aslmere is in the hospital - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 11-17-2010, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I don't know if her birth buddy has any more information but she just posted this on facebook about 2 hours ago.

Quote:

being admitted for observation. possible IUGR. not sure what is going to happen now...

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#2 of 23 Old 11-17-2010, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh gosh, I hope it all works out ok. Thanks for letting us know. Keep us updated if you can.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#3 of 23 Old 11-17-2010, 05:56 PM

Oh my! I hope everything is okay. 

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#4 of 23 Old 11-17-2010, 05:59 PM

No I don't have any more info and she did *not* ask me to post anything here for her which is why I hadn't.  I told her (on her FB)  to let me know if she wanted it posted.

I just re-read that and it sounds super grouchy, sorry.  I am just super sererate about what I share where, so I did not want to post anything without express permission.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#5 of 23 Old 11-17-2010, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Oh.  I hope she's not upset then. crap.gif

I'm sorry aslmere if you didn't want that posted here!!

#6 of 23 Old 11-17-2010, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Update...  still sorry!!  I just don't want everyone to keep worrying until she can update it herself. greensad.gif

Quote:
small update: for now we are just watching. the baby looks great on the monitor. that is very reassuring. I will have another us on friday to look further for something that is causing her mo

Yes, it does cut off mid-word.

#7 of 23 Old 11-17-2010, 07:33 PM

I'm her buddy!  Just saw this on FB as well.  She did want me to post and get as many positive vibes and prayers going for them and that little baby girl.  Baby doesn't appear to be growing. They will have another ultrasound on Friday to determine if baby is growing and where to go from there.  She's admitted and staying at the hopsital until then at least.  She says she's having a hard time letting go of the idea that the baby is better off inside for as long as possible than out. 

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Mama to: Kaleb 9/12/2005 * Adeline 7/02/08 (born at home!) & 'Dot' EDD 12/23/2010
#8 of 23 Old 11-17-2010, 08:30 PM

Jamie, I'm glad you've communicated, I forgot we were sharing Nina! :)

#9 of 23 Old 11-17-2010, 08:57 PM

We're actually not sharing anymore.  Sarah updated the Buddy thread about a week ago- now there is you and someone?  and Nina and myself.  I was accidentally left off the list, so I made it an even number and we didn't have to do a group of 3.  :) 

ETA:  :lol:  You ARE Sarah, aren't you?  LOL!  Sorry, I'm tired!  You updated (and sent a PM) so it's you and ema-adama and me and Nina.  :)  Am I missing something? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post

Jamie, I'm glad you've communicated, I forgot we were sharing Nina! :)

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Mama to: Kaleb 9/12/2005 * Adeline 7/02/08 (born at home!) & 'Dot' EDD 12/23/2010
#10 of 23 Old 11-17-2010, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndysQueen View Post

I'm her buddy!  Just saw this on FB as well.  She did want me to post and get as many positive vibes and prayers going for them and that little baby girl.  Baby doesn't appear to be growing. They will have another ultrasound on Friday to determine if baby is growing and where to go from there.  She's admitted and staying at the hopsital until then at least.  She says she's having a hard time letting go of the idea that the baby is better off inside for as long as possible than out. 

ddcc to send good vibes her way!!!

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#11 of 23 Old 11-17-2010, 09:11 PM

:lol yup, that's me! :)  I thought (I really have no idea and don't care enough to look right now! :)) that Nina is with both of us because ema-adama is in Isreal and it may make it more difficult to reach each other.  Oh well, as long as all have someone to help us out!  Sorry for creeping in Jamie!

#12 of 23 Old 11-17-2010, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

sending postive vibes your way!!

mama to Alex 20 Briana 16 Cory 10 and Jade 3Tubes tied and regret it
#13 of 23 Old 11-18-2010, 12:45 AM

Oy, I have been so out of touch. I thought I was still the birth buddy, and was really surprised to see this thread.

Aslmere, I hope you are getting some rest and being well taken care of. What a stressful way to finish your pregnancy.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#14 of 23 Old 11-18-2010, 07:27 AM

LOL!  This must really make Nina feel good that we're all fighting over her!  ;) 

Jamie * Andy's Queen
#15 of 23 Old 11-18-2010, 09:29 AM

Sending positive vibes your way NINA and family!

We are thinking about you.

Loving Mom to DD (09/06) and dear friend to DH expecting numero dos en 12/14/2010 hoping for and lots of
#16 of 23 Old 11-18-2010, 10:25 AM

I have a computer now!!!

I am BORED! But today is just a watch day.

Baby's growth has just about stopped. She is at least a full month behind. She has always been on the small side, but she was always following a growth curve and now she is not.

So we are monitoring to see how she is, so far so good. Her heartrate is great and reactive and she is still very active.

I will have another big us friday morning. The peri is kind of hoping to find an answer to why she stopped growing, but realistically that probably isn't going to happen.

So then they will take all the data and we will have a hard discussion about whether she would be better off outside than in. I am having a really hard time wrapping my head around the idea that she would be better in an incubator than my uterus...

I am grateful for the watch and see attitude, I am being warned about the possiblility of a baby before thanksgiving, but noone wants to do that unless it is absolutely neccessary.

This totally came from left field. I was prepared for complications from my old rupture scar, which actually hasn't changed at all in the last month, so that is one good thing. But I wasn't ready for this!

Feeling a bit like a baby making failure.

The hospital recently remodled the rooms and they put in new super deep whirlpool tubs. I got to use one last night and was in heaven! My bathtub at home is a puddle in comparison.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!

Nina

#17 of 23 Old 11-18-2010, 12:45 PM

Hugs. You're not a baby making failure. <3 You're doing an amazing job of making and sustaining and loving this human. This is just nature, sometimes these things happen for whatever reason. But it's not you fault. You're working a miracle here and doing it perfectly.

I hope the baby is able to hang in there for longer and won't need too much special care at birth, that would no doubt be very difficult to handle, emotionally. Keep us updated. Meanwhile just take care of yourself and I hope you're comfortable and not too stressed over it all and have all the support you need. 

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#18 of 23 Old 11-18-2010, 01:03 PM

Dr. Google says that symmetrical IUGR is
better than asymmetrical IUGR. And usually due to baby chromosomal issues rather
than placental or umbilical insufficiency. And usually symmetrical IUGR is fine
to just monitor for a while. Bedrest and lots of NST's. Baby's slow growth is
definately symmetrical...so yay?

These beds aren't the most comfortable but I am decently comfortable. I only have to have the baby heartrate monitor on constantly and the contraction monitor only occasionally.

Noone is asking to check my cervix at all, so I don't have to worry about that. Food is ok. Coffee is terrible.

I already applied for and was  granted extra caregiver hours for my special needs son so that is a relief. My DH is still having to take some time off to care for our 2 yr old when the other is at school.

But hopefully we will get to go home tomorrow and I can direct from the bed and let Asher watch a lot of barney :)

I really really don't want an NICU stay, I really don't want to have to try and build a milk supply by pumping....did that with my first and it is NOT fun and for me not very successful. My milk didn't fully come in until she was about 2 1/2 months old and home and stong enough to nurse 100%.

#19 of 23 Old 11-18-2010, 01:30 PM

hugs mama. Praying for you and your family.

Grace, happily married DH. Nathan h20homebirth.gif12.22.10 familybed1.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#20 of 23 Old 11-18-2010, 04:09 PM

I'm thinking about you. hug.gif Please keep us posted.

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#21 of 23 Old 11-18-2010, 07:55 PM

((((hugs))))

Hang in there mama. Im sending lots of prayers you and your family's way!

Fiona Rose  stillheart.gif12.25.10stillheart.gif

#22 of 23 Old 11-18-2010, 09:04 PM

Thinking of you and hoping for great news tomorrow!!!  Hopefully you'll be home in no time and have a couple more weeks before her arrival!

#23 of 23 Old 11-19-2010, 02:17 PM

Any new updates, Nina?  Hope all is well!  :)

Jamie * Andy's Queen

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page