Who else has a planned birth date? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-22-2010, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm really hoping to go into labor before our planned date, but I'm not all that optomistic based on my history of delivering at 40w1d, 41w, 40w1d, and 42w.  Our reluctantly-elective induction will probably be 12/18 or 12/19 (days shy of 40w).

I'm trying to focus on the positives like easier child care, knowing we'll be home for Christmas, and less worry about weather and traffic, but it's still strange to know so far in advance.  The inductions I've had in the past were decided 12 hours to 3 days before they happened.  I really don't like scheduling for non-medical reasons, but I'm trying to make peace with our circumstances.

I'd love to hear how others who are scheduled are coping!

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)

#2 of 4 Old 11-22-2010, 11:26 AM

I'm scheduled for Dec 16th but would love to go into labor naturally before that.  It's my situation as well that I usually go past 41w but I'm remaining hopeful.  I do have a couple unrelated personal reasons why it's a plus to be home before Christmas.  I'm growing more attached to the idea of laboring and am afraid of feeling cheated if I have a c/s without labor.  I know it will all work out either way.  I'm pretty excited about not laying around the house at 41 weeks miserable!

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#3 of 4 Old 11-22-2010, 02:37 PM

Not quite in the same boat but the possibility was mentioned...

Julian is usually not head down and when he is, he's not engaged and flips and flops as he pleases.

So the idea of inducing me at 39 weeks was mentioned IF we catch him head down on the u/s.  This is because we wouldn't want to risk him turning around and then having to schedule a c/s.

He's head down as of 10 am this morning and we have an external version scheduled for tomorrow morning.  Hopefully it will be avoided b/c he's head down.

#4 of 4 Old 11-22-2010, 06:38 PM

I will probablly be having a c-section as I have a low lying placenta that hasn't moved enough.  It needs to be 2 cm away from the cervix and it is 7mm.  It has been that way for the last 5 weeks.  We will have 1 more ultrasound at 37 weeks, but they are doubtful that it will move.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page