel like there is no way I can break out the vacuum or organize kitchen cabinets at this point. Around 6 pm, I usually can't stand, sit or lay down comfortably and I walk around in a state of semi-exhaustion. Yeah, I am so ready!

DS 12/2010 bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif
#40 of 45 Old 12-02-2010, 03:54 PM

Had my appointment today...38.5 weeks. Honestly surprised to still be pregnant. My mom is here and can only stay another week- we bought her plane tickets knowing that she could only stay 2 weeks, and thinking I would probably be early again. I really need her to be here to watch DD so I can relax fully in the hospital- we haven't used a babysitter since we moved here. So we are kind of in a time crunch....please don't judge! 

I was 3 cm, 50% effaced. We decided to roll with the membranes stripping/castor oil routine. We did the same thing with DD, and I had lots of spotting and lost my mucus plug pretty quickly. This time, not so much. But I've been having contractions for a few hours now, and I'm hoping they don't fade out. 

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
#41 of 45 Old 12-02-2010, 04:04 PM

I had my 37wk appointment (home visit) yesterday and I also went into the lab for bloodwork to test for toxemia. My initial bloodwork looks good so hopefully the urine/blood results from yesterday will be fine, too. 

As I was emailing DH and telling him that we should have some mint chocolate chip ice cream tonight, I suddenly realized that I've gained about 50 pounds so far. huh.gif Of course that won't hinder my desire for ice cream....

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#42 of 45 Old 12-02-2010, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by porttack View Post

I have felt no nesting impulses whatsoever, the house is a bit of a mess (usual state), but all supplies and tub are ready and so am I! Hoping to avoid FIL's birthday on the 12th and my Christmas DH. Am I the only one not feeling a nesting urge? Seems like everyone else here is cleaning, cooking, cleaning. I come home from work and I crash, sometimes I wipe the crumbs off the counter for a neat appearance and file away paid bills that accumulate on the coffee table, but I feel like there is no way I can break out the vacuum or organize kitchen cabinets at this point. Around 6 pm, I usually can't stand, sit or lay down comfortably and I walk around in a state of semi-exhaustion. Yeah, I am so ready!

No nesting here either.  Its not like I *could* do anything anyway because my mom is here following me around cleaning.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#43 of 45 Old 12-02-2010, 07:28 PM

I had my 37 week appt wed.   I'm actually 37 weeks tomorrow, friday.  My hematocrit is over 12, yay me! which greatly reduces my worries about the complications from bleeding. I've never been much of a bleeder, but this is baby 5 for me, so I was a little more concerned, plus I'm older, I've been working full time and I'm tired!

I had another NST and ultrasound and everything is a-ok. The only worry is my blood pressure which seems to spike here and there... it's normally 106/60 or somewhere around there, but my visit before was 124/74 and this last one was 134/80... which sounds normal, but when you consider MY normal... the systolic jump is 28pts!  That's kind of a lot, but I havn't had a lot of other symptoms of pre-e... a little bit of swelling, and a little bit of dizzyness and blurry or starry vision, but very little.

But these symptoms are making my doc a little antsy and she'd like to break my water on the 14th and get baby out sooner rather than later.... my edd is on the 24th.  I went ahead and scheduled the time on the 14th, but I'm more than willing to back out and wait if I feel like that's the right thing to do. He may come before that too... who knows.

Anyway, I hope the gbs is negative... it always has been before, but I don't want to be pressured into an IV and antibiotics during labor.

I'm on weekly visits now too... so my next one is on Wed the 8th.  This last visit I was 2-2.5 cm and about 60% effaced or a little more, and the cervix has shifted anteriorly and baby's head is down more... not as ballotable as last time... so, with all the pressure and ctx I've had in the last 3 days, I'm hoping maybe things will just kick into gear on their own in the next week or so.

Mostly, I'm just really looking forward to getting baby OUT and getting my body back to myself!!!

Mom of 5 working full-time and waiting to go to nursing school! Whew! I need a nap! joy.gif

#44 of 45 Old 12-03-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porttack View Post
Am I the only one not feeling a nesting urge? Seems like everyone else here is cleaning, cooking, cleaning. I come home from work and I crash, sometimes I wipe the crumbs off the counter for a neat appearance and file away paid bills that accumulate on the coffee table, but I feel like there is no way I can break out the vacuum or organize kitchen cabinets at this point. Around 6 pm, I usually can't stand, sit or lay down comfortably and I walk around in a state of semi-exhaustion. Yeah, I am so ready!

Yup, no nesting urge here either. My partner keeps asking me when it's going to kick in so I start cleaning. I keep explaining to him it's a good thing I have NOT had any nesting urge kick in because we just moved two weeks ago and the place is a disaster. It's not even humanly possible to get it all done before baby, if I tried I'd have a nervous breakdown -- so it's a good thing I'm just relaxed about it! Or if not relaxed then yes, just too exhausted.

Had a sort of appointment today -- actually my midwife asked me to be her pregnant model for her skills exam for her CPM certification. She was super nervous but it went well. It was funny though because for the skills exam she had to do all sorts of things we don't normally do, like check height and weight, check reflexes, do a breast exam. She took me out to lunch afterwards, she's awesome.

I'm having a real appointment with her Sunday, when she'll bring the birth tub and any other supplies over to my house.

mama to jasper (12-17-10) and theodora (11-13-12)

#45 of 45 Old 12-03-2010, 02:47 PM

37 week appt today...so far, so good!

My bp has been steadily dropping each appt...normally about 110/70, now it's something like 98/63? My weight gain is slowing down, not quite at 30 lb yet. Apparently, my blood iron level is stellar. The kid's heart sounds good. S/he is apparently still vertex, though I tend to feel pokes in front during the day, then s/he's butt out at night. I guess s/he gets bored and just wants a little variety during the day!

I had the GBS done today so hoping it comes back negative. I haven't had a cervical exam yet so no idea about dilation.

The midwife I saw said it seems like we're ready to have a baby and wouldn't be surprised if I ended up in labor tonight. Wha?? No! Too soon! bigeyes.gif 

Our Tiger Cub arrived 12/29/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page