Looking for some opinions, please share your thoughts.
36 weeks today, baby Julian loves the transverse lie position but moves a lot and has been in vertex (for less than 48 hrs) and oblique breech in the last 2 weeks.
Right now I am scheduled for a version on Tuesday, 11/22. I am not feeling compelled by that option at 1 day shy of 37 weeks.
Between now and then I will have 2 chiro appts-today and Monday (he specializes in prego mamas) and a doula visit. I will seek their advice too and hope that between the visits and my at home methods (moxa, pelvic rocks, couch inversion technique, music/flashlight near pubic bone) that he'll change to the vertex position.
A) Keep my Tuesday appt for the version
B) Post pone it after Thanksgiving: I have an ultrasound appt on Tuesday, Nov. 30th (1 day shy of 38 weeks). I figured if he was STILL not vertex then we could do the version.
MW mentioned that I could receive an induction at 39 weeks if we find him vertex to prevent him moving out of the position, he's still so active!
I don't want a CS or an induction nor do I want the inversion. This is my 2nd child, DD was born at 38 wks, natural, med-free birth.
Having just gone through planning out my WW*I*D for that situation, *I* would keep the version appointment for 36w6d. There's always the chance that the u/s (which they have to do anyway) will show that the chiropractic work worked!
I certainly wouldn't want a version either, but it beats a c-section (imo). While it's certainly possible that you could go a whole 42 weeks+ with this baby, you can't ingore the fact that you've gone at 38 weeks. And, if you go again at 38 weeks and the baby hasn't turned, you're really only left with a rushed attempted version and/or a c-section.
What is your distance from the hospital?
For me, one of my biggest fears was the 1 hour + drive if my water were to break. The increased risk of cord prolapse really freaked me out.
It truly is a very personal choice, so please know I'm sharing what I was planning to do, not necessarily what I think should be universal. ;-)
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)
If it were me, I'd keep the appointment too. Your other methods (chiro, pelvic rocking) may work, but if they don't, I'd personally prefer to have that intervention versus the kind of intervention you'd get if your baby is still transverse at 40 weeks (possible c/s). Good luck - one of mine stayed transverse through most of the third trimester and it was agonizing and uncomfortable, but he did turn. He was late, but he wasn't breech. :)
Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**** - EDD December 17, 2010
There's more chance the version will work if done earlier. Some drs won't attempt a version after 37 weeks. I'd keep the appointment and try the chiro first and spinning babies etc and hope it helps.
Sorry you're having to go through the stress.
My first baby was breech, and we scheduled a version. They did an u/s at 5pm and set up an appointment for 8am the next morning for the version. That night I didn't even try to turn her, I didn't bother, I just surrendered to the version. And the next morning they got me up on the table, prepped and ready for the version, turned on the u/s to watch as they performed it, and what do ya know, she turned overnight and was head down! I hope it works out as well for you.
Thank you for the input ladies. He did go head down with the chiro work but it was short-lived, about 4 hours. I even purchased a binder at the office but he popped right out. Sigh...
He's super active at the moment. It's a difficult place to be: a part of me believes (or is holding out hope) that he'll come to it on his own, then the other side of me says, 'that's just wishful thinking'.
Go with the wishful thinking, otherwise known as positive thinking! It only takes a moment for a baby to turn and you have lots of moments left! But I appreciate your stress. Mine is breech, and has been for as long as we could tell. I am 34 weeks but still feeling panicked. So I feel for you! Have you tried the Hynobabies "turn baby turn" tracks? I will try that next. Just keep working at it. You can only do what you can do, the rest is fate. You are onto it. You are doing everything you can. Hugs and happy head down wishes!