I check here everyday thinking SURELY one of us has given birth! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 11-17-2010, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

But alas, no. We are some kind of incubators ladies! love.gif

Fat Scottish Gal likes this.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#2 of 17 Old 11-17-2010, 06:04 PM

I keep thinking the same thing!  No preemies in the entire bunch and we're almost to the point that there won't even be any pre-term babies for the mamas at the end of the month even!  Amazing!!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#3 of 17 Old 11-17-2010, 06:25 PM

That's right, even our resident twin mama is going strong, this is wonderful. I hope we all have healthy births and healthy babies. 

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#4 of 17 Old 11-17-2010, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I don't think we're going to make it much longer.  From the sounds of it we'll have at least two (three?) births by the middle of next week.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#5 of 17 Old 11-17-2010, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

LOL! We are made of awesome, aren't we? I am a fairly certain they are inducing next Tuesday, but 38 weeks for twins is more than great IMO.

MyLittleWonders likes this.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#6 of 17 Old 11-17-2010, 08:06 PM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

It is awesome! :)

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#7 of 17 Old 11-18-2010, 06:29 AM

I think it's pretty great, too, but I am starting to feel like it won't be much longer for me, but then again, maybe I just feel like that because I'm kinda always uncomfortable these days...I can't wait for the births to start!!

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#8 of 17 Old 11-18-2010, 06:45 AM

I know! I can't believe we've made it to Nov 18. not long now though and all those gorgeous pics of adorable newborns will be flooding in to drive us all crazy with maternal hormones and broodiness :)

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#9 of 17 Old 11-18-2010, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

As of tomorrow all of our December Due Date mamas will have reached 34+ weeks.  We make it this one last day and all the babies will be full term or at least 'near term' preemies.  Hopefully we don't have too many post-term babies!

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#10 of 17 Old 11-18-2010, 08:51 AM

Well, I might go early. I was going to make a thread about this but I haven't felt up to it....anyway, I had a kidney stone Monday night and ended up going to the hospital, where I passed the stone without drugs and started having some contractions. I let them check me and I was dilated to 4....couple hours of regular but weak contractions later, I was almost at 5. They put me on IV fluids to hydrate me and the contractions stopped, but I was still at almost 5 and slightly effaced when they let me go home, and now I'm resting at home on midwife's orders not to do any lifting, housework, etc.

The good news is that a) we "accidentally" found out the baby is a boy when they did a diagnostic ultrasound to check the EDD, and b) if he stays in until Monday we can still have our home birth :)

#11 of 17 Old 11-18-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynsage View Post

Well, I might go early. I was going to make a thread about this but I haven't felt up to it....anyway, I had a kidney stone Monday night and ended up going to the hospital, where I passed the stone without drugs and started having some contractions. I let them check me and I was dilated to 4....couple hours of regular but weak contractions later, I was almost at 5. They put me on IV fluids to hydrate me and the contractions stopped, but I was still at almost 5 and slightly effaced when they let me go home, and now I'm resting at home on midwife's orders not to do any lifting, housework, etc.

The good news is that a) we "accidentally" found out the baby is a boy when they did a diagnostic ultrasound to check the EDD, and b) if he stays in until Monday we can still have our home birth :)

That's not too long to wait, hopefully the little boy (yay!) will stay put for the next few days and you can enjoy some R&R. 

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#12 of 17 Old 11-19-2010, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynsage View Post

Congrats on a baby boy! Praying he stays in until Monday! (I'd have to UC if I were that close!!!!)

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#13 of 17 Old 11-19-2010, 08:11 AM

I had a dream last night (one of the brief moments I actually slept!) that I came on here to check the board and there were 3 birth announcements including gorgeous photos of tiny wrinkly newborns.

But then I had another dream where I gave birth to a baby girl and my neighbor gave birth to a baby boy and told me I had promised her we'd swap babies, so we did and I loved the boy but missed the girl so bad and hated to see her in someone else's arms. I think it's because my next door neighbor has already been talking about how she can't wait to come over and hold my newborn, but I like to just keep it low key for 2 weeks with no visitors and i guess I'm worried she'll barge in, which is probably what the dream was getting at.

Anyway hehe. That went a bit off topic sorry. :)

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#14 of 17 Old 11-19-2010, 10:48 AM

my babies do not come early

so i will be late Dec if that

i really do not want to go into Jan

loving wife of 10 years, stay at home mom to
Sam 05 Isaac 06 Melody 08Baby #4 2010
#15 of 17 Old 11-19-2010, 02:16 PM

I will probabllly be having a c-section at 39 weeks.  My midwife today said she would be very surprised if my placenta moves enough for a vaginal birth.  But that puts me at Dec 21 instead of the 28, so I still have aways.

#16 of 17 Old 11-19-2010, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova22 View Post

That's right, even our resident twin mama is going strong, this is wonderful. I hope we all have healthy births and healthy babies. 

Is annettemarie the only twin mama we have? What happened to all the others? 

#17 of 17 Old 11-20-2010, 12:29 PM

Our babies are genuises - the know to stay inside, where it's warm! 

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page