Who else has a planned birth date? - Mothering Forums

Thread Tools
#1 of 4 Old 11-22-2010, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter
MyFullHouse's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 591
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm really hoping to go into labor before our planned date, but I'm not all that optomistic based on my history of delivering at 40w1d, 41w, 40w1d, and 42w.  Our reluctantly-elective induction will probably be 12/18 or 12/19 (days shy of 40w).


I'm trying to focus on the positives like easier child care, knowing we'll be home for Christmas, and less worry about weather and traffic, but it's still strange to know so far in advance.  The inductions I've had in the past were decided 12 hours to 3 days before they happened.  I really don't like scheduling for non-medical reasons, but I'm trying to make peace with our circumstances.


I'd love to hear how others who are scheduled are coping!

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)
MyFullHouse is offline  
Sponsored Links
#2 of 4 Old 11-22-2010, 11:26 AM
MoonStarFalling's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IL
Posts: 2,748
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm scheduled for Dec 16th but would love to go into labor naturally before that.  It's my situation as well that I usually go past 41w but I'm remaining hopeful.  I do have a couple unrelated personal reasons why it's a plus to be home before Christmas.  I'm growing more attached to the idea of laboring and am afraid of feeling cheated if I have a c/s without labor.  I know it will all work out either way.  I'm pretty excited about not laying around the house at 41 weeks miserable!

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
MoonStarFalling is offline  
#3 of 4 Old 11-22-2010, 02:37 PM
raspberry.swirl's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Not quite in the same boat but the possibility was mentioned...

Julian is usually not head down and when he is, he's not engaged and flips and flops as he pleases.

So the idea of inducing me at 39 weeks was mentioned IF we catch him head down on the u/s.  This is because we wouldn't want to risk him turning around and then having to schedule a c/s.

He's head down as of 10 am this morning and we have an external version scheduled for tomorrow morning.  Hopefully it will be avoided b/c he's head down.


raspberry.swirl is offline  
#4 of 4 Old 11-22-2010, 06:38 PM
livinzoo's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Flowery Branch, GA
Posts: 1,320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I will probablly be having a c-section as I have a low lying placenta that hasn't moved enough.  It needs to be 2 cm away from the cervix and it is 7mm.  It has been that way for the last 5 weeks.  We will have 1 more ultrasound at 37 weeks, but they are doubtful that it will move.

livinzoo is offline  

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Online Users: 14,027

34 members and 13,993 guests
agentofchaos , BirthFree , Boodah'smama , Cerroalmu , Deborah , Dovenoir , fljen , Fluffer , hillymum , jamesmorrow , Katherine73 , Kelleybug , legitd , Lolita2345 , Lydia08 , manyhatsmom , MarylandMommy , Michele123 , moominmamma , MountainMamaGC , NaturallyKait , Nazsmum , NoTime2Day , pokeyac , redsally , RollerCoasterMama , Santiestemila , sarahsimmons , Shannon Barriere , shantimama , tapatio , zebra15 , zoeyzoo
Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.