Mothering Forum banner

I gave birth on Thursday!

2K views 38 replies 37 participants last post by  coraljean 
#1 ·
Wow, it's been a few crazy days, but I wanted to let you all know that I was called in for an emergency induction on Tuesday night and had my baby girl Thursday morning! Apart from the Pitocin I managed to have a med-free natural labor and we got home last night.

Am I really the first??

I'll update with more details and the full birth story later, but please welcome:

Saskia Rosemary

EDD 12/3

Born 11/18/10 (37w 6d)

6lbs 11oz, 19.5 inches. Healthy and adorable!!

Basically, I went to my prenatal last Friday (the 12th) and vaguely mentioned that my skin was mildly itchy, especially at night. No big deal. I was seeing a different OB than usual, and she decided to do some labwork even though it wasn't really indicated. The labs didn't come back until Tuesday, but they showed seriously abnormal liver and kidney function, and the beginnings of pregnancy induced hypertension. I guess all that combined equals early HELLP syndrome. Still had no outward symptoms and I was in shock that they wanted to induce. By the time I gave birth Thursday morning the levels were so bad that they would have done an emergency c-section had the baby not already been out. I guess I'm really lucky, on a lot of levels.

I'll write the rest of the birth story very soon!

I also want to thank Sonrisa for keeping in touch with me even though I had barely even introduced myself as her DDC birth contact partner. Mid "hello" PM I was telling her I was heading to the hospital! I hope I can do a better job communicating for your birth than I did at communicating with you for mine.

Here's a pic!saskia.jpg

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations!!! I just met a woman last month who had an emergency C section because HELLP had progressed too far; glad you were still able to have a vaginal birth, and way to go with no epidural!

And what a cutie!

#4 ·
Congrats!! Yes she does seem to be the first DDC baby. I'm just sitting here thinking of how I'm one day past when you were when you had her.
luxlove.gif
I can't wait for my baby!!

#7 ·
Congratulations, she is beautiful!!! You're amazing, having a pitocin-induced birth and still forgoing pain medication, you really worked hard for little Saskia. I'm so glad everything turned out okay.

#8 ·
Congratulations!! Saskia is absolutely beautiful and looks so peaceful in her photo!!

Good job listening to your body, mama. Thats so awesome that you were able to catch the HELLP so soon and were able to avoid so many interventions!!

Hopefully youre enjoying your babymoon!!!
joy.gif

#9 ·
Congratulations! She's beautiful. How exciting, our first baby. I'm glad it all turned out ok and it sounds like you did and amazing job with the cards you were dealt. Sounds like a situation that could have gone bad, turned into a very positive and beautiful experience! Good job Mama! You rock!

#13 ·
Wow! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! I had a friend who had to have an emergency c/s due to HELLP, so I definitely understand how lucky you were...and what a blessing you got the OB who went above and beyond! And you ROCK on the med free pitocin birth!!!! So excited for you and Saskia
love.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.