What do you have left to do before the birth? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 11-26-2010, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm 36w5d and I can't believe the amount of stuff I've gotten done in the last few weeks. thumb.gif

We moved into our new home just 3 weeks ago and I've got it mostly ready- as ready as it can get. 

I got the birh supplies ordered and stored together and finished the 'baby nook' in my room, complete with a homemade mobile. love.gif

Managed to get my iron levels up so my homebirth is still on.biggrinbounce.gif

Still have to:

Have dh blow up and clean birth pool so it's ready to go.

Gather and organize birth linens so they'll be ready.

Try to find more nursing friendly, comfy clothes for postpartum.

Wrap kids Christmas presents ahead of time so I don't have to do it later!

Make belly cast.

What all do you have left to do before baby comes? heartbeat.gif

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#2 of 15 Old 11-26-2010, 09:51 AM

I'm 36 weeks and what I have left is...oh...only everything. :(

For the kid, we still need to get the car seat, co-sleeper, diapers and clothes!

I have babywearing, breastfeeding, baby care and elimination communication classes to attend!

I need to clear a lot of the clutter out of the bedroom (no idea where I'm going to move it all) so there's somewhere to put the nursing chair and assorted baby stuff.

I still need to do a prenatal visit with my doula.

All while trying to get over being sick and having a F/T job.

*deep breaths*

Our Tiger Cub arrived 12/29/10
#3 of 15 Old 11-26-2010, 10:19 AM
rad

I have everything ready right now. But I'm also 38w4d and my lst baby came at 36w, so I wanted to be prepared this time around. I am planning to run to Sam's today and stock up on some easy frozen meals for once the baby gets here and DH is incharge of dinner. I was hoping to make some freezer meals but just ran out of time.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#4 of 15 Old 11-26-2010, 10:35 AM

...I forgot to add I still have to put together the labor playlist. And finish reading the 10+ pregnancy/childbirth books I have.

Good thing I have a long weekend....

#5 of 15 Old 11-26-2010, 10:39 AM

Uh, a lot wink1.gif

I need to organize my birth supplies, they are mostly together, but I have some things around the house still.

Make sure hoses fit on my sink, doula is bringing them on Thursday- baby, please, don't come before then.

Wash car seat cover

Clean

Make a few freezer meals (I doubt this will get done, I don't like cooking)

Buy or make an herbal sitz blend

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#6 of 15 Old 11-26-2010, 03:32 PM

got the home check

got me and the baby check

nothing eles

oh crap my home vist is monday with MW

loving wife of 10 years, stay at home mom to
Sam 05 Isaac 06 Melody 08Baby #4 2010
#7 of 15 Old 11-26-2010, 09:58 PM

Get some receiving blankets! When I had my first kids, I got tons -- now I'm on #5 and I have none left. 

Lanolize some wool. Make some freezer meals. Do some more laundry. 

BELLY CAST is next weekend, when I'm 39w2d

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#8 of 15 Old 11-27-2010, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomaYula View Post

Get some receiving blankets! When I had my first kids, I got tons -- now I'm on #5 and I have none left. 

Lanolize some wool. Make some freezer meals. Do some more laundry. 

BELLY CAST is next weekend, when I'm 39w2d

I lanolized all my wool months ago for both new baby and re-lanolized ds's. He wore them once and I realized something had gone wrong! Such a bummer! So I need to do that again, too!

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#9 of 15 Old 11-27-2010, 08:37 PM

I've got to make more meals (only 2 done so far), find my wrap carrier and receiving blankets (I suspect they're in the same bin in storage that DH still hasn't found...) but we did get the car seat (need to get a winter-friendly cover) I also need to collect up CDs (no ipod here) and buy a belly binder for post-partum. I've got all my CD stuff ready, have enough clothes, bassinet, pads, breast pads, nursing bras and even did some online xmas shopping for DD, DH and the babe...I just got some hypnobabies cds from a friend, I think it's a little late for that, though...the janet, you'd be surprised what you can do over a long weekend, I've been working FT too and it definitely has made it harder but you can get through that list!

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#10 of 15 Old 11-28-2010, 06:09 AM

Well, MIL brought over the bassinet on Thanksgiving, so that's done.  Dh still needs to finish the floor, trim and painting in dd's room, and then all dd's stuff can move back in there.  I think that's the plan for today and next week.

On MY to do list:

get herbs for sitz bath

bouncer out of storage and cover washed

keep up with making pregnancy tea

car seat in car

pediatrician phone number in hospital bag

For Christmas to do list (going to try and get done before baby comes):

finish shopping and wrapping

get Christmas tree

stocking for bean

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

#11 of 15 Old 11-28-2010, 09:11 AM

I think all the basics are done. I have what I had long ago labeled 'December projects" meaning those that don't require me running around in my car.

In no order:
1. work on baby book
2. work on homemade xmas gifts and have packages out by 12/15
3. work on homemade baby mobile
4. work on addressing baby announcements, decided to make my own
5. work on new calendar for next year, filling in bdays and stuff
6. work on birth collage
7. Belly cast...finally aquired all the parts!
8. Hospital list in case we have to go and baby seat in car.

I do think we have to move our bedroom into our living room! No heat in our bedroom and I hate space heaters, have one and it really doesn't work and costs so much. We have a living room with a fireplace, 2 couches and 'my' glider. Then we have another living room that has heat, the one I am thinking we should move our bed into. Can't imagine baby breathing such cold air. I have been waking up not feeling great, dehydrated and think it is the room air. Is that possible?

Getting tree today and gonna get that up and decorated, still have 2 weeks of working left!! 37 weeks tomorrow!! Getting close, hard to believe. Saw a couple of you are making herbal sitz bath blends. I made one the other day and will post my recipe under that thread that was floating around a few days ago. It's a good one I have been told.

Owlgirl w/ life partner of 7 years & Nadia Avani 12/18/10.
#12 of 15 Old 11-28-2010, 02:59 PM

Well, after our adventure to the hospital this weekend, I came home and finally packed the birth and postpartum bags!  And made a list of last minute things to throw in there.

Today I decorated for Christmas; we just have to put the decorations on our little potted tree tonight.

DH set up the crib mattress stand next to my side of the bed; I'll start a thread about that tomorrow because it just so cool!  And we FINALLY picked names.

So to do still:

install car seats

finish Christmas presents

make and decorate gingerbread house

buy a nursing sleep bra

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#13 of 15 Old 11-28-2010, 04:56 PM

I guess I have done most of what needs to be done but I still don't feel "ready" this time. Thinks it cause our lives are so super busy! My DH is working long long hours right now trying to wrap up some projects so he can free some time for when baby comes but he keeps getting more and more work, can't complain cause work is $! And then there is the fact we are building a house, we are trying REALLY hard to get in by Christmas but I don't know if we can swing it! And once baby comes things will change as far as my ability to help, I have been doing all the phone calls, crew  organizing, picking up materials etc..

We STILL don't have a vehicle big enough to fit us all yet but the kids and I can all fit with the new baby and DH works from his home studio so we will have to make do for now until he has some time to look for a vehicle. We will be selling our truck to get a bigger van! SO I don't have carseat in the vehicle but its washed and ready to go..

Baby clothes are all washed

Need to set up playpen

Christmas prep mostly done, still need to get tree and wrap..

This week I have to go stock up on animal feed, hay, grain etc and also make sure our cupboards are stocked with easy food.. Already have a full freezer of suppers, just need some easy lunch and  breaky foods!

Looks like I may have a baby later this week, MW is stripping my membranes Wed to try and get it moving since my BP is creeping back up again and we want to avoid a chemical induction!

Mama to SDD (12), DD (8), DD (6), DD, (4), DS (3) and new little babe arriving Dec. We are in the process of building our cob home and homestead
#14 of 15 Old 11-29-2010, 05:29 PM

One of the most needed pieces of advice I received was to get everything done by 35 weeks.  Bless her heart - she was so right.  It's been a mad rush, but at 36 weeks and 5 days, I think I actually feel somewhat ready, at least according to our long checklist.  Just need to get some nursing pads...and make it through these last few weeks!

#15 of 15 Old 11-29-2010, 05:37 PM

I finally have the bare minimum for when the kid arrives and we take him/her home. I also have my immediate postpartum needs taken care of.

Still need to get the co-sleeper, nursing chair, a few bottles and a carrier for my husband. Aaaaand I need to undertake the undesirable task of clearing out/cleaning up the bedroom to make room for our new family member. As I approach 37 weeks, I'm less excited about this part...but I'm hoping when the nesting instinct takes over, I'll get it all done in one night! 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page