Ultrasound tomorrow - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-18-2010, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am having my one and only ultrasound this pregnancy tomorrow afternoon. I didn't have any during my pregnancy with my son, and I would prefer none this time either, but my midwives want me to because I'm a vbac. I've agreed, but now am nervous that something will be wrong, the placenta will be on my scar, or be low lying near the cervix and I'll need another cesearean which would be heart breaking for me. Part of my mind knows that this in not likely, that everything should be fine, placenta should be in a fine location, but I am still nervous. I also don't know the baby's sex and don't want to be told, and I plan on being clear about that, but would hate it if someone slipped up. And I am always nervous in dr. or medical settings. My DH is going with me, so I have his support. I will be happy when it's over. Wish me luck!

Maria, wife to DH, mama to DS 09/2007, #2 12/2010 and hoping for a
#2 of 8 Old 11-19-2010, 04:46 AM

Will definitely be thinking of you. I had a short U/S the other day, also at my midwifes request. Thankfully the doctor did not ask about any previous U/S (or why I have not done them), let my husband and son be present with me and did it very quickly. He also took the probe off my abdomen when he was measuring the images he had taken, making the exposure even shorter.

DH and my midwife are reassured by all the parameters that were measured.

I can totally relate to you feeling nervous about being in a medical setting. I get really stressed out, hence DH coming with me. I think some doctors are also more likely to be pleasant if there is a man present.

fingersx.gif your placenta is in a good place and there is no reason for the technician/doctor to worry about what they are seeing.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#3 of 8 Old 11-19-2010, 08:10 AM

Good luck. I really hope everything goes well--keep us posted!

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#4 of 8 Old 11-19-2010, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

I couldn't get my ultrasound today because of an insurance problem. I am on state medicaid and the ultrasound place said they accepted it when I scheduled my appointment and I was sent my cards way back in May, haven't had to use it. Well, I go today, and apparently I am showing up as ineligible in the system. I am so frustrated. I complete all my paperwork on time, provide all the accurate information, and then have to deal with a hassle every time I try to use my insurance. I hate this system. So now I have to call my worker, wait for her to get back to me and fix a problem that shouldn't even be an issue, and then I have to reschedule, hopefully for next week, but it's a holiday week, so I don't know. I'm due in 3 weeks, I need to get this done soon. And I was already nervous about the ultrasound. I seriously thought about just paying cash today because it's only a little over $200 since I am getting a limited ultrasound just to check placental location. But then I figured I have to call and clear this up anyway, as this insurance is my back up in case I need it, and I may as well see if it's something that can be resolved quickly. We can then use the cash for something else. Just needed to vent because I'm pissed off. Medicaid has just been a hassle and a headache from the moment I applied.

#5 of 8 Old 11-19-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Time Mama View Post

I couldn't get my ultrasound today because of an insurance problem. I am on state medicaid and the ultrasound place said they accepted it when I scheduled my appointment and I was sent my cards way back in May, haven't had to use it. Well, I go today, and apparently I am showing up as ineligible in the system. I am so frustrated. I complete all my paperwork on time, provide all the accurate information, and then have to deal with a hassle every time I try to use my insurance. I hate this system. So now I have to call my worker, wait for her to get back to me and fix a problem that shouldn't even be an issue, and then I have to reschedule, hopefully for next week, but it's a holiday week, so I don't know. I'm due in 3 weeks, I need to get this done soon. And I was already nervous about the ultrasound. I seriously thought about just paying cash today because it's only a little over $200 since I am getting a limited ultrasound just to check placental location. But then I figured I have to call and clear this up anyway, as this insurance is my back up in case I need it, and I may as well see if it's something that can be resolved quickly. We can then use the cash for something else. Just needed to vent because I'm pissed off. Medicaid has just been a hassle and a headache from the moment I applied.

hug2.gif

I had to deal with my own Medicaid nightmare for months and months during this pregnancy. Right now, I'm dealing with trying to get reimbursed for all the appointments and tests I had to pay for out of pocket b/c Medicaid had processed my paperwork incorrectly and I wasn't in the system as PREGNANT...even though the pregnancy was the only reason why I even applied for Medicaid.

I hope it all works out for you soon!!

Our Tiger Cub arrived 12/29/10
#6 of 8 Old 11-19-2010, 03:29 PM

HUGS HUGS HUGS

we have med cover here, (canada)

so i am not in your shoes

but i can feel your stress

HUGS HUGS HUGS

loving wife of 10 years, stay at home mom to
Sam 05 Isaac 06 Melody 08Baby #4 2010
#7 of 8 Old 11-19-2010, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

So I got in touch with my caseworker and apparently it's a computer glitch they have to fix. She said she'll work on it on Monday, and they have to fix it on the computer system statewide, so I should be able to reschedule an appointment on Tuesday. I don't know if they are closed all week for the Thanksgiving holiday or not though, so I'm thinking it might be beginning of next week. Which is probably fine. I spoke to my midwife and she said I could also go to one of those ultrasound for posterity places and just ask them to get a shot of the placenta. I asked what happens if I go into labor before I can get an ultrasound, and she said in that case they will come attend me and we will cross our fingers and hope for the best, and that the problem/issue we are ruling out with the ultrasound is uncommon. They just want to rule it out so they are not dealing with an emergency hemmohorage. I think I still have a few weeks left to go, and probably won't go into labor that soon, even though I am feeling done.

#8 of 8 Old 11-20-2010, 09:54 PM

hug.gif

I hope you are able to find a solution soon. That sounds very frustrating.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page