hanging out in L&D at the moment...update back home - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 11-26-2010, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Almost as soon as DH got home from work today (early, thank God!) I started bleeding.  Enough that I needed to stay on the toilet for a bit.  We finally got a hold of my midwife, who told us to come in (I had felt Squirt wiggle by this point, and there was lots of activity this morning). 

She checked me and I was 3 cm. dilated, and still bleeding enough that it was like a heavy period.  I had some cramping, but since I wasn't in active labor, and there was that much blood, she sent us to the hospital.  On the way here, I started having real contractions.

I've been on the EFM belt for hours now, and they did an u/s, and so far, everything looks great.  Bleeding has slowed almost to a stop.  Contractions had picked up for real for a bit there, but have since fizzled out back to the cramping feeling.

That's all we know.  I am so uncertain what is going to happen next.  I hope that they send me home on bedrest, and labor begins on its own in a few days and we're good to go, but we'll see.  I'm now using the earlier due date, as I had 2 to pick from, so it puts me at 37 w 4 d.

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#2 of 12 Old 11-26-2010, 01:19 PM

That must have been scary! I hope that you're able to go home soon and rest and let baby cook a little longer if needed! ((((Hugs))))

Massage therapist and artist, wife to English DH since 2002, Mummy to Oliver Finn 10/20/07 and Eamon Anthony 12/2/2010
#3 of 12 Old 11-26-2010, 04:04 PM

Please keep us updated! thinking of you....

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

#4 of 12 Old 11-26-2010, 04:17 PM

praying for you  both

loving wife of 10 years, stay at home mom to
Sam 05 Isaac 06 Melody 08Baby #4 2010
#5 of 12 Old 11-26-2010, 06:30 PM

Wow, that sounds scary! Please let us know how you're doing...

Mama to Ellie (11/11/05) and Owen, born 12/12/10 - a successful VBAC!
#6 of 12 Old 11-26-2010, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

they're keeping us overnight for observation.  Might have another u/s tomorrow morning.  At this point, the bleeding has almsot completely stopped, but they still don't know what caused this.  I'll be on EFM the whole night, and i've got a heplock in.  Still just waiting...  DH has been beyond awesome!

thanks for your happy thoughts!

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#7 of 12 Old 11-26-2010, 09:23 PM

DD buddy let me know if anything progresses! You have my info...I'll be in touch in the morning hug.gif

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
#8 of 12 Old 11-27-2010, 03:56 AM

Keeping you in my thoughts!

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)

#9 of 12 Old 11-27-2010, 07:18 AM

Wow, that does sound scary and distressing. I hope all goes well for you and you are back home soon.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#10 of 12 Old 11-27-2010, 07:42 AM

Oh gosh, that's no fun. I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope they can figure out the cause, but either way I hope it's not anything serious and you can go on to have a healthy final days/weeks (I know, I shouldn't say weeks...) of pregnancy and an awesome birth. I'm glad to hear your DH is being awesome through it, the support makes ALL the difference. Sounds like you have a fantastic attitude and are staying calm and collected, which will get you far also.

Scottish Expat Mummy to: 1 angel and 5 earthlings (4 girls, 2 boys)
#11 of 12 Old 11-27-2010, 09:07 AM

How scary! I'm sure you're in good hands and they'll take good care of you. It's hard when you don't know what's going on though! 

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#12 of 12 Old 11-27-2010, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

We are back home now.  My bleeding stopped last evening, and my contractions went away.  Well, at least the ones I was having to breathe through.  Still having some.  I'm also still 2 - 3 cm dilated.  They don't know what caused the bleeding, but baby is still looking great.  I'm on pelvic rest but not bed rest, exactly; just have to take it realy, really easy the next few days.  The midwife at the hospital said to go home and vegetate.  That is very, very, very hard for me to do as I like to keep my house clean and be super active, but I have a pretty good incentive!  I just have my normal prenatal appt. Mon. morning, where I assume they will check me again and we'll see how it goes.  I think, as long as baby holds on a few more days, and I don't bleed anymore, that I can deliver at the birth center still.  We are praying for that!

Thanks for your support and prayers!

Fat Scottish Gal likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page