TONS of bloody show. EEK! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-23-2010, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, on one hand, I'm kind of excited!  On the other hand, I canNOT have this baby until Thurs or we have to transport.  So STAY until Thurs, please, Baby! 

Has anyone had bloody show w/out the presence of mucus plug?

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Mama to: Kaleb 9/12/2005 * Adeline 7/02/08 (born at home!) & 'Dot' EDD 12/23/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2010, 10:13 PM

WOW! Exciting, how many weeks are you now?

I lost my  mucus plug with bloody show 9 days ago and haven't had baby yet. I was shocked thought it meant baby was coming soon for sure and so did my mw. But I took it easy and baby is still hanging in there! Keep us posted! 

Mama to SDD (12), DD (8), DD (6), DD, (4), DS (3) and new little babe arriving Dec. We are in the process of building our cob home and homestead
Old 11-23-2010, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

I hit 36wks on Thursday which is the cutoff for HB here in Arkansas.  I have a history of preterm labor.  We've been counting down to 36wks, so here's hoping I can make it just a few more days!  :)  I'm crampy and have been having contractions 7ish min apart all night, but didn't think much about it b/c they haven't been painful.  There is no mucus, just blood which makes my MW think that it's just blood vessels popping as I'm dilating, but not enough to lose the plug.  That's a good sign. 

Funny thing about this, she just called to tell me she's heading to a birth literally blocks away from my house (and it's pretty rural here, so that's surprising) and if she needs to swing by to check on me, depending on how far along this other mom is, she can do that.  :)  And both that mom and myself are Dec Mama's!  :)   

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmom View Post

WOW! Exciting, how many weeks are you now?

I lost my  mucus plug with bloody show 9 days ago and haven't had baby yet. I was shocked thought it meant baby was coming soon for sure and so did my mw. But I took it easy and baby is still hanging in there! Keep us posted! 

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Mama to: Kaleb 9/12/2005 * Adeline 7/02/08 (born at home!) & 'Dot' EDD 12/23/2010
Old 11-23-2010, 11:02 PM

Exciting!! I hope baby stays put until Thursday. A Thanksgiving baby would be awesome. <3

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
Old 11-23-2010, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Certainly something to be Thankful for!  :)  Hopefully she's done cooking and a good size (which, DS was 4#12 at 30wks, so I have faith she isn't TOO small...)  ;)  And she's obviously getting ready.  We'll see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Scottish Gal View Post

Exciting!! I hope baby stays put until Thursday. A Thanksgiving baby would be awesome. <3

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Old 11-24-2010, 04:50 AM

Crossing my fingers for Thursday or later!

I'm 36w today, so your post is kind of surreal to me, lol.

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)

Old 11-24-2010, 05:48 AM

Have you DTD lately? 

With DD, I had some bloody show after DTD- a soft cervix plus increased blood vessels down there can make this happen.

Stay put for a little longer, baby!!! 

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
Old 11-24-2010, 06:10 AM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I had a ton of bloody show with my 4th baby. He stayed put for another 4 days. So hopefully you'll make it to atleast Thursday.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:56 AM

Stay in baby!!! 

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:01 AM

<---Is jealous.

I have been religiously checking down there for any sign of anything and NOTHING. Even deep DTD has done nothing but make me crampy. I think my cervix is made of some sort of metal or concrete..LOL

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

Old 11-24-2010, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry, Mama!  I've been checking too - I can't even find my cervix.  Everything is just a big 'bowl full of mush' at this point.  So, I'm guessing we're moving along. 

We haven't DTD in several days.  We WILL do DTD tonight because it'll be a few weeks if she comes soon.  :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantOfTheWeek View Post

<---Is jealous.

I have been religiously checking down there for any sign of anything and NOTHING. Even deep DTD has done nothing but make me crampy. I think my cervix is made of some sort of metal or concrete..LOL

Jamie * Andy's Queen
Old 11-24-2010, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

<---Is jealous.

Same here.  Must have a special kind of cervix.  Soft and stretchy but very tough... maybe its a special kind of rubber.  No spotting after transvaginal ultrasound, cervical checks, DTD, pap smear, didn't even have implantation bleeding!!  I haven't had a single drop of blood since my last period.  In many ways I guess that's pretty awesome but I don't even know if my cervix knows how to make a bloody show, lol.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
Old 11-24-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
 In many ways I guess that's pretty awesome but I don't even know if my cervix knows how to make a bloody show, lol.

You may be surprised ;) When the time is right, it will know exactly what to do. Don't sweat it.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
Old 11-24-2010, 03:08 PM

I've actually read that you can have bloody show for at least a month before baby makes an appearance. I had some last week with some intense BHs and this week, nothing...good luck!

Old 11-24-2010, 04:36 PM

its exciting to see things moving along!!

i had bloody show and mucous intermittently with my 1st pregnancy for over 2 weeks before i went into labor.

now i'm at 38 weeks and haven't seen much of anything.

Mama to two girls, born 5/08 and 11/10.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post

Quote:

<---Is jealous.

Same here.  Must have a special kind of cervix.  Soft and stretchy but very tough... maybe its a special kind of rubber.  No spotting after transvaginal ultrasound, cervical checks, DTD, pap smear, didn't even have implantation bleeding!!  I haven't had a single drop of blood since my last period.  In many ways I guess that's pretty awesome but I don't even know if my cervix knows how to make a bloody show, lol.

I feel the same way! I am due Nov 30th and there are no signs that this baby has any plans on leaving. My mom asked last week when I think I am having the baby, so she can get plane tickets. Seriously? She had 3 babies so I am pretty sure she knows how this works. I told her to come when I am 41 weeks, so hopefully baby will be here then. If there is no baby yet I know she will drive me crazy! Oh, well. Sorry to hijack your thread with my rantings. shy.gif I hope that baby stays put another day for you. A thanksgiving baby would be fun.

June Bug- 3 years and growing, Baby Emmett- 8 months and on the move!

User Tag List