I am SO ready to be done now - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 11-23-2010, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been blessed with a very easy pregnancy this time. There was still plenty of complaining on my part, but that's all part of the fun of pregnancy, having a little moan now and then. But really, it's all gone very well. No problems at all.

Until yesterday. About midday my pelvis suddenly packed in. I can't think of what could have caused it. I did a lot of running around at the weekend and lifting some heavy things up and down the stairs. But not yesterday. Maybe it just took time to set in, I dunno. I'm thinking the baby just moved down and it was the final straw that broke the camel's pelvis...or my pelvis or whatever. 

Anyway, I'm extremely uncomfortable now. It's slightly better this morning that last night, but I can still hardly take 2 steps without horrible pain. I can't squat or bend easily. I had SPD with my second pregnancy and it feels just like that. It could really impact the birth I want, I want to be active and mobile etc. Everytime one of the kids drops some cereal or a piece of trash on the floor I feel like crying because I know i'm going to have to find a way to bend over and pick it up and it's going to hurt like heck.

I was looking forward to the birth before, but still enjoying and savoring my last weeks of pregnancy. But now I am ready to just.be.done. I can't take this for 4 more weeks. I'm 38 + 2 I think. ish. I had one baby at 38 weeks when my water broke and they had to induce after 24 hrs of no labor. And one which was induced at 38 for other reasons. my others have all been late. And this one probably will be too. How on earth am I going to survive? I hate to be such a baby, but I am so sore and I can't imagine even surviving to the end of the day never mind 4 weeks. Ugh. I really really hope this baby breaks the mold and comes early. If nothing else, holding out that hope will get me through each day for now.

Who else wants to complain with me? Do you feel done? Have a moan about it and help me have some company in my misery.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#2 of 12 Old 11-23-2010, 08:28 AM

DDCC - I have about 6 weeks, and I was ready a few weeks ago. I found out I have spd, and I have been battling hemmoriods (and I am not constipated- so totally not fair) but otherwise, once morning sickness wore off, my pregnancy was fine. In fact, the baby is doing great and I have had no major issues, I am just one of those women who don't like being pregnant. I think I get pregnancy induced anxiety and depression, and it gets worse closer to the end. I think 2 is my limit on carrying children, I can't handle the actual pregnancy part.

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#3 of 12 Old 11-23-2010, 09:04 AM

Yes, I could have written that post word for word.  I have been so blessed with an overall great, easy pregnancy, but I am absolutely miserable right now.  My back is killing me even when I'm not walking around, the baby is SO low and the pelvic pressure is horrible.  I know I was nowhere near this uncomfortable the first time around, especially not this early.

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

#4 of 12 Old 11-23-2010, 10:03 AM

Yes, yes, yes. I've had SPD since some time midway through the 2nd trimester and it only seems to get worse. I'm 36 weeks today and I told my midwife yesterday that I am serving this baby an eviction notice as soon as I hit 37 weeks and am safe to homebirth. She smiled but reminded me not to be in a rush. I know, I know. I wouldn't do anything to try to make it go faster, but especially watching the birth announcements start to pop up here, I am feeling so ready to be done.

I think partly it is also that we just moved from an apartment into the house we just bought over the last week. It is still a total disaster, everything half in and half out of boxes. As long as I am still pregnant, I feel like I'm on a deadline and have to workworkwork to get things organized. But I can't pick things up, and even walking around is hard with the SPD, and starting to get to the point where it brings on BH contractions too. So I feel guilty all the time because I *should* be getting things unpacked but I just really, really don't feel like it.

If I could just have this baby, I have a feeling all these other (relatively speaking, minor) concerns would FLY out of my head! THAT is what I'm looking forward to.

mama to jasper (12-17-10) and theodora (11-13-12)

#5 of 12 Old 11-23-2010, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I think I might have the opposite problem.  I can feel him drop down but he won't stay there.  Sometimes he's there for a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes.  Once he stayed there for two hours (I was around a bunch of midwives strangely...) but he always pops back up.  Its got me slightly paranoid that something is wrong.  Is his head too big?  Is he positioned wrong?  Is his cord shortened by being wrapped around him?  confused.gif

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#6 of 12 Old 11-23-2010, 10:48 AM

Fat Scottish Gal, I feel the EXACT same way!!!  I woke up this morning in agonizing pain with my pelvis, and it has just gotten worse all day.  I decided yesterday that I wanted to scrub the entire floor on my hands and knees.  BIG MISTAKE!!!  I am hoping that because I did something to cause this, it means that if I take it easy, it will go away???  A little bit???  Going grocery shopping was miserable today.  Thank God DH works tonight, so he could unload all the bags from the car for me.  I was going to do some more chores today, but the thought of getting on my knees to clean the toilets makes me shudder.  So I think I"ll postpone chores for now!

I am so excited for my chiropractor appointment tomorrow!  biggrinbounce.gif (except that smiling and bouncing is the last hting I feel like doing right now).  I think I start going 1 time per week now, since I'm 36 weeks.

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#7 of 12 Old 11-23-2010, 10:53 AM

I'm ready to be done! I'll hit 37w in a week and I'll be so glad to be done. I feel pretty good in the morning but by evening I am so huge and full and feel so much pressure. I can't hardly eat anymore. I can't get comfortable. I am done with walking because of all the pain and pressure. I just want to lay around all day.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#8 of 12 Old 11-23-2010, 12:39 PM

I am ready for the baby to make his debut, too! I had a miserable time for the first six months, then the last two have been fine, but in the past few weeks I've had a lot of swelling (facial as well as legs/ankles) and tons of pelvic pain. I'll be 37 weeks on Wed so I know I shouldn't feel too impatient yet, but I'd be happy if he decided to appear a week or two ahead of schedule :)

Mama to Ellie (11/11/05) and Owen, born 12/12/10 - a successful VBAC!
#9 of 12 Old 11-23-2010, 02:04 PM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Same exact thing here too. I've had a very easy pregnancy and have been comfortable up until yesterday. I seriously thought my pelvis was ripping apart most of the day and the pressure was just awful. I was half expecting the baby to show up cause I just felt so different from how I had been feeling. Obviously he didn't show up and today was just as bad as yesterday. Hopefully soon for us.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#10 of 12 Old 11-23-2010, 06:20 PM

I'm DONE too.  This has been my hardest pregnancy.  And I'm just OVER.IT.  I'm ready to have my baby in my arms. 

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Mama to: Kaleb 9/12/2005 * Adeline 7/02/08 (born at home!) & 'Dot' EDD 12/23/2010
#11 of 12 Old 11-23-2010, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post

Same exact thing here too. I've had a very easy pregnancy and have been comfortable up until yesterday. I seriously thought my pelvis was ripping apart most of the day and the pressure was just awful. I was half expecting the baby to show up cause I just felt so different from how I had been feeling. Obviously he didn't show up and today was just as bad as yesterday. Hopefully soon for us.

Yes, this exactly. Sounds like we're going through the same thing. You're due one day after me. I hope it will be soon for us both. I probably still have a ways to go though. Which is incredibly daunting right now. :(

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#12 of 12 Old 11-24-2010, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splath View Post

Yes, I could have written that post word for word.  I have been so blessed with an overall great, easy pregnancy, but I am absolutely miserable right now.  My back is killing me even when I'm not walking around, the baby is SO low and the pelvic pressure is horrible.  I know I was nowhere near this uncomfortable the first time around, especially not this early.

I could've written this, except that this is my first. I've had a relatively easy pregnancy, but I'm done. I'm tired, I'm achey, and I miss seeing my feet. Stick a fork in me - I'm done! 

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page